Status: Awkwardly Active.

In Case of Emergency, Dial 411

Interaction

Homecoming? Homecoming! Oh what was I thinking to agree to this!? I can’t even dance. what the point?

My mind was racing a million miles a hour as I paced my room. “What am I going to wear?” I asked myself outloud. I didn’t own any dresses. Then I thought maybe my mom owned something I could borrow. I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t miss it. I knew she was gone. What I didn’t know was where she was and how long she’d be gone so I had to make this trip quick. I snuck inside my moms room that was messier than mine and had dozen of empty alcoholic containers littering the floor. I go right my moms mirror closet and slide it open. Surprisingly, it was neat and somewhat in order. Her wardrobe arrange from casual jeans to formal business suits then dresses. shifting through the dress I find a wedding gown. It surprise me, Why does she have a wedding gown?. I pull it down and examine it and decide to try it on. The wedding gown has long mesh sleeves and train. It fits me perfectly, I put on the veil and look at myself though the mirror of the closet. And for a moment, I’m actually happy, I got a tingly sensation just thinking about the thought of getting married one day with a guy that would never leave me and to have a child that I’d always be there for because I wouldn’t want him/her to deal with anything that I did.

Ha, silly girl. No one would ever marry you! A voice in my head tells me dautanly

“You’re wrong.” I mutter to no one and continue to look through my mothers dresses. I found a purple one with spaghetti straps and pull it out. It seemed more homecoming orientated so I try that one on next. It fits somewhat loose but I decided that it was the dress that I wanted to wear.

“Siane!” My mom yells with a slur. I nearly jump out of my skin. There was nowhere to run or hide. My mom steps inside the room. “What are you doing in here digging through my things?”

“I-I uh, I needed a dress, ma.”

She throws herself on the bed and asks “Why? Why do you need a dress?”

“I’m going to homecoming and I just-”

“Homecoming? You’re not going to homecoming.”

Since when did she care what I did?

“You’re too young!” my mom continues

“But, I’m nearly 17!”

“That’s impossible. You’re 14 Siane. My wedding dress! why is it one the floor?”

“Why do you have a wedding dress?”

“It doesn't concern you. It’s not your business.” she kicks off her boots and takes off her sunglasses “I was supposed to get married to your father yah know?”

“No, I never knew that”

“It’s true before he got arrested he had proposed me” My mom said with a hint of sadness in her voice. She looked at me for brief moment, he eyes were bloodshot red, At only 30 years old my mom had larger bags under her eyes than great grandma had at 86 before she passed away.

“Siane?” she asked me

“Yes ma’am?”

“How old are you baby?”

“I’m going to be 17 next month momma” I tell her

“What month is it dear?”

“October”

“Right, that’s right.” she whispers before fluttering her eyes close “It’s October, next month is your birthday. You’re turning 15” my mom said before closing her eyes and passes out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe! Rec.

Thank you DominqueAlexeis for being my first commenter :)

<3Modern.Sunshine