Status: Awkwardly Active.

In Case of Emergency, Dial 411

Attack

“GO AWAY!” I screamed. That boy sure had some nerve. He and his redneck friends heckled me and now he was there probably just pick on me again.

“Hang on a second. Hear me out!” he raised his hands in defense.

“Why should I?” I dared.

“Because, what happened back there was wrong but I had no part in it! I don't even know those kids.” He attempted to defend himself.

“Yeah, thats why you were hanging out with them” I scoffed, not believing a word. Just like earlier in the week I said he’d become just like the rest of them. I was right, I was so right.

“They knew me because of my cousin. You know, Wilko? They wanted me to sit with them that its it. Honestly I don't like them really, they're jerks”

“You’re a jerk!” I said standing up “You’re just like the rest of them” I accused without hesitation stepping down the ladder. I started marching away

“Like the rest of who?” he asked, grabbing my shoulder.

“THIS ENTIRE SCHOOL!” I yelled shaking away from his grasp. I was going to run away just as I usually did but instead I stood my ground for once. I turned around and stepped up to him “Everyone in this stupid town, you’re all the same.” I retorted staring him in the eyes. He looked hurt.

“Wow, that’s a really big generalization. Especially considering you don't even know me or gave me a chance. I never did anything to you, Siane.” The boy said, then turning his back on me and for once, the other person was the one to walk away.

It was strange for me, I should’ve felt triumph. I finally stood my ground to one of them but instead I felt like a bitch. I thought back to when I was in preferred parking picking up trash as part of my community service hours when the heckling had started. I tried justifying myself,

“He was one of them that threw the trash at me and called me a nigger.” I told myself but then I remember clearly that he didn't take part in it. But still he just stood there and watched and that is just as bad as participating right?

At least he tried apologizing
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe! Rec,

<3Modern.Sunshine