Status: Completed.

Wretches & Kings

Awaken & Fight

The doors creaked open, echoing in the large chamber. Doh-Chang sat upon his throne, eyebrows raising at the figure who stepped into his domain. He straightened from his leaning position, opening his arms wide.

“T.O.P!” he greeted, rising to his feet. “When they told me you were coming, I hardly believed it.”

T.O.P bowed his head, dark eyes just as cold as Doh-Chang remembered them. “Milord.”

“Finally, got tired of living as a sewer rat?” Doh-Chang laughed. “I have to say I missed having you at my side. You said you wished to come back and fight for me again? I appreciate the offer, but...you've been living under G-Dragon for quite a while.”

“You want me to display my loyalty.” It was not a question that left T.O.P's lips.

Doh-Chang nodded solemnly. “That is going to be difficult, I'm afraid.” His lips pouted. “You left, T.O.P. You left your brothers to work for a rat.”

“I know,” T.O.P bowed deeper. “I made a terrible mistake. I want to help deliver the final blow upon those...wretches. That's why I've brought you a peace offering.”

Footsteps approached and a shriek echoed off the walls. “Let me go!” Two Dakeu Jeon-
won entered the chamber with a struggling Hyun Ae between them. “T.O.P!” she cried. “Why would you do this? We trusted you!” A set of tears shimmered down her cheeks. “Why?”

T.O.P ignored her. Instead, his eyes flickered to the figure standing at one corner. Taeyang. He averted his eyes. “My loyalty was always to you, Lord Doh-Chang,” T.O.P droned. “Forgive me for my supposed treachery and accept this woman as a gift.”

“No!” Hyun Ae's scream pierced ears. Taeyang winced.

Doh-Chang smiled. “I will accept your apology, T.O.P. Welcome back.”

T.O.P dropped to one knee, “thank you, Milord.”

Doh-Chang smiled fondly before looking back to Hyun Ae. A flicker of lust crossed his eyes. “Take her to the women. Have her prepared for me. Again.”

“T.O.P!” she screamed, feet kicking out as she fought and screamed. “T.O.P! Please!” The doors closed in front of her, leaving her struggling alone in a long hallway.

She was walked along the dim hallway, listening for any other presences that might meet them. When she was sure the two guards and her were alone and they turned the corner, a smooth blade unsheathed itself from under her sleeve. It plunged into the side of the guard on her left. He released and she quickly snapped the neck of the other before he could defend himself. She finished the wounded one with a slice across the throat.

“I'm in,” she spoke softly to the chip embedded in her ear.

Some static, then a “good”.

Hyun Ae blinked, trying to adjust to the lenses that had been placed over irises to help her see. They didn't improve her sight back to one-hundred percent, but at least she could make out people again.

Quickly dragging the two guards into the nearest room, she changed into the uniform of the one unmarked with blood. Pulling the bill of the military hat over her eyes, she moved out of the room and down the hallways. T.O.P had given them a thorough layout. Hyun Ae knew where to go.

The kitchens were steaming and unbelievably hot. Only in the area for a few seconds made Hyun Ae feel perspiration sleek down her back. Nerves were on high. She scanned the many faces. Old, young, all helpless and sparking with fear at the sight of her in the green uniform.

Her eyes snapped to a small girl working over a cutting board and made a line straight for her. Without warning, she grabbed the raven haired girl by the wrist and pulled her out of the kitchen.

“Wait!” the girl cried, tripping along behind. “I didn't do anything! I swear! I'm sorry!” People pulled themselves against the walls as Hyun Ae passed, looking forlornly at the girl in her grasp.

To Hyun Ae's horror, two Dakeu came down the opposite hallway. Hyun Ae inhaled deeply, set her jaw and kept going. Her sister's cries were ignored for the moment. The two Dakeu advanced, giving questionable glances to the two.

“She was seen stealing food,” Hyun Ae grunted out.

“I did not!”

Hyun Ae ignored her and quickly carried on and rounded the corner. She found a door to one of closets and shoved them both inside. “Please, don't...”

Hyun Ae turned and removed the hat. “Chung Ae, calm down. Its me.”

“Hyun Ae!” She was graced with a hug by delicate arms. “How did you get in? Why are you here? They'll find you!”

“Sh, sh, sh.” Hyun Ae offered a smile, brushing the hair out of her little sister's eyes. “Everything will be fine. Where's Hoon Si?”

“He's in the labor fields, I think, but I don't know...I haven't seen him since we got here. He could be...” Chung Ae's big eyes crowded with tears and Hyun Ae was quick to hug her again.

“We can't think that yet,” she told the younger girl. “For now we have to be positive. And I need you to be strong. Can you be strong for me, Chung Ae?”

“Of course,” she answered.

Hyun Ae smiled. “Okay, I need you to do something very important. You know your way around here very well?” A sure nod. “Alright, here's our plan...”



Hyun Ae attempted to keep her tremors under control as she walked amongst monsters. The whole place brought on horrible memories of screams and death and rotting. She swallowed, clenched her fists. This wasn't the time to panic; she had way too much to do in a little time.

The labor fields were unmistakable. Long, blank sheets of land that held nothing, but trenches and bony figures that were once humans. They were skeletons, bent over shovels and pick axes, digging at nothing. The graveyard that held so many of Hyun Ae's memories of the almost six years. The clinking of pick axes and scuffling of shovels was heard even from the walkway which she stood.

