Status: Completed.

Wretches & Kings

Doh-Chang's Traitor

Hyun Ae awakened suddenly, jerked hard against her confines. She hissed in pain as the tender spot on her head smacked against the hard wall. Moments passed before her eyes focused on the paper wall in front of her, whispers going on outside. Hyun Ae looked at her own position. Her wrists were chained to the wall on each side of her head and ankles shackled to the floor. The clothes she wore were not her's.

A door in the wall slid open and a woman slipped inside. Hyun Ae shied away, but the woman knelt in front of her, placing a large tray on the floor with several utensils and jars

“What's that?” Hyun Ae's voice shook as eyed what the woman picked up.

However, the woman didn't answer and unscrewed the jar and dipped a brush into it. A stark white liquid presented itself on the edge of the brush and the woman slid it down Hyun Ae's cheek. She started at the chill as the liquid was brushed down her face. Hyun Ae tried to question her again, but the woman remained silent, never even a flicker of recognition. After Hyun Ae's already pale face had been transformed into a snow-white canvas, the woman outlined the dark depths of her eyes with black and cold, her lips a blood red.

“Can't you tell me anything?” Hyun Ae asked after almost an hour. “Just tell me what you're doing.”

“Preparing you for Lord Doh-Chang.” The woman's voice was so sudden, Hyun Ae jumped.

Then, the woman's words penetrated. “What?” Hyun Ae felt her chest constrict.

“Lord Doh-Chang is waiting for you.”

“What do you mean?” Hyun Ae demanded. “What does he want with me?”

The woman fell silent again, weaving a thin golden chair through the younger's short hair. Hyun Ae closed her painted lips, drawing them into a fine line. When the attendant had finished, she rose with the tray and disappeared through the sliding door again. Only a heartbeat passed before two Dakeu Jeon-won entered. Panic arose, heart escalated. Hyun Ae's heels scraped against the floor in an attempt to escape. One of the soldiers produced a syringe and Hyun Ae immediately knew what such a thing was, making the panic increase by ten fold. She pleaded feebly as her arm was pinned to the wall and the needle inserted.

Immediately, a feeling of hopelessness, of numbness. However, her mind remained clear as day even as her body became rigid, inanimate. This was not like anything she'd experienced before. There was the thought that slaves sold in the sex trade were drugged differently and she guessed that the rumor was right. She could think clearly, but as far as movement, she couldn't.

She was unshackled and Hyun Ae darted for the chance to escape, but her body simply flinched.

“Stand,” one of the soldiers commanded and her body obeyed. When she was on her feet, they pushed her forward through the doors and down the long hallway where the weeping and screams of women could be heard distantly.

The halls were dark, steely, and cold. There was a constant rumble, movement. Hyun Ae was becoming petrified on the inside. Her body only responded to the Dakeu's commands, left to scream at a torturous volume inside her head to stop. A chill shook her innards, but her body on the outside remained placid, rigid. At one point, she caught her reflection in a window to another dark room. Pallid, flawless, and detached. Empty eyes.

They approached a pair of towering steel doors, embedded with inscriptions of gold. The guards that stood quickly opened the doors and Hyun Ae continued to escorted inside. The room within was brightly lit with carpets, cushions, and drapes of dark reds, greens, and gold. It was warm, almost welcoming. Hyun Ae felt a teasing moment of ease before she saw the man sitting on a high-backed chair in the center of the chamber. He was long-legged, a well-muscled, but lean man. A black robe covered his upper body. His head was shaved, but for the cobalt braid that ran from the back of his head, down his back. A lean scar went from his lips, up through a paled eye to the bare scalp. His face revealed him to be late thirties.

Hyun Ae was pushed to her knees. “Bow to the lord,” one growled. “Lord Doh-Chang, is this the woman you requested?”

The man got to his feet and approached Hyun Ae, look intent upon her face. “How many times must I ask you to be gentle with my assets, Lieutenant?” The soldier muttered an apology and stepped back. Doh-Change lifted Hyun Ae's chin with a firm hand. She could not meet his eyes. “Yes, this is here” he finally answered. “She's far healthier than she was before.”

“She was with the defiance, Milord.”

