Status: active

I Want You Just The Way You Are.

one

I sat there, on my bed, just thinking- thinking about how amazing tonight would be. I would be seeing my favorite band, within one hour. I took one last look at myself in the mirror before grabbing my purse and heading out to the venue.

No one had come to this concert with me, considering the fact that I was the only one who listened to, or even knew The Maine at my highschool. But this night had to be perfect, because they were my favorite band in the whole world, and nothing could possibly ruin it.

The Maine had been there for me when everyone else walked out of my life; more so my father. I've been living with my mom since I was four. My dad abandoned us before I could even talk, now, we don't even have a clue where he is. I grew up wanting to know what type of man my father was, but never seemed to know because my mother burned all pictures and memories of him. As I went through that hardship knowing that my life wouldn't ever be like any other teenager's, I discovered The Maine.

I had walked to a local F.Y.E down the street in search of new music to listen to. Looking around at all the various CD's, I couldn't decide. The manager of the place surprised me with 'The Way We Talk EP'. From there, I instantly fell in love with this band, The Maine.

By the age fourteen, last year, I was severely bullied. Being constantly called loser, weirdo, freak, ugly, and fat, I finally realized I couldn't take it anymore. I wasn't going to run to my mom about these problems- heck no, she'd go haywire and find every way possible to get those bullies expelled, but I wouldn't want to be one of those losers who tells on every little thing. Instead, I resorted to self-harm. I would cut my wrists using razors, but wear long sweaters to cover them up. I would starve myself until I'd pass out, but told my mom it was just because I was really tired from school. I'd occassionally burn my thigh using a lighter and a metal hair clip if I were that depressed with myself. This went on until about, maybe four months ago. I'd finally stopped after that, though. Because that was when the Pioneer album by The Maine had come out. That album pulled me through and kept my head up high.

I threw away the razors, the hair clips, the lighters, and finally started eating, but I kept the big sweaters because unfortunately, the scars won't go away. But tonight was the night where I would be thanking those five amazing men for helping me when I needed them most.