Status: Awkwardly Active.

In Case of Emergency, Dial 411

Gone With The Wind

I stared at the boy with my arms crossed tightly, I didn’t want to trust him but I sensed something different in him just as I did the first day that I had met him. But at the sametime I still didn’t trust him. He held out his hand for me too take. I could have stared at his hand for an entire minute I was so hesitant but very reluctantly I held out my hand and grabbed his and surprisingly he pulled me into a hug.

A hug that was probably much needed. I couldn’t even remember the last time someone actually showed me some affection much less hugged me. I felt the warmth of his body against mine. I gripped him tightly. Finally another human being that I could hold on to and just let it all out to instead of a cold pillow in the middle of the night. It was silent in the bathroom, the late afternoon sunshine was coming through the windows of the dimly lit room.

“Thank you,” I said pulling away from Jeremy. I straightened myself back up and then I realized, my pants were still off. “Oh my god!” I squealed searching for my jeans

“Wait you can’t put those on yet!” Jeremy stopped me “Alright, that sound really creepy” he shook his head.

“Uh, why not? “ I eyed him suspiciously.

“Your cuts,” he pointed to my thighs “They need to be cleaned first!”

I stifled a laugh “I’ll be alright, trust me.” I rolled my eyes stepping into my jeans.

“No, the clinic is just around the corridor. Come on.” The dark haired boy persisted. He pulled my arm.

“No, Jeremy I’m fine” I pulled back “Besides, I’m not walking outside without my pants on.”

Jeremy started undoing the buttons of his black and red flannel shirt revealing his white tank top underneath that clung to his fit body nicely. “Tie this around your waist.” he ordered me. I wanted to say no but him being in that tank top had strange docile effect on me. I compiled by tying his shirt around my waist, picked up my pants and swung my bag over my shoulder.

“This door is locked” I said shaking the handle “Of course” I muttered and looked a Jeremy with a ‘I told you so’ glance

“Not a problem,” he shrugged “Gotta bobby pin?” he asked. I pulled one out of my bangs. I watched as he took the rubber tips off and bend the thin metal and the door popped on within thirty seconds of him sticking it in the tiny lock hold. I didn’t bother asking about Jeremy’s acquired skill. “You should sit down.” Jeremy suggested flipping on the lights and going through the nurses cabinets. I sat down on one of the bed with the paper on it. It was quiet except for the glass clinking around as he dug out bandages and gauze.”Alright this will probably sting.” he grimace kneeling down with the bottle of peroxide in hand.

“Go ahead,” I nodded. I figure it couldn't have be too bad compared to what I had already done to myself. He poured the clear liquid on my right thigh first. It stung somewhat but not that much. It fizzled white on my cuts.

“These are pretty damn deep,” he sighed cleaning my cuts with the cloth was was rapidly turning the hue of crimson. I had not stop bleeding yet. I thought about the stall and how I didn’t get a chance to clean up like I usually did. The janitor or the next person to use it would either believe it was a crime scene or some girl had a very messy period.

“Yeah, I guess they are” I whispered. It was my intention. I wanted to cut deeper this time.

“Promise me you won't do this to yourself anymore.” He said wrapping the bandages around my thigh.

I bit my bottom lip and nod “mhm” I hummed. I begun to feel strangely and slightly aroused, He was so gentle and careful not to put too much pressure on my tender flesh. I had never been touched like that before even though on his part it was unintentional. Maybe he’s gay? I thought momentarily “So, you’re really good at this.” I stated the obvious”as he begun the same process on my other thigh.

“I took medical skills last year.” He struggled. "Last week you missed a lot of days of school, yah know.”

Yeah, what's it to you? is what I thought instead “I got suspended” came out my mouth. He looked at me inquisitively so I gave him the rest of the explanation even though I certainly didn't owe him it “I got in a fight with some stupid, ignorant cheerleader that had nothing better to do with her time than to bother me.” I said rather harshly. I didn't intend on it sounding that way but it was just the way it came out. Jeremy was silent for awhile after that. He continued to clean my cuts as he hummed. It was kind of melodious and calming. He was repeating the same tune over and over. It was almost as if he was singing, I could almost make out the words...

I can save you

I was in the process of deciphering the tune into words when it stopped abruptly.

“So what's your story?" he asked me once he’d stopped humming. Though he had stopped, the tune kept repeating in my head. It would have been annoying if I hadn't enjoyed it so much.

"What do you mean?" I asked him avoiding the question. I didn't know if I could trust him or not. He’s so nice but I still needed to protect myself just in case.

"Fine," he said looking up at me "If I tell you mine first would tell me something about yourself?” He asked

“Maybe.”

“My dads a addict and I never really knew my mom. She left me and my dad when I was a baby. Recently, I moved in with my grandmother because I couldn't stand living with my dad anymore.”

"At least you know your dad. My father is in prison I haven’t seen him since I was eight years old and my moms an alcoholic." I said. The words just rolled off my tongue. I couldn't believe I just let him in, I wasn't supposed to do that. He wasn't supposed to so nice to me. For the longest time I believe it was impossible for anyone to really care for me. It also pique my interest that despite how shitty Jeremy’s past was It didn't seem to affect him “How do you do it, Jare?”

“Do what?” he raised a brow.

“Be happy?”

“Um,” he scratched the back of his head “I try to just take one day at a time I guess. To get away from my dad I did a lot of sports back home and I guess that how I got all my friends.”

“Are you going to do sports here?” I ask curiously. I studied his face as he tries to explain. His dark emerald irs’ shine, he sucks a little at pale pink lips. When he blinks I take in how thick his long brown lashes are and how well groomed his eyebrows were. I wondered if he did anything to them or they were just naturally perfect looking.

“Probably not,” He shrugs standing up, brushing his dark denim pants off at the knees “I came here for a change and fresh start. I’m pretty sure I’m done with sports. You should put your pants back on.” he picked up all the stuff to put back in the cabinets.

“Thank you, Jeremy” I said standing up my thighs were completely bandaged. I put on my pants.

“Yeah, no problem” He said, his back was turned he looked occupied cleaning up and making sure it look like we were never there. I turned around slowly and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe! Rec.

<3Modern.Sunshine

Happy Thanksgiving lovelies!