Status: Awkwardly Active.

In Case of Emergency, Dial 411

In Case Of Emergency

The song ended, and a faster one played. Siane stopped dancing.

“I’m going to go get us some punch.” I tell Siane she nods and I walk away.

“I saw your moves on the dance floor, Rico Suave.” I heard Dontae say behind me in a sarcastic tone.

“Whatever, I was just trying to make your cousin happy.” I say

“I know,” he smiles and rolls his eyes “How are you guys?”

“We are fine. How about you and Karstin?” I asked looking behind and around him for his maiden.

“Good, she went to the bathroom with a bunch of her friends.” I could tell my friend was happy.

“I’m going to get punch for Siane and me.”

“Oh yeah, catch you later.” he waves and nods. I walk away and get to the punch bowl that was the center of a long table full of assorted party/finger food.

“Oh well Hello Jeremy.” Tasha greets from behind the bowl of punch.

“They put you in charge of the punch bowl?” I questioned honestly surprised. I half expected a group of chaperons looking of the bowl of punch but no, instead they had captain of Cheerleading squad to monitor it making sure it didn’t get spiked

“No, just for right now. The chaperon had to go do something real quick.” Tasha says

“It’s okay, right?” I ask regarding the beverages.

“Of course it’s alright! Besides that kinda fun happens during the after parties.”

After parties?

“So, you’re really good dancer, Jeremy.” Tasha complements me, she bats her eyes and smiles

“Thanks, but I’m not much for a dancer. I was just doing it make a friend happy.”

Tasha looks down and frowns “Um, are you okay?”

“Yeah,” she looks away

“You sure?” I question again, a few seconds ago she was upbeat cheery and now she was frowning looking down,

“Well, actually no. I’m not okay.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Can I talk to you for a moment outside?”

It was a strange request, I felt weird doing it. “Sure” I agree “Let me just tell Siane..”

“No, I need to tell this right now.” Tasha insist “Come on!” she dashes for the closest gym entrance.

I run after her.

“Tasha what are you doing? You know we aren’t supposed to leave the gym.” I yell. Tasha is faced towards the athletic field.

“I’m sorry, Jeremy. I just,” She sighs. It sounds like she is about to cry

“Tasha? Are you like, crying?” I ask

The cheerleader turns around, her mascara was in wet inky stains that are smeared on her cheeks “Jeremy?”

“Yeah?” I rest my hand gently on her shoulder
“I didn’t know how to say this but..”

“You what?”

“I really like you!”

“Excuse me?” I take a step back removing my hand.

“See, this why I didn’t say anything earlier!”

“Oh, I’m sorry” I stand awkwardly in front of the girl that was crying

“It’s because of that girl. The one that cuts herself”

How did Tasha know?

“She told you that?”

Tasha sighs and chuckles lightly “Of course she didn’t. Everyone knows, she is insane. She has been baker acted like five times before. Why do you think she has no friends?”

That was a completely new piece of information to me.

Then everything slowly started to make sense. Dontae’s warning to be careful around her, the stories, Siane having no friends and wanting to keep to herself and Siane’s behaviour also reflected it. Her trust issues, the cutting, her believing everyone would leave her.

“Listen, I’m not crazy.” Tasha takes a step closer “I like you Jeremy so much”

“Whoa, whoa, what about-”

“Wilko?” she asks, I nod. “He is nothing. I want you.” Tasha’s hand caressed my cheek. I shiver slightly at the touch.

And before I knew it, our lips were touching.

“JEREMY!?” I heard my name being yelled before I could pull my lips away from Tasha’s

I turn my vision to the gym door I had just came out of.

There, soaked and stained, stood Siane.

“Siane!” My heart felt like it’s gonna explode. I push Tasha away from me. She lands on her back on the cemented sidewalk

“I TRUSTED YOU!” she bellowed out in a cry, “How could you do this to me?” she runs up to me “I forgave you, I trusted you” She whispered.

“Wait, this isn’t what it looks like!” I reach for her but she shrugs away from my grasp.

“Don’t touch me,” she snaps and takes a few steps back “Just, just leave me alone”

And then, she was gone. I watched her runaway. A menacing laughter invades my hearing. It’s Tasha.

“Why did you do this!?”

“Because Jare,” she sighs getting up “I’m stupid, ignorant cheerleader that has nothing better to do with her time than to bother you guys”

“You heard?”

“Yes, I heard it!”

“And this is your revenge Tasha!? What the hell is your damage?” I couldn’t believe this girl. “You really are stupid if you seriously wasted time and energy tearing Siane and me apart.”

Tasha simply shrugs and brushes off her white dress “Whatever, my job here is done. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going back in the gym to get my crown” Tasha flounces away.

I’m left standing the sidewalk. I didn’t know what to do...

I promised Siane that this night would be perfect for her, and lost the thing I worked my hardest to gain from her.

Her trust.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe! Rec.

<3Modern.Sunshine