Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

The New Woman

A few months before the Scam Cup was Anna’s mother’s death anniversary. She wasn’t so keen about celebrating it or anything. So the rest of her family did while she was training. It was a big deal or one particular reason.

“I miss mom” little Nikkitta said. “When is she coming back?” now she’s 7 now and she’s still has no clue about death. She understands that she’s gone, but she doesn’t know that she’s gone forever.
Mikhail took a break from Uni to come home to see his family and everyday was unbearable. He wasn’t reminded of his mother in America because he was away from all the things that reminded him of her. But being home, seeing the pictures and his sisters that looked exactly like Alina was hard.
“So how’s school?” Oleg asked his only brother. “I love university here…I’m changing my course work to European Studies with a minor in Spanish” he said.
“Awesome…I’ll bet it’ll be easy. I love my Euro class it’s very informative” he said. “Lubov, have you started to look at schools?”
“No not really” she said. “I can’t imagine going off to college…I don’t want to leave dad here with these two crazy kids”
“I’m 13 years old, I’m fine” Dasha said.
“I mostly mean Nikkita…she needs an older mother figure in her life”
“Lu, you don’t need to be a mother to her…when she is older she’ll understand what happened to mom”
“I feel bad though, she needs a strong female role in her life”
“Then tell her about mom and what she used to teach us” Mikhail said. “She will forever impact our lives. We can’t forget about her or try to replace her, we need to celebrate her life and the things she did for us” Lubov nodded. “I wanna see you go to the best university in Russia, you had the highest test grades of anyone this year. You deserve it”
“I guess”
Adnan walked into the living room with cookies. Alina had a special recipe, whenever she made these sugar cookies everyone in the room would jump up to have one.
“I needed to talk to you guys about something kind of important” Adnan started. He put the platter on the table. Little Nikki got to them first.
“Don’t say were moving” Oleg said.
“We’re not…it has nothing to do with work”
“Ok then this must be simple”
“No…I met someone” Dasha didn’t understand.
“Met who?”
“A women…her name is Ludmilla”
“A women?” Oleg, Mikhail and Lubov asked.
“Yes, a women” Adnan said. He looked at his hands. He wasn’t wearing his wedding ring. He started living his life without it about six months ago. He wanted to move on. “I want to pursue her”
“Pursue her?” Mikhail, Oleg and Lubov asked again.
“Like date her?” Oleg asked. “But why—mom just died”
“Two years ago…she died two years ago” Adnan said. “Alina and I talked about this before she died, when we were getting married even. We both agreed that if one of us died at a pretty young age…we would want the other to move on and find love again. God has a plan for everyone. This is how things should go” Mikhail was boiling with anger.
“God wouldn’t have killed mom” he got up and left the room.
“Mikhail!’
Mikhail slammed the door behind him and commenced his walk down the stree.
Adnan sighed.
“Dad…I want you to be happy and all, but I’m not so comfortable with this” Oleg said. “I love mom and I miss her everyday but…I don’t know”
“When’s mom coming home?” Nikkita asked. Adnan sighed again. This was a bad idea. Besides, what women would want to be with a man with six children? All of them still upset that their mother tragically died?