Status: Awkwardly Active.

In Case of Emergency, Dial 411

Dynamic (Matching) Duo

I yawn, much as I do every morning but this morning way particularly different. For instance, Siane was curled up in my arms that I had wrapped around her body. I was comfortable like this. The only thing I could hear was the hum of her fan located at the other end of her room and ghost like whisper of heavy breathing. I turn my neck to look at the clock on her nightstand. It’s three am. I was sure to be busted by Grams in the morning even if I had good lie, like staying at Dontae’s for the night, but this was all worth it.

“Jare?” I hear Siane whisper against my chest.

“I’m sorry, did I wake you?”

She shakes her head and yawns “Why have you stopped humming?” she asked sleepily

A few hours ago when I had first entered the house I had quickly discovered that she had cut again. I cleaned her wounds once more. This time the cuts were deeper, there was a lot more blood. I couldn’t believe she hadn’t bleed to death. We ended up talking for hours about her life but she danced around the subject of why she actually cut. I didn’t bother asking again because of what happened last time. The conversation led to her crying harder than I had ever witnessed any other human being in my life. I comforted her and that’s how we ended up with her in my embrace. I hummed my grandmother’s song to help with soothe her.

“I’m sorry.” I say and continue with the tune. Within seconds I felt Siane’s body go limp and she began snoring lightly.

XxX


I ended up loitering around Siane’s house for few more hours. I saw her purple homecoming dress hanging up on her closet door handle. It was pretty. Imagined her in the dress but first I subconsciously thought about her naked which was nice to say the least. 8am Siane was still sound asleep. I decide to go home before my grandmother comes up with a strange and usual punishment.

When I got home it was quite, I snuck into the shower then into my room where I feel asleep til noon. I was hungry, so I went in to the kitchen and Grams was in the living room reading her bible while listening to the news.

“Mornin’ Grams”

“Jeremy, sorry I fell asleep last night early. What time did you come back home?” she asked

Was this real life? Maybe it was just a test of my honesty.

“I came back about 12. After the game Siane, Dontae and me went to the movies” I lie, and surprisingly Grams nods and continues on her usual activities. “So, I made the winning touchdown. The teams going to district finales.” I start a casual conversation

“That’s good Jeremy. I’m proud of you” I look away from the cupboard.

“Huh?” I asked

“I’m proud of you, Jeremy. I’m going to have to go see you at your next game.” She smiles at then continues to read. I stare at the assorted packaged and can food for the cupboards. No one had ever really told me that they were proud of me. Yeah, my coaches and teammates congratulated me but there was a different feeling I got when my grandmother said that she was proud of me. It felt even better than the cheers I recieved the night before.

XxX


“I got it, I got it, I got it!” I yell jumping over the coffee table to the front door before my grandmother could get to the door. It was the night I'd introduce her to Siane and I wanted it to be perfect.

“Alright you have it.” Grams raised her hands in defense.

I straighten myself up before answering the door, making sure my dark purple button up shirt was properly tucked into my black slacks. I checked the collar of my shirt to make sure it was tucked under my black vest and my bow tie as such.

“You look fine Jeremy, answer the door. I want to meet this girl.” Grams hurries.

I exhale and turn the doorknob.

Siane was standing there in her purple and fuschia dress I saw hanging up in her room. She look just as beautiful in it as I imagined if not better

“Ahem,” Grams clearly her throat loudly and it was then I realized I had be gawking at Siane. I just couldn’t help myself. She had curled her hair and did her makeup to match her dress. Her princess nominee stash was promptly around her body “Siane, come in. I want you to meet my grandmother” I said welcoming her in “Grams, this Siane” I properly introduced them. I could tell Grams liked her instantly. I didn’t realized until then that I had been waiting for her approval. “I got you this” I pick up the purple corsage from the end table.

“Jeremy!” she gasps. I didn’t know that the simple flower could make the girl so happy. I didn’t have much thought of a corsage till the afternoon when grams and I went hunting for purple dress shirt to match Siane’s dress. Grams said the corsage was a good idea and I didn’t question it. “You shouldn’t have” She gushes.

I smile putting the flower on her wrist. Grams takes pictures

“That’s probably Dontae” I said when the there was a knock on the door the second time. I open the door and sure enough it was him. He was wearing a mint colored dress shirt with khakis that of course were saggy. His stash proudly across his torso, He waddled inside.

“What’s up?” he asked with grin that was plastered on his face since he was Sophomore Homecoming Saige. The freshmen and sophomores had already announced their winners there was another couple that might win homecoming prince/princess and king/queen. The votes would go in tonight and it was to be announced at the dance.

“Dontae meet my grandmother and Grams I want you to meet one of my bestfriends, Dontae.”

My grandmother smiles, she seems to like him as well.

“So, everyone’s waiting in the limousine,” He says pushing his brown framed glasses up nose.

“Right, we should be going. See you tonight” I kiss my grandmother on the cheek and leave with my friends.

Inside the limousine was Dontae’s date Karstin and my cousin Wilko and his girlfriend Tasha. There was an undeniable tension between the two girls. I put my arm around Siane to sort of ease the hostility a little, It didn’t work.

When we got to the school gym, we were told if we were Juniors or Seniors to vote. Dontae and Karstin went in on their merry way while me, Siane, Tasha and Wilko stood in line to vote.

“Who are we running against, again?” I ask standing in line

“Um some chick named Jessica Lawson and that guy Kellin, what was his last name?”

“Quinn?” I said with my memory jogging

“Yup, that’s it” Siane nods
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe! Rec.

<3Modern.Sunshine