Status: active

I Want You Just The Way You Are.

epilogue

His hands were wrapped around my cheek, holding me in his embrace. Little droplets of snow fell lightly on my hair and shoulders, leaving me feeling chilly. But the warm feeling of his woven gloves on my face felt comforting, but not enough to make me happy.
"John, we can't do this," I sobbed into his black leather jacket.
"Shh," He hushed me, as he wiped away the cold tears that fell from my eyes. "I don't want you to say that," John's voice cracked, in a sense of fear, hopelessness, sadness.
"But you know it's true!" I pulled away, looking into his deep green, hazel eyes. The tears from my eyes wouldn't stop running down my face. My face started to sting from them.
John kept blinking, as I knew he had something going on in his mind.
"Please, stop crying, baby..." both his hands held onto my arms, as he looked straight into my eyes.
"Let's face it. You're a twenty year old rock star, okay? I'm a sixteen year old junior whose still trying to finish off highschool. We have to be realistic here, John. We can't be together," My voice trembled, as those painful words slipped out of my mouth.
I watched as John's lips parted, and his hands dropped to his side. I saw the burden in his eyes as he couldn't help but tear up as well.
"But I really want to be with you, I thought you felt the same, Cassadee..." He looked away from me and hid the pain he carried inside.
"I do want to be with you, I really, really do, but this is not okay. We can't go on secretly sharing a relationship together, no part of it is real. But please know that when the time is right, God will bring us together again. I-I love you," I stood on my tippy-toes and gave John one last kiss on the cheek before I walked back to my car with nothing but thoughts of fury, depression and anxiety all running through my mind.
This was the end of John and I.