How would she ever find her brother?

She made her way down the steps, the clouded sky hot with its murky green mist hovering above them all. What she had to do could be seen as inhumane, but she had no other choice. It had to be done the way they planned. She neared those on the farthest edge of the field, looking like she belonged when she was trembling so bad she could hardly stand.

The horn sounded and Hyun Ae made her way to the entrance to one of the buildings, shrouded by the murky clouds with a small tunnel that led into the large structure that served as the slaves' quarters. Awaiting was a cart, supposedly loaded with syringes of Living Death. But the familiar face standing next to it proved that the changes had been made.

“Everything's going smooth so far,” Seungri murmured, keeping his lips tight together.

“Let's hope it stays that way,” Hyun Ae whispered back.

The line of slaves began to grow and the two imposters got to work on injecting them with Kkaeuda, the drug opposite of Living Death, which was what they were supposed to be injected with. The drug that would bring them back to life. It would be a delayed reaction, enough for them to all get inside. Then, Seungri and Hyun Ae would go from there.

Dying after starving after decaying after suffering. Hyun Ae was doing everything in her power not to let tears fall as she avoided glassy eyed stares. She looked up once. And saw him. It took every ounce of her will power not to react to the sight of her younger brother, Hoon Si. He was just like the rest, but he was her brother. It was she who injected him in the neck, fingertips lingering on the jutting collarbones. There was no response from him.

The line went on until the last mindless corpse passed them. The two were quick to follow, trying to seem at ease when they passed the guards who stood at attention, armed. Hyun Ae was trembling more.

“Seungri, I can't do this,” she whispered.

His hand squeezed her's before dropping back to his side. “Remember what I taught you, what you've learned. You're stronger than you think you are, Hyun Ae. Think about what they did to you, how it made you angry...”

They were in the main room, large and voluminous where the slaves slept on the floor on little mats that kept little of the stone chill out. Hyun Ae and Seungri's eyes watched. They waited until the signs appeared. Both stood at different walls, tense with the need to strike.

Hyun Ae counted the guards. Four...six...eight...

Twelve guards and over one hundred slaves.
The odds were not in the Dakeu's favor. If everything went according to plan.
Hyun Ae tried to breathe, tried to think, tried to do something to keep her mind clear as the minutes ticked by. Then, it began.

A soft murmur from the slaves, quick movements. Distress began to rise in the air. The Dakeu felt it, their hands clutched their artillery harder. The murmurs rose to full out clamors of panic.

The prisoners were finally awake.

The blade slipped from Hyun Ae's sleeve and she lashed out, catching one guard in the throat. He fell and she swung around, nailing the other one in the arm guard. He shot a fist at her ribcage, but she dodged. Another blade, long and curved unfolded from her other sleeve. She gripped the hilt tightly, slicing through his breast plate and hitting bone. Blood sprayed across her face.

Remember what they did to you.

An unbridled growl ripped from Hyun Ae's clenched teeth as she charged forward, stabbing through one gut, slicing through the side of another. She took another one out before leaping atop one of the steps that led to the second landing.

“Fight,” she screamed. “Stand up and fight them! You are more than they are! FIGHT!” She kicked one in the face plate as he advanced and leaped over the banister into the fray of panicking slaves. She unholstered one gun and threw it into the crowd. “Fight!” she shouted again. “You're awake! Now fight!”

Shots rang out and Hyun Ae dodged. There was little to no cover from bullets or trampling feet. She sliced through any Dakeu that came her way. Anger was boiling in her veins. She embraced the flashbacks and memories of their cruelty. Of what they did to her and so many others. She didn't push them away; she was fueled by them.

Others' blood was coated on her skin and uniform, on the blades she used. Her teeth were gritted, throbbing from the strong hold her jaw held. Dark eyes burned with such intensity and craze, it was frightening. Screams and thundering footsteps rang in her ears as the slaves ran for escape. She killed on impulse, without thought. Anything in green was to be brought down by her blade.

The crack of a shot. The full-out force that sent Hyun Ae careening forward as the bullet sliced through her side. She caught herself, stumbling downward. Blood pooled on her uniform. A Dakeu came at her and she barely had time to react when a lithe body fell between them. Another shot and the Dakeu fell.

Hyun Ae was in shock, the pain in her side off and on until it hit with a blast that sent tears to her eyes. She saw her savior as he turned, eyes no longer glassy. They burned—like hers.

“Hoon Si,” she croaked, a sense of compassion washing over her.

He grabbed her without word—he was always that way: act first, talk later—and hauled her to her feet. Just as she regained footing, an explosion rocked the entire building, sending plaster onto their heads. Bodies began to clear out faster, Hoon Si supporting Hyun Ae.

“Wait!” She looked around wildly. “Where's Seungri?”

“Hyun Ae, we need to go.”

“Not without Seungri!” She was crazed again, afraid she had lost one of her true comrades. She searched the heads, the scared faces. He was no where to be found. She screamed his name as her brother pulled her away, but there was no response.

Outside had turned into chaos. Chung Ae had done her job. Reinforcements were in.

The final battle for Asia's freedom had begun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Crap's about to go down, guys.
I hope this chapter wasn't too awkward or confusing. I tried to keep it fast paced and easy to follow. Let me know if I failed.

Special thanks to:
Kickass Alice
Selestyna Arpa364
Oceanid.
Blue to help me fall