Status: Completed.

Wretches & Kings

Let Loose

Preparing for the so-called “Summer Festival” had the energy in BigBang changing dramatically. It was as if a heavy blanket had been lifted, giving a breath of fresh air to everyone, causing smiles and laughs. Everyone was simply in a happier, lighter mood like G-Dragon had said.

Hyun Ae remained in the infirmary as much as she could, but things were beginning to settle down once again. They were picking up outside the infirmary, with everyone busy in preparing the celebration of the year. Hyun Ae was still considering the invitation from G-Dragon. She figured no one would notice if she wasn't there, so why would she bother? It would be filled with people and, like she told GD, she didn't know how to act in such a positive, happy environment.

The girls were aflutter with the news, wondering if a guy that they found attraction with would notice them. They'd whisper in each others ears and giggle; Hyun Ae would just roll her eyes, trying to fool herself into thinking it was pointless blabber. However, she couldn't help, but wonder about Daesung and the 'thing' he had for her. Perhaps if he went, she would too, but then what?

She'd shake her head at the thought and go about her business. There was no point in dwelling about it. Seungri was making things up and she was over-thinking.

“You're coming to the Festival tonight, right?” Seungri asked as her hands deftly trailed over the bodily damaged he'd succumbed two weeks prior.

“No, probably not,” she answered absently. “You're healing very fast...”

“Fresh fruit,” he answered. “But why the hell not? You need to break loose, have fun! Come on, Hyun-nuna. I really want you to go. So does Daesung.” He yelped when Hyun Ae's hand connected with the back of his head.

“My mind's already been made.”

“But—but—but...”

“Seungri,” she warned, raising her hand again which he ducked away from.

“Just let me say something,” he squeaked. Her hand lowered slowly and he breathed out. “I'm not saying this to be annoying, Hyun Ae, I promise. I, honestly, think it'd be good for you. You're under a lot of stress and you're uptight. It'll be away to unwind. I'm asking as a friend. Please?” His eyes turned pleadingly to her, filled with a mock sort of innocence that made Hyun Ae's own eyes narrow.

“Maybe,” she finally said and Seungri fist-pumped the air.

“You won't regret it, Nuna!” he said, leaping from the table.

“What did I say about calling me that?” she growled.

“I'm sorry...Nuna.” And he darted through the curtain and away.

Hyun Ae rolled her eyes and left the station as well. Seungri was just being thoughtful, and purposefully annoying, but he was thinking about her none-the-less. Of course, he ought to think about her well-being since she'd saved his from getting electrocuted...

--

Hyun Ae looked down upon the mass the people from the walkway above their heads. There were thousands of bodies moving about and a constant pulse shook the air. She moved down to the steep stairs that led to the level below, wind pipe contracting as the crowd of people grew closer and closer.

Reaching the floor, which was sent into vibrations, Hyun Ae spotted the damaged speakers piled at the front of the room and realized what the pulsing was.

Music.

Never once had Hyun Ae heard music; it'd been banned years ago. But it was playing now and Hyun Ae felt the rhythm, the machine sounds and harsh beats. Bodies were moving to that rhythm and Hyun Ae stayed on the outskirts, wondering what she was supposed to do amongst all these jostling bodies.

“You made it!” She turned to see Seungri grinning at her. “Knew you would.”

“I thought I'd come see what all the excitement was about,” she stated bluntly, her eyes traveling over the heads.

“You looking for Daesung?”

Her head snapped to look at him, eyes narrowed. “No, why would I?”

Seungri's grin stretched. “I dunno...but he's over on the other side talking to Taeyang. You should ask him to dance.”

“And why would I do that?” Hyun Ae asked. “I don't know how to dance.”

“But if you did, you would totally ask him.”

“No, I wouldn't.”

“Liar.”

“Seungri, I know where your broken bones are. Don't push it.”

The younger man took a hesitant step away from her. “Okay, okay,” he said. “You know, he—” A girl came running up and grabbed his hand, dragging him to the crowd of dancers. “We'll talk to you later!” he called, disappearing into the swarm.

Hyun Ae stood there, arms crossed and trying to blend into the shadows of the dimmed room as much as possible. The beat was catching though and she found herself nodding along with it. It wasn't so bad as long as she didn't think about the uncomfortable situation she was in. Lots of people, enjoying themselves when she couldn't. It was frustrating. A want to be able to 'let loose' and be an actual human being was so tempting, but she couldn't break through that shield to do so.

A finger tapped her on the shoulder and she turned. GD stood, smiling, and wearing a shirt with the sides cut out, a thin piece of fabric covering his back and front. “You look lost,” he said over the roar.

