Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

69

The day of the team final fell four days before Anna’s 23rd birthday. She wasn’t thinking about anything but the team final. Four years ago she let her team and practically her country down by falling on her beam dismount. She hadn’t thought about that mistake until the day of the final. It’s like all her past mistakes were now in her mind again.
They started on bars which was a great event to start on. Aliya ended off the rotation by scoring an even 15, a score not normally given out in the new code. If you score even a 14 you’re lucky.
Anna and Olga scored just above 14 and kept the momentum going into beam. After the first rotation they were in 2nd behind Romania who started on vault.
They went to beam. Olga and Maria started off scoring solid scores in the 13’s. With all her past mistakes on Anna’s shoulder she had no room for error. She went in and performed the best routine she’s ever done and scored a 15.1 keeping them in 2nd at the moment.
Floor was the event that could break them. Maria and Galina (the other Russian on the team) don’t have strong floor routines. Maria scored a 13.5 while Galina got a score in the 12’s. Anna could only do so much by scoring a 14.3. They moved to 3rd behind China and Romania.
They finished on vault with America. The Americans were known for powerful vaulting…in 2012, now they perform simpler vaults. Russia actually beat them on vault back in Rio and did so again. Both Anna and Aliya did double twisting yurchenko’s, Olga had a 1.5 twisting yurchenko.
They had to wait until China and Romania were done on floor before they knew whether they would take America for the bronze.
“Whatever happens I’m happy” Anna admitted. “Although we haven’t had a 4th place olympic win since 2008, we’ve made progress…right?”
“Yeah, we went from 8th in the world in 2018 to either 3rd or 4th” Aliya said. “I can retire in peace now”
“Vika wants to go on holiday” Anna said. “I want to go with her. She says she wants to visit America. I want to go to New York…wanna come?”
“Well only if we go to Florida, Florida is the best” Aliya smiled. “My life goal is to move to Florida”
“Only retired people live in Florida—oh”
“Yeah, I will be retired after the bars final”
“SCORE!” Olga exclaimed. Aliya and Anna looked to the scoreboard. They got the bronze.
♠ ♠ ♠
I believe now i'm caught up i might be a few hundred words off but whateverr