“That's expected,” said Doh-Chang, never taking his eyes off Hyun Ae's face. “Leave.” Hyun Ae heard their retreat. Her eyes stayed locked to the ground. “Hyun Ae, am I correct?” When she didn't answer, his hand returned to her jaw, making her look at him. “Answer me.” His voice was steady, but without heat.

“Yes,” she answered, voice robotic.

Doh-Chang smiled. “Wonderful...” he purred. “I've waited a long time for you.”

“Why?”

He seemed surprised by her question or that she was able to speak out. Then, he smiled. “If you really wish to know...” He turned away from her, hands clasped behind her back. “One day I visited the fields and I saw you. Even though sedated, you worked with this passion, this vigor. You made the others look so incoherent and worthless. And underneath, the filth and grime, I saw a beauty beneath; if cleaned up, you would make an excellent addition to my chambers.” He turned and began to pace towards her. “And being in the field at such a young age, I was certain you were also untouched. I have never taken one from the field, only the best from the sex trade that have been confirmed chaste.”

Hyun Ae's eyes widened, stomach roiling in disgust. “You're wrong,” she quickly said.

Doh-Chang looked at her curiously. “About?” By her frightened eyes, he understood. “Oh. No, I believe I'm correct about your pureness.” He left no need for explanation.

Hyun Ae's hands tightened the grip on her skirt, the sense of disgust accompanied by violation. This man had searched for her simply for his own desires. He was the savior of Asia and what he demanded, he got.

“So is everything clear now?” Doh-Chang asked, standing in front of her. “Or are there any more questions?”

“What of my friends?”

“Friends?” he repeated. “My dear, you have no friends anymore. Your only companion is me.”

“Please,” she said, starting to regain a sense of willpower. She could move her hands of her own accord. “I know there is a man here; I wish to see him one more time. Please?”

Doh-Chang seemed to contemplate her request before pitch eyes returning to her face with a flash that made her start. He looked her up and down. “The man's name?”

“D—Daesung.”

He remained silent for a little while longer before nodding. “Very well. Lieutenant!”

The doors creaked open. “This woman wishes to see one of the prisoners, 'Daesung'. I believe there's a familiarity with the name.”

Hyun Ae was pulled to her feet and accompanied out of the room. She felt the presence of Doe-Chang behind her. Pulled down more dark hallways until they came to a stop in front of a large door that opened upon the knocking. She was briskly put inside and her breath caught.

Daesung was seated in a chair, wrists and torso strapped unbearably tight with leather. His skin was smeared with blood, skin tore and slashed; bruising, coloring into a deep purple and black. His head hung, chin drooping on his chest. Hyun Ae dropped to her knees in front of him, tears falling from mournful eyes. Her hand reached up to cup his cheek, skin burning.

“Daesung,” she said quietly and his eyes pried open.

He looked at her, eyes glazed, but a smile came to his face. “You look beautiful.” Voice course with a mouthful of blood, teeth stained red.

Hyun Ae sniffed, conjuring a watery smile. “I look better than you,” she agreed, both hands going to his face. Daesung leaned against her right palm, closing his eyes. “Why would they do this to you?” A question almost to herself than him.

“They think I know where G-Dragon is,” he answered, unmoving, relishing in the gentle contact.

“But you don't.”

Daesung shifted his head. “Even if I did, I wouldn't tell them.”

Hyun Ae looked down at the cuts, the lacerations and bruises and swelling. They were slowly killing him, bleeding him out, torturing his pure soul until nothing was left. The very thought drove more tears from her eyes. She leaned forward, pressing lips against his crown. “I'm so sorry...” she whispered, stroking his hair.

“Don't be,” he answered. “Its not your fault.” He wanted to know why she was allowed to see him, but by the look of her clothes, her painted face, his worst fears were confirmed. He swallowed, pure dread setting in.

The door opened Hyun Ae looked over her shoulder. Eyes widened at the sight of Taeyang standing in the door. It took a moment to comprehend it. He was not restrained, nor harmed. And by the look of alarm and guilt on his face, it was understood.

Hyun Ae slowly rose to her feet. “It was you,” she said. “It was you, wasn't it?” Taeyang looked to the floor, unable to answer. Hyun Ae steeped closer, seeming to tower over the shorter man. “Why?” was all she could ask, betrayal gleaming in her eyes.

“I'm not here to talk to you,” Taeyang said, an edge in his voice. But he still couldn't look at her as he moved past.