Hyun Ae shrugged. “There isn't a whole lot to do.”

“You wanna dance?” Hyun Ae immediately shook her head. “Oh, c'mon.” He drew closer and Hyun Ae smelled something sour on his breath. “I'll teach you.” Hyun Ae shook her head and shifted away. G-Dragon sighed and scratched the back of his head. “Okay, I won't force you. You want something to drink?” Hyun Ae shook her head. “Are you just going to stand here the entire night?” She nodded and he laughed. “Oh, we'll get you to do something,” he said. “I'll just stand here with you until you decide to do something.”

GD propped himself against the wall and kept his eyes on her. Hyun Ae looked the other way and suddenly felt a hand on her arm. She automatically flinched away. The grip tightened, but not threateningly. “You gotta learn to trust people.” It startled her that GD's voice was right in her ear, his warm breath on her neck.

“I am,” she said. “It just takes a while.”

“Start with me, then,” he said. “I said you could trust me and I'm not lying.”

“I know you're not.” She tried to move away from him. “G-Dragon...”

“What? You don't believe me?”

She did believe him, but the lack of space between them was making her uncomfortable and the music was shaking her insides just as much as the nerves. “I do,” she said. “Just...”

Suddenly, a group of girls came over, smiling. “Come dance with us,” they begged, pulling at G-Dragon's arm. “Please, oppa?”

GD took one last look at Hyun Ae, who adverted her eyes, and followed after them. She exhaled in relief. That had been horribly awkward and painful. He was trying to help, but she couldn't just let him in when he asked.

She saw Daesung's approach and turned her face the other way. When he was standing beside her, he asked, “can I talk to you?”

“Of course,” she said and managed to look up at him. Immediately, she was met with the undeniable stench of alcohol, harsher than G-Dragon's. She hadn't taken Daesung as a heavy drinker, but their excuse was it was a once a year thing... “What do you want?” she asked, hoping to make it quick. She knew what men under the influence would do, though she doubted Daesung would ever do such things.

“I need to tell you something,” he said, voice starting to get the intoxicated slur. “I...” He swallowed and Hyun Ae could see the uneasiness in his eyes. He tried again. “I...”

“Daesung, what's wrong?”

He stared at her and before she could shift uncomfortably or even really make a reaction, he grabbed her face and pressed his lips to hers. All emotion sprang free and Hyun Ae found her mind going blank, like when sedated. But...better.

When Daesung released his grip on her, she stared at him, blinked at him, tried to utter a word. He waited. “You going to say something?” he asked.

“Why did you do that?” asked Hyun Ae, knowing full well. She just couldn't bring herself to admit it.

Daesung stepped to her, pressed her back against the wall. “I love you,” he said.

Emotions were running rampant, everything from fear to something that Hyun Ae couldn't name. Which scared her more. She looked up into his eyes, shadowed by blonde bangs, clouded with alcohol. The murky look made Hyun Ae's thoughts come to a sudden stop and she took a deep breath.

“Tell me that when you're sober,” she said, and put her hands on his muscled shoulders, pushing him lightly away. He staggered with that simple movement.

She slipped by him and made her way to the stairs, trying desperately to contain herself.

“Hey, where are you going?”

“Back,” she answered Taeyang.

He fell in step beside her. “Whoa, why? The party's just getting started.”

“I just—I can't. I can't do this.”

“Sure you can.” He was walking backwards now and noticed that her face was white. “What's wrong?”

She came to a stop. “Daesung is wrong!” she snapped. “He's...he's...” A frustrated growl left her clenched teeth.

“He told you something, didn't he?” Hyun Ae nodded, pursing her lips. Taeyang shook his head. “I told him to wait...”

“Wait,” Hyun Ae looked at him. “You knew?”

“Everyone knows, Hyun Ae,” Taeyang said. “The guys never seriously been in love before and with you...it hit hard.”

Hyun Ae shook her head. “Whatever...I need to go.”

Taeyang grabbed her wrist. “Come on, Hyun Ae. You can't let what Daesung ruin this, alright? Let's have fun.”

“I don't know how!” Hyun Ae felt like she was beginning to repeat herself. Everyone was so into 'fun'.

“You'll learn,” replied Taeyang and began to lead her back down the stairs. Hyun Ae sighed, following after reluctantly.

Taeyang led her through the crowds of people to a table that was stocked with large barrels. Taeyang grabbed a cup, turned the faucet so a dark liquid came out of it, and presented it to Hyun Ae. She looked at it warily. “What is that?”

