Casually Dropping A Line

Inspired by Coffee Shop Soundtrack. Dated and italicized sections are from 'real' Alex's old myspace journal entries.

-&-

“No, you don’t understand-“

She clasps her pale hands together, scooting forward and leveling him with her gaze. Her hands are too small for someone with such a personality. “Try me.”

Alex exhales. He doesn’t know why he’s telling her this. But there’s something compelling about the situation, something almost erotic about putting himself out there on the word of a complete stranger.

“Like, things are perfect at this moment, in a twisted way. She’s smart, funny, the sex was great, we have a few good memories. We’re…golden right now. I don’t want to ruin that by calling her and finding out that she’s too sensitive or that she isn’t as amazing as she seemed to be.”

Her eyes twinkle as she purses her lips. “Well, I think that’s a great philosophy. That way you can live your life without ever really knowing anyone.” He opens his mouth to counter but she cuts him off, “I’m not claiming to know everything about you or this girl, but let me save you the suspense. She isn’t perfect. Neither are you. The question is whether you’re perfect for each other.”
  1. [1/2] Don't Get Me Wrong
    I know you've got your life in place.