Status: Completed.

Wretches & Kings

Heat

Hyun Ae's fingertips traveled along the girl's pale skin at her arm. They deftly touched, locating the vein. The girl watched her warily, not quite trusting the woman who held a needle and little eyesight. Hyun Ae gave a reassuring smile before guiding the needle effortlessly through the skin. The girl merely winced at the usual sting.

The IV tube was attached and Hyun Ae let forth a smile. “There. I'll be back in half an hour to check this. Just rest.”

The girl flickered a smile as Hyun Ae left. She went about her rounds, checking in on patients, using her touch and the statements of the other medics. Determined to fulfill Daesung's duties, Hyun Ae took advantage of her other senses. Her vision had not improved and it was doubted that it ever would.

The days passed endlessly with nights filled with nightmares that left the woman laying petrified in the dark alone. The crude, viscous man that had stolen so much from her was still in the consciousness though she was free of him physically. Never to be freed mentally.

Because of the internal torture, Hyun Ae continued to fight as strongly as she could. Seungri had bruises to prove it. She had become incredibly lethal, more so than when she'd had her full sight. The whistling of a fist in the air wasn't missed and she was always quick to block and strike back, faster than the first attack. She was lithe on her feet, like a cobra Seungri liked to say. She wasted no time in attacking, dancing around and making it seem like the easiest of tasks.

G-Dragon watched as his people slowly dwindled. Slowly losing their glow like fading candles. And he was diminishing like them. Hyun Ae couldn't see it, but she knew. By the way the empty ring of his voice, the solitude he'd locked himself in. Seungri spoke of his doubts as a leader that he wouldn't speak with anyone else.

Hyun Ae made her way to the tiny room their leader resided in. He was sitting amongst the blankets that made his bed, staring at the wall opposite. His eyes hardly flickered at her unannounced entrance. She sat beside him, eyes intent on the outline of his face.

“G-Dragon...”

“There's nothing to say.”

“GD, listen.” She laid a hand on his shoulder. “You can't give up yet. We haven't.”

“The food is running out...”

“Something will work out.”

G-Dragon smirked a humorless simper. Then, it dropped and he turned his head fully away from her. “You don't know that. I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise.”

She slowly wrapped her arms around his shoulders, laying her head against one shoulder. “You did. You did what you could.”

“I lost Daesung and T.O.P...I'm sorry.”

“Its alright.”

“You loved him,” GD said suddenly. “Like really loved him.”

Several silent beats passed before Hyun Ae muttered a, “yes.”

“You're keeping his legacy alive, helping all these people, giving them hope. You're making him proud; I hope you know that.”

Hyun Ae's eyes brimmed with tears at his words. Her gut twisted with guilt and rage and despair. When she stopped to think about Daesung, she felt lost and completely defeated. If only she could have done something, anything to spare him. “He didn't deserve to die.”

“No, he didn't,” G-Dragon agreed, adjusting to wrap her in the security of his arms. His turn to comfort. “He was one of the last people who deserved it.” In the mind, GD imagined he should be one of the first. To toil with Hyun Ae's emotions as she sat vulnerable and in need of attention. He was taking advantage of the woman that one of his closest friends had loved; Daesung had spoken to G-Dragon directly on his feelings for her. But that didn't stop G-Dragon from touching her and loving her as well. Daesung was dead and Hyun Ae needed...something to fill that space.

His fingers trailed through her hair as droplet after droplet fell from the porcelain face. The devastation was growing so heavy in the pit of her stomach, bigger and more prominent until she felt nauseous. She couldn't shake the feeling of guilt from her remiss confession. How she wished Daesung was there to tell him what she thought of him. Everything was crumbling around, not long would even the two that sat huddled in that chamber be breathing. There was so little time left to fix the devastation, or at least that's what was felt. She needed arms to hold her tighter. A heart to love her like the one that she had pushed her away.

There was no time for doubts or thinking twice. Hyun Ae quickly lifted her lips to his, too rough and anticipating. GD was startled, but quick to take control. Passion that he'd latched onto, held back was unleashed. Far different than their first encounter. She tried to get her point across, that this was more than a kiss. Her nails raked down biceps, unsure what to do. But GD was not callow in those actions as he stripped himself—and then her—of the cloth barrier between them. Hyun Ae's heart beat became erratic, fear intertwined with passion. But he was not Doh-Chang, she had to remind herself amongst the fog of mixed emotion.

After the heat of the moment, he calmed in action, taking his time in exploring her with lips and fingertips. Her scarred and and distorted skin that she was afraid to show. So beautiful in the most unique way was she, that GD felt his heart shred in the chest cavity. But his tranquility remained. A passionate, experienced calm that helped to settle weary nerves. His touch was a fire, soothing and burning. She let him explore with eyes closed and awaiting a pain that would never come.

She clung to him, nails digging into his back. All worries ripped away as he loved her, fingers intertwining in hair and lips connecting with an urgency to swallow the others laments that couldn't be expressed in another way.

They were using each other to an extent: her to fill the void that lingered and he to quench the lust that burned in his gut, his brain. Was it voluntary or were they partaking in the others helplessness subconsciously? Neither knew, neither cared. They just needed a feeling of passion, love, something that they'd both been deprived of. Something that couldn't keep them from being torn apart.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know what I just wrote, I really don't.
I blame Sara. Because I love her.

Another short chapter, but the next chapter will hold...something. /wiggles eyebrows suggestively

Thoughts?

Special thanks to:
park chanyeol
Blue to help me fall
kapachii