Status: Completed.

Wretches & Kings

Battle Plan

“You're sure we can trust them?”

“Yes,” T.O.P answered. “Its not like we really have much of a choice anyway.”

GD sighed, peering over at the small army of Australians who waited patiently a few yards away. “You're right.” Sighing, he turned back to the Australians and nodded. “Alright, what do you have to offer?”

“First, what do you have to offer for men?”

“We're not a military-based group,” GD said. “We have a few that are trained to fight through T.O.P and Seungri, but apart from that...we're not much.”

Colonel Wright nodded thoughtfully. “We figured as much. That's alright. We're not the only group that's got your back. All our military along with New Zealand's is waiting for an opening from us. Then, we'll blow that bastard sky high.” Seungri smirked in open approval at the Colonel's words. G-Dragon nodded. “But there's something I have to ask of you; something I'm not sure you would want to agree to.”

“Name it,” G-Dragon said.

“We need to get inside. Someone who can operate freely inside and help the rest of us get in. We can't get in with brute force because Doh-Chang's got that place locked up tighter than God knows what.”

“I have family on the inside,” Hyun Ae spoke and all eyes turned to the woman who had remained nearly silent until then. “I don't know how to reach them from the outside though. But...maybe I can figure something out.”

Colonel Wright nodded thoughtfully. “Please do, Ms...”

“Hyun Ae. Just Hyun Ae.”

The colonel nodded again. “Alright. Just Hyun Ae it is. And if you can get word to your family without triggering an alarm to Doh-Chang that we're going to be on his ass, then go for it.”

“Actually,” the burring voice of T.O.P resonated from the dark corner he'd be leaning against. “It won't be easy, but I have a plan.”

--

Daesung and Hyun Ae retreated farther into the tunnels, finding a desolate corner. Daesung's strong arms engulfed her again, such a strong and warm embrace that made tears sparkle in Hyun Ae's eyes.

“I thought...” She did not know where to start on what thoughts and moments had flooded her conscious since the moment she had thought he'd perished.

“Its okay,” he said as if that was all it would take to heal the wounds that had been made. In that moment, it was.

He pulled away, a hand pressed against each of her smooth cheeks and peered into those flooding, damaged eyes. “I'll fix your eyes somehow.” When she had spoken of what had happened in Doh-Chang's chambers—fleeting over the suffocating details—Daesung's heart had broken.

Hyun Ae smiled, a sad one. “Don't worry about that now. We need to focus on the plan.”

“I don't feel comfortable letting you go, let alone when you can't see.”

“I can see,” she objected. “Just...not all that well. I'll be fine. Let me do my job and you do yours.”

Daesung looked reluctant, but said, “I will make it better, I promise.”

Hyun Ae's smile brightened. “I know you will...” She bit at her lip, reaching for his hands which he gently presented to her. “I should have told you this the day you told me,” she said quietly, unsure how to put her words. They had to mean as much when she said them as when he had spoken them. However, nothing special or elegant was coming to her mind. “I was just too stubborn to admit it to myself then and I was scared and I couldn't think straight. I just didn't know what to do or how to handle it. I just—”

Daesung released one of her hands and put a finger to her lips. “You're also really bad with words.”

Hyun Ae flushed and nodded slowly, making Daesung smile. “I love you,” she said. It was simple, yet sudden. Rushed yet set firm on her tongue and speaking truth.

“I know,” was all he said before pressing his lips to hers.

They spent the night together, yet it was not in the way that she had spent the nights with G-Dragon. Those memories were not gone, but simply shoved to the side to worried about later. The two laid quietly together amongst old blankets that smelt of earth. Her arm over his torso, hooking him into her body and refusing to let go. They slept that way, a peaceful rest of listless dreams until Daesung awoke slowly.

He peered down at the beauty still clinging to him and smiled. He had missed her face. It was her that had kept him driven and alive as T.O.P and him had scurried through tunnels and sewers. While they rounded up allies and the help needed, he thought of her, the only thing he truly had to return to. He never realized just when he had fallen so deeply for her—the quiet, scarred, and nervous woman who had built a wall between her and the rest of the world.

Now Daesung knew that he had broken through. She returned what he felt and the relief and uplifting spirit was rejuvenating. He felt a new kind of strength. One that would be used to protect her.

