Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

Bye Evgeny

In 2040 Anna was pregnant and ready to have their child anyway. At 43 she was quite older than most mothers and planned to stop having children after that point.
Unfortunately, she got news from the motherland that Evgeny, her beloved coach had died. He died at the age of 72. He died peacefully in his sleep. The way he wanted to.
Also as a side effect of being so pregnant, it was risky to take a plane to Russia to go to the funeral. It was even more risky to drive. So she couldn’t attend. Forever she would have all the memories. He promised her he would be there for her until the end. His end. Evgeny was the godfather to the 11 year old Yuliya.
About five weeks after Evgeny died, Anna had her baby. They were going to give her a more english sounding name, but Tom felt like the baby needed to be named after Evgeny. So her name was Tatyana Evgeny Daley.

The death didn’t stop with Evgeny. Five years later at the age of 85, Anna’s father died. He was suffering from weak limbs, he could no longer walk. Poor Nikolai was 18 years old. Anna really identified with him and helped him through the loss. Overall though the funeral was a celebration of Adnan’s life. He had had some hard times. He grew up in a poor town in Albania and found himself in Russia, the mother land and at a young age he’s marrying the love of his life. Seven kids and over twelve grandchildren later he could die in peace, knowing he had lived a long healthy and mostly happy life.
♠ ♠ ♠
1,416 words and i win!