Status: Awkwardly Active.

In Case of Emergency, Dial 411

Dontae's Chapter

Dontae stood on the stage with arms linked to his respective maiden Karstin. The crowning ceremony was beginning. The time came when the junior prince and princess was to be announced, Mrs Walsh the assistant principal took the microphone.

“For junior prince and princess....Kellin Quinn and Jessica Lawson!"

"Awh man," Dontae sucked his teeth "Jare and Siane should have won" he mumbled

"They weren't that popular. I mean yeah Jeremy is related to Wilko but Siane Olson? You know there was no way of them winning." Karstin commented.

"This shouldn't be a popularity contest."

"But it is, why do think I'm here with you?"

"Because, you like me?"

Karstin chuckled, "I never said that"

Dontae started to feel hurt and betrayed almost. The girl of his dreams used him for a title.

"And homecoming queen and king goes to Tasha Good and William Truman." Mr. Deck the school principal announced

Tasha flounced on stage with Wilko behind her and took the mic "Thank you, thank you everyone in my senior class that voted for me..."

Tasha's speech carried on for what seemed like forever when Dontae felt his phone vibrate in pocket.

"You're not going answer that now? The courts about to do the first dance!"

"Shut up!" Dontae snapped. He didn't want to dance with Karstin muchless her hear speak "Besides its just a text message."

"Well who's from? Hurry up!"

Dontae get were Karstin had the queue to boss him around or nag him so he just ignored her. "Whoa its a video from an anonymous number." he opened the message and the video began to load

"What is it?" Karstin looked over Dontae's shoulder .

What was in its content was nothing short of surprising.

"Delete the video!" Karstin demanded

"No, I have show someone this!"

"And now, everyone clear our dancefloor so we may have our court have the final dance" Mrs. Walsh instructed

"Don't it will ruin everything!" Karstin begged

But Dontae simply shook his head and pushed past the girl and made a b line to Mrs. Walsh.

"Mrs. Walsh, there's something important I need to show you!" Dontae said covering the microphone.

"Can't this wait after the dance?" Tasha said butting in.

"No, because you don't deserve that crown!" Dontae growled this time the mic wasn't covered and everyone heard

"That's impossible I'm the most popular girl in school!" Tasha scoffed

"Mr. Harris," Mrs Walsh "follow me now you too Miss Good." Mrs Walsh opens the curtain of the stage for them to walk in the students follow and William follows behind his girlfriend curiously.

"You better have a good explanation for yourself, Harris." The principal of the school said joining them backstage.

"I have this video" Dontae pressed play and gives it to the assistant principal.

The contents were analyzed. There was no dispute by the clear evidence.

"Captain of Cheerleading squad, and Secretary of the senior class." Claire stated in the video they were in the teachers lounge. The camera was placed at a distance but it was clearly visible as to what they were doing.

"Don't forget prettiest and most popular" Tasha complimented herself as she counted the ballets.

"So what's the final tally?" Claire asked.

"263 votes for Siane and Jeremy and 167 for Jessica and Kellin" Tasha said with distaste

"Ew, Siane is so ugly why did people vote for her?"

"Probably a pity vote but I had something planned because I knew something like this might happen." Tasha said digging through her purse she pulled out a bundle of paper identical to the ballets

"Whoa," Claire gasped "You're not going too?"

"Yes I am."

"You're so bad!" She giggled "Does Wilko knows about this?"

"Noway!"

At that point in the video the principal stopped the video

Tasha's mouth was gaping, there was no lying over the fact of what she did.

"Who sent this too you!?"

"It was from a restricted number. I don't know" Dontae shrugged

"Tasha, we expected better from you. Remove your crown and stash." Mrs Walsh ordered "Follow me too my office."

With her head hung low she followed the assistant principal without a crown or stash just shame.

"I'm really sorry about this William but we can't honor your win" Mr. Deck said.

"I understand" William said taking off his crown and stash.

"Sorry about this, dude."Dontae apologized

"Nah, its okay"

"You're not bummed about this?"

"Nope, I've been winning this whole homecoming and prom thing since freshmen year. The whole thing is overrated." Wilko shrugged and went in the direction on Mrs. Walsh and Tasha.

"We have some bad and good news" Mr. Deck started to speak once he and Dontae came back on the front stage. "The ballets were tampered with."

There was gasp of shock the emitted from the crowd.

"Its my displeasure to take away your Crowns" Mr. Deck tells Kellin and Jessica "But the junior homecoming prince and princess are Jeremy Shada and Siane Olson!"

Some cheering had started for them but no one moved.

"Jeremy, Siane please step up and claim your honor." There was no movement in the sea of pupils "Does anyone know where they are?"

"I saw Siane go outside." Karstin told Dontae pointing to the exit the used

"I do! Um, let me get them" Dontae said before running outside.

He looked around once he was outside.The campus was relatively small but he didn't have time to check everywhere. His gut lead him to the athletic field where he continued his search.

"Where the hell could they....oh" he gaze caught a glimpse of two figures on top of the stadiums commentators box.

"AYE JARE, SIANE!" Dontae yelled.

"What was that?" Siane asked pulling her lips away from Jeremy's.

"Didn't that sound like..." Jeremy questioned standing up to investigate.

"Well, gawd damn" Dontae said running up the steps of the stadium "You know you two could just wait for the after parties if you wanted to get freaky. On school campus just seems weired"

"What are you doing here, Don?" Jeremy asked holding back his laugh. Even in the most serious situations, Dontae humor surfaced and never seized to amuse him.

"The better question is what y'all are doing here when you guys should be in the gym claiming your crowns!"

"Wait, are you saying?" Siane questioned.

"Guys won!"

"We won!?" Jeremy exclaimed, Dontae nodded to confirm. Jeremy look at Siane who was expressing disbelief "We won!" He grabbed the girl and kissed her lips while lifting her in the air he spun her around.

"Okay we can celebrate later. Everyone is waiting for you guys back in the gym!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe! Rec.

<3Modern.Sunshine