“Fire water,” he said, “drink it. It'll make you calm down...”

Hyun Ae continued to study the contents. “I don't need to 'calm down'.”

“You are more tense than I have ever seen you. Drink it,” he offered. Hyun Ae sighed and took the cup. “Don't smell it; just down it.”

Hyun Ae did as she was told and tipped her head back. When the liquor hit the back of her throat, she about spit it out, but hastily swallowed the stuff. Her throat and chest began to burn and her eyes filled with tears.

“What is that made out of?” she coughed out, clutching her throat.

“Dunno,” Taeyang said with a shrug, making Hyun Ae look up at him with a glare. “It burns though, doesn't it?”

“Yes,” she wheezed. “My head feels weird...”

“That's the point,” Taeyang grabbed her again and lead her into the throng of people.

Seeing the direction they were headed, Hyun Ae drug her heels. Taeyang was shorter than her, but he pulled her weight without even changing pace. “Taeyang, I don't think...”

“That's right. Don't think,” he turned to her with a smile. “Just dance.” And he proceeded to pull off a bunch of moves, which some were to cause her to crack a smile—and succeeded in doing so.

The night drew on into morning. Hyun Ae's fear and uncertainty began to unravel and a sense of belonging and actual happiness began to seep in. People spoke to her, everyone was smiling, the music was more intoxicating than the alcohol. She forgot her problems for hours, longer than ever before. Even the run-in with Daesung was forgotten. There was something freeing in the night, like a weight had been lifted from her chest and she could fully breathe.

The crowds began to thin until barely anyone remained. Taeyang and Hyun Ae were sitting on a deserted table. Taeyang had lost his shirt—again—somewhere in the chaos. They were both hot and exhausted, but thrilled none-the-less.

“So did you have fun?” asked Taeyang, giving her a knowing grin.

“I did,” Hyun Ae answered, smiling slightly in return. “Thank you.”

Taeyang nodded. “No problem.” He hopped off the table and stretched his toned arms. “I think its time to head to bed.”

Hyun Ae let a yawn pass and nodded, getting down as well. A cackle suddenly echoed in the large room and they both turned. Seungri was stumbling towards them, barely unable to keep his feet. A hysterical bought of giggling was spewing from his lips. When he reached them, he was still laughing, trying to say something.

“Seungri, what's your problem?” Taeyang demanded.

“D—Daesung...” the fighter gasped out. “He's...gone!”

“Gone?” Hyun Ae asked and looked to Taeyang.

“Means he's probably drunk past common sense,” Taeyang answered with an exasperated expression. “Where's he at?” he asked the other man.

Seungri was still laughing as he led them, stumbling over himself and obviously about as drunk as he described Daesung. Hyun Ae gave his back an annoyed look. Seungri stopped at a mess of overturned tables. A pair of legs were draped over the edge of one set up table and Hyun Ae peaked over the edge. It was Daesung, out cold. She pushed his legs off the table and waited for a response.

Nothing.

“Alright,” Taeyang sighed. “Let's get him to his room. You take his legs.”

“Are you going to help, Seungri?” asked Hyun Ae.

The younger man started into his guffawing again. “I'm just about as drunk as he is,” he slurred out. “I gotta take care of myself!” And he shuffled off in some other direction.

Taeyang just rolled his eyes and the two began to haul Daesung to the stairs and up them. “Daesung...” Hyun Ae groaned out as they tramped up the steps. “You owe us so much.” Taeyang grunted in agreement.

When they finally reached Daesung's room, they dropped him on the cot and caught their breath, glaring down at their friend.

“I'm going to bed now,” Taeyang said. “You coming?”

“I'll keep an eye on him for a little bit,” said Hyun Ae. Taeyang nodded and left quietly.

Hyun Ae knelt beside the unconscious Daesung, leaning an arm against the side of the cot as she watched him with careful eyes. Something was probing at her chest, a feeling she didn't want to experience. But as she watched him sleep, her hand reached out and brushed the bangs back from his closed eyes. She'd never admit it to him—or too herself. She couldn't explain the things she felt.

He had been there for her since they'd met. His heart was so kind, so beautiful. Daesung would never hurt anyone—especially her. She knew that. So why was she so scared of him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahahahahahaha!!!
GD/Hyun Ae and Aesung! I have no ship name for GD/Hyun Ae yet. xP Was anyone else waiting for this? xD

Thoughts?

Special thanks to:
Blue to help me fall
Oceanid.
daisuki desu.
Manbear-n'-Me!