Status: Awkwardly Active.

In Case of Emergency, Dial 411

Eat Your Words (This is when the story starts to get good!)

“Yeah grams,” I said with my cell phone to my ear jogging down the steps of the school “I just stayed after to retake a test I’ll be home in thirty minutes.“ I told her before hanging up. I rounded the another corridor just about to walk off campus when I started to feel pretty thirsty. I dug out my wallet to check to see if I had dollar left to get a soda when I realized I did walked back in the building straight to the vending machine as I inserted my dollar I contemplated between cherry coke zero or diet Orange Fanta. I settled with the coke.

"C'mon Hunter practice has been cancelled let's just go home." I heard a familiar voice familiar voice from the cross the commons area.

"Let me just get something from the vending machine." another voice spoke. I had no doubt in my mind that it was the same Hunter that promised me revenge a few days ago but curiosity got the best of me. Cautiously, I peeked around the hall and sure enough it was him. We locked eyes for a few brief moment before I took off in the other in the direction.

“Who was that!?” Hunters friend asked

“It was Jeremy! C’mon, let’s get ‘em!” Hunter ordered and I heard the fast footsteps behind me.

I’m not much of a fighter but I know how to defend myself when I needed too. I knew I could take on Hunter with no problem but he had about three friends with him and that made the score uneven. I ran around another hallway and I was about two corridors ahead of my assailants and I was running out of breath. Quickly I went to classroom “Damn it!” I cursed shaking the handle that was locked.

“You can run but you can’t hide, Jare!” I heard Hunter’s voice yell. He was getting closer and footsteps grew louder as they echoed down the hallways of the empty school. Then I saw the girls bathroom. I didn’t have time to make anymore decisions. I dashed inside. As soon as I got inside I turned the lock and pressed my back against the door and listened for the footsteps they were loud and I heard them down the hallway just outside then they faded away.

“Holy shit,” I gasped trying to catch my breath. Once my breathing came back to normal, I would have sworn I heard soft, faint sobs that were barely audible “Hey is someone in here?”

The faint sobs stopped and it was dead silent but I still had a weird feeling that there was someone in the bathroom with me. “Hello?” I called out pushing one stall open. Then the next one. “Do you need some help?” I asked to a possibly empty room. It was strange I had feeling someone was in trouble, why else would I hear sobs? I went to push open the next stall door but wouldn’t. I noticed it was stuck, not locked so someone was definitely blocking it.

“GO AWAY!” screamed a familiar girls voice.

“Siane!?” I pushed opened the door with force.

“Back off!” she held up a straight edge razor blade up to my face .My eyes crossed, my sight focused on the tip of the blade where I saw a drop of blood slide off and on to the floor.

“Whoa, lets hold on for a second!” I backed away and it was then I noticed her pants were off and she was just in a blue pair of boyshorts. Her thighs were bloody and covered in scars. “Who did that to you?” I asked she looked at me in the eyes. She was crying and her eyeliner was smeared. I took a step forward and she stepped back but her arm was still extended with the weapon.

“What do you want from me? Why don’t you just leave me alone!?”

“Wait, you did this to yourself, didn’t you?” I questioned softly slowly putting the pieces together.

She fell silent and dropped the bloody blade. “Why do you care?” she asked looking down “Don’t act like you care, ‘cause I know you don’t” she continued to sob.

“Siane, I really appreciate if you stop acting like you know me. You have no idea who I am yet you keep making these terrible accusations about me.”

“Because every single time someone like you comes around they always either leave me or lies to me.”

“Someone like me?” I questioned

“Someone pretending to care.”

“I’m not pretending.”

“But you don't even know me!” She said crossing her arms

“I know enough to care.” I said then expended a hand and I prayed that she take it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe! Rec.

<3Modern.Sunshine