Status: Completed.

Wretches & Kings

Conquered

Fear bolted into ever system that heard the call. Hearts began to pound, adrenaline coursed and flooded through constricted veins. Actions kicked in. Amidst Daesung and Hyun Ae, people tried not to let panic set in as they began to flock to safety.

Screams and the hammer of high powered artillery echoed and rose to the infirmary. Daesung began stating orders; hurried, but calm. His devotees' actions mirrored his tone.

“Hyun Ae.”

She turned to look at him. His face was drawn—Hyun Ae could see that even in the darkness—and he contemplated saying something else. “Help Mi Hee evacuate all the patients and leave with her,” was all he said before going to his own work.

Hyun Ae looked after him, a sense of regret forming like a rock in her stomach, before she turned to do as she was told. She worked quickly, trying to escort the weakened patients to the exit that would lead them through hidden tunnels and—eventually—to the surface.

There were shouts from the entrance to the infirmary and Hyun Ae's heart lurched in her throat. Mi Hee and her began ushering faster. There was no way the patients would get far if the Dakeu Jeon-won found the passageway soon. Hyun Ae went through their chances; it was bleak. When the last patient passed the thresh hold, Hyun Ae pushed the other woman through.

“I'll hold them,” she said quickly and swung the door shut before the nurse could object.

The barking and guffawing of Dakeu Jeon-won could be heard beyond the curtain. They destroyed, pillaged. The screams of the remaining medics as they were assaulted, captured. Hyun Ae's eyes searched for a weapon.

I won't go back...

Something in the mind clicked and anger buried was flaring again. Hands gripped a scalpel, eyes spotting a stool, inner eye focusing on the vital points of the still invisible threat, reliving everything Seungri had taught her.

--

“Jesus!” Seungri shouted, dodging behind a wall as a round of gunfire came his way. He swore, trying to catch his breath.

There were Dakeu Jeon-won everywhere; the very sight of all the greed-clad soldiers was terrifying. And there was the one question that was plaguing so many; how had they gotten in without being detected?

A movement caught Seungri's eye and he looked up just in time to see a Dakeu pointing a gun at his head. The smirk sealing his fate.

Suddenly, the soldier's head exploded and Seungri shielded his face against the gore raining down on him. The body fell, revealing a very perturbed looking T.O.P.. He latched onto Seungri's arm and hauled him to his feet.

“Where's G-Dragon?” the assassin asked, looking around.

“I don't know.”

T.O.P. grabbed Seungri by the shirt, pulling him until they were centimeters apart. “Find him,” he growled. “Get him out of here.”

“I was working on that,” Seungri snapped. “But its hard when you're getting shot at!” Another round pelted the wall shielding them and T.O.P. reached around the corner, shooting into the crowd of green with his Glock.

T.O.P. turned back to Seungri, reloading his gun in one breath with skilled hands. “He's probably getting people out before himself,” he said, looking up at the younger man. “What are you waiting for?”

“You're bleeding.”

“I'm aware of that,” T.O.P. said.

“No, you're bleeding—”

“I know,” T.O.P. growled and grabbed Seungri by his shirt again, shoving him across the way. “Find G-Dragon and get him out of here!”

Seungri glanced back at the assassin before scrambling off, ducking from the fire.

T.O.P. pressed his back against the wall and looked down. His knees were going weak and the ground was growing unsteady. He noticed the steady trail of blood he'd left and a small smile came to his lips. Hopefully, it'd lead enough of them to him before he blacked out.

--

The curtain pulled back and the soldier was met with a stool to the face, breaking bone. Others shouted in alarm and Hyun Ae waited patiently behind the curtain until they were in view. The first was struck between the neck of his uniform and the bottom of his helmet, piercing the artery. A gurgled cry. Blood splattered across her face as the scalpel was yanked free, zeroing in on the another victim. They were shocked at first, not expecting such a feral attack. But they recovered. One reached for a gun, but Hyun Ae was quick to snap the wrist, dislocate shoulder, and aim for the throat again.

She was merciless, just they had been to her once. One advanced and was kicked in the belly. Another followed, his eye gear shattered painfully with a heel. Hyun Ae whirled, covered in a work of blood, eyes burning, lacking reason.

I won't got back.

If they were going to try to take her, she'd kill as much as she could. She sliced at another, but he ducked, fast, and his gloved fist collided with her gut. The air whooshed from her lungs and she gripped the soldier's shoulder only for a moment before regaining enough to dislocate the joint. She would not go down in one hit.

Something collided with her back. A wave of electricity coursed through, ripping at her clenched muscles, searing her bones. A scream cut short by constricted windpipe as she dropped to her knees, her stomach. Writhing and jaw open in a silent scream. Even when the assault ended, her body lay convulsing. Arms were jerked behind her and clasped.

Hyun Ae struggled weakly. She wouldn't go back. She couldn't handle it again. They had to kill her first. But her body wouldn't function to her commands; instead, it continued to convulse on the floor. Dark laughs dripped overhead at her struggle. She tried to worm a way to her knees and her throat opened enough to released a shriek.

From somewhere in the darkness, there was an answer. “Hyun Ae!”

“Daesung!” she screamed.

“Shut it, bitch!” A slam to the skull and she became still.

Hyun Ae's body was drug out with the rest, those that were still alive after the assault. Bloodied and broken—all of them. Most refugees had escaped, but hundreds were on their knees, others lay dead, either trampled or shot. Dakeu Jeon-won rejoiced, practically bathing in the blood of those they slaughtered.

“Their leader?”

“Gone, sir. Our intel is stated he escaped through the tunnels. We've been made aware of all escape routes.”

“Good. Find those that made it out. Bring them back to the City.”

“Yes, sir.” The lower ranked nodded and marched off.

“Sir!”

The green-clad captain turned and approached another soldier, who was holding a glowering translucent screen in front of his face. “Sir, I think we found her.” He pointed at the woman with the cropped hair laying at his feet.

The captain looked at the picture on the screen, cool eyes narrowing, then at the woman. “I believe you did, soldier,” he grunted. “Well, done. Lord Doh-Chang with pleased.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote a majority of this by hand while I was eating lunch. In a public area. :O

Hyun Ae kinda turned into a crazy bitch this chapter...See what pent up anger does to you?

Thoughts?

Special thanks to:
daisuki desu.
Manbear-n'-Me!
Blue to help me fall
Oceanid.