“Why?” Hyun Ae demanded, glaring at his back as he approached Daesung. “Because I've been demoted to Doh-Chang's whore, you can't speak to me?”

Taeyang's stride faltered. “I'm sorry, Hyun Ae,” he said. “I didn't know...”

“That doesn't matter,” she spat. “You—”

“I'm here to save Daesung's life,” Taeyang growled with a glare turned back at her. When Hyun Ae said nothing, he turned his attention back to the man glaring up at him.

“What have you done?” Daesung croaked, eyes burning into his comrade.

“Listen,” Taeyang said, squatting down. “You need to tell them where G-Dragon is...”

“I don't know where he is,” Daesung replied through gritted teeth.

“You have to know some place, have an idea where he might be.” Daesung's glare became more lethal. “If you don't tell them anything, Daesung, they're going to kill you as soon as they walk through this door. I've given you another chance. Tell them anything you might know.”

“Even if I knew where he was, I'd never betray G-Dragon's trust!” Daesung shouted, arms straining against the leather. Hyun Ae could feel her throat constricting with tears. Hate. “He trusted you. You were his closest friend...”

“Daesung, they're going to kill you. Lie if you have to,” Taeyang pleaded. “Please.”

“If you're asking for it, then no,” Daesung snarled.

“Daesung—”

“Leave him alone,” Hyun Ae snapped. “Its because of you, he's here in the first place! Its because of you we're all dead!”

She latched onto Taeyang, but his hand grabbed her arm painfully. His eyes burned into hers; she could feel the skin bruising. “I did what I had to do,” he said and dropped her hand.

Hyun Ae's other hand shot out and back handed him across the face. “What you had to do was protect BigBang and you failed,” she said as the door opened again.

The two soldiers that had escorted her grabbed her by her arms, but she held back. “Wait!” she said. “Please, give me a little more time!” Two more men had advanced into the room, approaching Daesung as Taeyang stood there, helpless.

Doh-Chang was standing in the door with a satisfied smile. “Last chance,” he said. Daesung remained silent. “He won't say any thing we ask,” he said, referring to Daesung. “Kill him.”

Hyun Ae's howl rang through the room as she tried desperately to free herself. Tears fell from her eyes, locked on Daesung, screaming his name. He kept his eyes on her as she was escorted out, hoping only that she was treated decently; that, maybe, by some thread of hope, she'd be freed again. When Hyun Ae was out of the room, the door was slammed shut. She was drug down the hallway, following Doh-Chang, fighting the entire time. When the gunshot rang out, she let out a final scream of agony before falling completely mute and limp, tears leaving translucent trails down her cheeks.

Taeyang was the one that had betrayed them and at the cost of Daesung's life. Hyun Ae inhaled sharply at the pain in her chest. She'd lost two of her closest friends; Taeyang was as dead to her as Daesung was to the world.

When they returned to Doh-Chang's rooms, one of the Dakeu Jeon-won slammed a dose of drug into her neck. The two dropped her, leaving her on the carpeted floor. Hyun Ae felt her nervous system being taken over again, staring at the draped wall as she became nothing more than a machine with thoughts that couldn't have action taken upon them.

“Get up.”

Hyun Ae's body obeyed, standing erect in the center of the room. Her tear-stained face was blank, the makeup untouched on porcelain skin. Doh-Chang was seated again. “We'll make this easy the first time since you've just experienced emotional distraught, it seems,” he said. “Remove your clothes.”

Hyun Ae felt the flare of rebellion, fingers twitching to obey, while her brain screamed “no!”.

“Remove your clothes...” he repeated slowly over each word.

Hyun Ae's hands began to undo the ties at her back, unlacing the strings, shaking with a ferocity. Her eyes were locked on him and his smug look of victory as he watched. She tried desperately to stop her actions, but it was becoming futile as her head pounded, muscles ached.

“Its painful, isn't it? To disobey,” Doh-Chang said. “Sometimes its easiest just to give in.” His lips pulled back into a grin as she began to slide the silk down her shoulders, a trail of blood falling from her nose.
♠ ♠ ♠
And this was extremely depressing to write, not gonna lie.

Thoughts?

Special thanks to:
Manbear-n'-Me!
Oceanid.
Blue to help me fall
park chanyeol