Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

The Next Chapter

“What is death?” Dasha asked Anna. Anna pulled Dasha and Nikkita closer to her. They swung slowly on a hammock outside their summer house. After their mother’s death, Adnan took the kids to Florida.
“Not even I know what it is” Anna said. She no longer believed in any kind of god. She just couldn’t. So she gave them a sugar-coated answer. “I think you go to this place, and you get to watch over your friends and family and protect them”
“So moms watching over us?” Anna nodded.
“She always will. She loves us forever”
“Will we get to see mom one day?”
“Yeah. She’ll be waiting for us” Anna said. “One day we will be a big happy family”
“Anna??” Nikkita said softly.
“Yeah?”
“I miss mom” Anna pulled Nikkita a little closer.
“I miss mom, too”

The family stayed in Florida for a week. After that they returned to their home in Russia and both Mikhail and Anna started to apply to college. They both agreed that they could help the family more by going to college.
Anna applied to all schools in America. Mikhail only applied to one in America. That common denominator was Michigan University. Sam Mikulak told Anna about it and how great it was for international students. Sam currently trains in Michigan still and had no problem showing her around the campus. Mikhail heard about it through Anna and they both agreed that if they got in they would go togther.
Anna still had to decide on what she wanted to major in. She loved gymnastics but she didn’t want it to define her life. At the same time she loved psychology. She liked knowing how the brain worked and she especially wanted to work with athletes. She had psychological problems and owed it all to her therapist and friends for getting better. She wanted to be the psychologist to help athletes like her out of a hole. After a lot of deciding she decided to major in sports psychology with a minor in English Literature or European Studies.
When thinking about her future, when she got home she also decided to go more sponsorships. She did comericials and magazines and did interviews about her retirement to make some extra money. Her father wouldn’t let her work full time at a real job. He wanted her to focus on school.
Looking back on the past Anna felt like she had a great career. She had accomplished everything she wanted and owed most of it to her parents encouragement. Now she was ready to move on to the next chapter in her life. This is the next part…