Slowly, Daesung slid from her grasp where she stirred before falling back asleep. He tread softly, most of BigBang still in their quiet slumbers. Daesung crept along in need of releasing his bladder.

“I hope you're happy.”

Daesung froze and turned, meeting eyes with his leader. G-Dragon looked at him, orbs burning with something that made Daesung slightly weary. “What are you talking about?”

“Hyun Ae,” G-Dragon said. “I was there for her when you were off playing dead. I comforted her and told her everything would be okay. She tried to kill herself and I'm the one who stopped her. I'm the one who made her better. But as soon as you came back, everything I did was forgotten.”

“G...”

“Don't worry about it,” the leader growled. “Enjoy; I'm done with her.” He turned to leave when Daesung grabbed his shoulder.

“Don't you dare talk to her like she's...a piece of trash.”

“Why not? That's the way she treated me.”

“So what?” Daesung snapped. “I'm sure she appreciates everything you did for her, G. I know she does. But why are you acting like this? You know I loved her and she loves—”

G-Dragon snorted. “Right. I'm sure.”

“What is your problem?” the blonde demanded.

“I fell in love with her too,” admitted GD. “I loved her too. But can you really say she loves you?”

“Of course—”

“...when she crawled right into my bed and fucked me.”

The crack that sounded in the empty cavern ricocheted off the chipped walls. From his position the floor, G-Dragon glared up at a fuming Daesung before rolling onto his side and touching his busted lip. He slowly got to his feet, smirking as he did.

“Can't handle the truth?”

“I don't give a shit if you slept with her or she with you. The way you talk about her is unacceptable. Don't get pissed because she came back to me!”

“Fuck you,” said G-Dragon, spitting out a wad of blood. “Let me know if she gets any better at it.”

Daesung clenched his fists, keeping his rare temper under control and his leader turned and walked away. Then, he turned, steps loud and meaningful.

He should not feel that way. He should understand. G-Dragon was jealous, angry at Hyun Ae. Even though he had never known G-Dragon's feelings towards Hyun Ae, Daesung believed that GD would do such a thing, take advantage of her fragile state. Now it was revealed and it infuriated him. He knew that G-Dragon could be arrogant and enjoyed his women along with his position as leader. It was not a surprise what he did. But Hyun Ae...she was a fragile creature who needed a lot of balance and support when things became rough. G-Dragon was aware of that and he had taken advantage of it. He was angry that after all his foul play, Hyun Ae had not chosen him.

When Daesung returned to his bed, Hyun Ae was still curled under the blanket asleep. He crawled in beside her and laid there, another bought of thoughts running through his mind. What happened when the surprise of his return wore off? If Hyun Ae really felt something for GD, would she get bored with him and go back?

No, Hyun Ae was not that type of woman. The look on her face when he stood in front of her again proved that her feelings were true. However, there were still doubts.

She stirred beside him, ebony eyes fluttering open. The small smile that crept across her lips made Daesung's train of thought vanish.

He laid a hand across her hip, thumb running circles at the sliver of exposed skin. “Good morning.”

“Good morning,” she mumbled, running a hand through her short hair. His own hand followed suit, reveling in the soft tendrils between his fingers. She covered her yawn and sighed. “Seungri's probably waiting for me.”

“He can wait.”

“He's impatient,” Hyun Ae chuckled. “But...” she turned on her side, running fingertips down his cheek, “he can wait. I got you back and I don't want to lose you again.”

“You won't,” Daesung promised though, with the turn of events and the brewing of a full out attack on the Dakeu Jeon-won in the works, he was not sure he could keep that promise. It did not matter to him what she did or who she chose in the end. He only wanted to see her happy. He only wanted to be able to see her alive at the end of this war.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my gosh, guys! I just looked at the number of subscribers and there's 27 of you? :D So much more than I ever imagined when I started this! Thank you!

I also wanted to share with you(before things get to crazy) the song that I totally relate to Daesung/Hyun Ae. xD

I know, I know, but its true! I consider this their song. I think its the whole "doctor" theme. Hehe

Special thanks to:
Oceanid.
Blue to help me fall
kapachii
park chanyeol
Kickass Alice
renai.