Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

Party Kids

Every morning Anna met with Mikhail and they went out to have breakfast on campus. During breakfast they would call home. In Russia they are getting ready for bed. Nikkitta demanded that they called her every night so she can dream of their voices in her sleep. She was one little fire cracker six year old.
Adnan things were going great at home. Oleg got a job and was taking one college class. Nikkita started gymnastics. She loved it as much as Anna did when she was young. Nikki wanted to be just like Anna one day. She had a long way to go and a lot of work to do. Lubov was finishing up high school and Dasha was entering high school. Since their mother died they all got their priorities straight. Alina wanted many things for her family, and now they were doing all of those things.

During her first few months at Michigan she met her new best friend, Sarah. She was a ditzy blond in Anna’s chemistry class.
They were paired together on the first day. Sarah came off as very stupid and Anna thought she was doomed for the semester. Then somehow Sarah knew everything she was supposed to and actually turned out to be a genius…with no common sense what so ever.
They hit it off quickly and became friends. They were both first year freshman and needed a friend.

“I haven’t been home since…hmmm a while” Anna said.
“I couldn’t imagine going to college on the other side of the world from my family” Sarah said. “And then being a famous icon in Russia…you’ve accomplished more in 21 years then I have in 17” Anna giggled.
“I don’t think I’ve done loads…not enough” she said. “I want to do something real. I want to help people. Winning gold medals didn’t help anyone but my country, and for superficial reasons”
“I get’cha” Sarah said. “I want to be a doctor. I want to save lives. It feels weird though I have to spend years in school and tons of money to do so. Hopefully it’ll be worth it” Anna smiled. “What are you majoring in?”
“Psychology…more specifically sports”
“Oh that’s cool. What made you interested?” Anna shrugged. She obviously had a pretty clear reason for getitng into psychology. But she’s never really told anyone outside of gymnastics.
“Well” she started. She thought about how she was going to word this. “Before the olympics I really struggled psychologically. I put a lot of pressure on myself, I was brining myself down. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety a year before the games” she said. “I even cut myself for a short while” Sarah was silent. “I know what I was like to have the weight of the country practically on your shoulders. I want to be there for another young athlete who is struggling”
“Wow” Sarah said. She rested her chin on her hand. “You inspire me. Do you get that a lot?”
“Yup, I actually do” the girls giggle.
“Hey, let’s party tonight!” Sarah exclaimed.
“What?”
“Let’s go to a party!”
“Sure, why not”

That night Sarah and Anna dressed up like total sluts and traveled off campus to go to a party. It was the first college party they had both attending. They weren’t really that good at being college kids.
They sat around at the party, with their own bottles of water, talking exclusively to each other. “I’m socially awkward” Anna admitted.
“Me too…maybe this was a bad idea?”
“It was your idea” Anna said. “You dragged me here” Sarah rolled her eyes. “Maybe we can catch a taxi and go see a movie”
“Sounds great” the two girls headed to the door, Sam walked in just as they were leaving.
“Anna!”
“Sam?” she smiled. Sam smiled back. She had a brilliant smile. The two hugged. Sam had been meaning to bump into her again but it’s hard to do so when you graduated from Michigan and your five years her senior. “It’s so great to see you again” she said.
“Yeah, we should definitely hang out more” Sarah smirked.
“Are you doing anything right now?”
“No”
“Wanna see a movie with Sarah and I?”
“Yeah sure”
The three went to see a random movie that was on a midnight. They had a lot of fun talking. Sarah got to know Sam, Sam got to know Anna. It was a great night for them all.
Sam knew he had to make Anna his.