Status: Completed.

Wretches & Kings

Reunion & Reunite

A jolt in the subconscious left Hyun Ae snapping awake, darting forward from her sleep in a sudden wave of panic. Her lungs couldn't grasp air fast enough; the room spun. A hand rested on her shoulder and she whipped her head to see its owner.

Daesung offered a small, reassuring smile as he lightly forced her back down. “Its alright,” he crooned. “You don't want to wake your sister.”

Hyun Ae turned her gaze upon the little form of Chung Ae curled on the edge of the mattress, fast asleep. A small smile came to Hyun Ae's lips before she turned her attention back to Daesung. “G-Dragon...”

“He'll pull through,” said the blonde, checking the bag of fluids that hung over Hyun Ae's head. “Gangrene set in, nearly poisoned him. But he's tough. He'll make it.”

“And Taeyang.”

“Unfortunately, he'll live as well.”

“Daesung,” Hyun Ae growled.

He looked at her, eyes shadowed by his bangs. “I'm sorry,” he said, taking a seat beside her and grabbing her chin gently to check the cut across her face. “Its hard for me to forgive him.”

“I know,” Hyun Ae said. “But...its all over...” The words could hardly seem true as they left her lips. “Its a new time to rebuild. We have to move on.”

Daesung said nothing. Instead, he pressed his lips to her forehead. “You're right,” he replied. “I'm just glad that we can be together now. The war's over and, hopefully, so is most of the pain.”



Military vehicles pulled in through the fog, making the village's occupants scramble for cover. Fear coursed briefly. People, not clothed in the hideous green, descended from the jeeps and trucks. Words of peace were spoken. Doh-Chang's reign was over. Freedom was there.

The villagers began to crawl from their hideouts, still cautious as the outsiders began to unload supplies, willing to pass them about. A few braves stepped forward to accept the crates of food and goods, imported from Australia and New Zealand.

Three siblings stepped down from one of the jeeps. Hyun Ae's eyes scanned over the growing crowd, the village that stood behind them. A lump formed in her chest at the familiar scenery, buried back in dusty memories. Most of the small shacks could barely stand, made of random pieces of wood and metal and held together by whatever could be found. She remembered how sticky and hot they were in the summer and the freezing chill that seeped through the cracks in the winter.

“Hyun Ae!” Chung Ae sang happily. She grabbed her sister's hand and pointed happily. “Its Hyeonhyun!” A young man, only a year younger than Hyun Ae stood back, looking about warily. “Hyeonhyun!” His eyes widened at the scream of his name. Chung Ae broke from her sister's grasp to sprint towards him. Caught in his arms, she clung to his neck tightly. Hoon Si was quick to join the embrace, Hyun Ae bringing up the rear.

The young man looked from clinging to his younger siblings to his older who stood before him. “Hyun Ae?” She had no idea where they had came from, but tears poured from her eyes as she grasped her younger brother in a hug; he returned it wholeheartedly. “I never thought I'd see you again.” His voice quaked, making Hyun Ae clutch him tighter.

“Myeong Ji!” Another joyous shriek from Chung Ae as the final installment of the siblings arrived. Hyun Ae's younger sister who only sat a year older than Hoon Si. She was a true beauty, even in malnourishment. Tears had already wet her eyes as she fell under Hyun Ae's outstretched arm without a word.

“I've missed you all so much,” Hyun Ae sobbed, her words barely audible through the thickened tears. Her chest felt as though it was shredding.

“We missed you too,” Hyeonhyun said, wiping at his eyes as he pulled away. Trying to play the strong man again. “I just can't believe...”

“I know,” Hyun Ae said, laying a cheek on a shaking Myeong Ji's head.

“Hyun Ae...” She turned, still hanging tight to Myeong Ji as she caught sight of the withering woman that once was her mother. Slowly, she limped forward, eyes widened, as she repeated her lost daughter's name. “Hyun Ae...its you...”

For a moment, all anger towards the old woman vanished and Hyun Ae met her mother half-way, nearly catching all her broken weight. A hug was short as the mother cupped her daughter's face. Looking straight into Hyun Ae's eyes, the words left her chapped lips. “I am so sorry. Please...forgive me.”



The air was thick with thrumming engines as jets ducked down to land with anything that would be used to restore Asia.

Australia and New Zealand had come rushing in to help with supplies and assistance as soon as the war had been won. Europe had stepped up next, followed by South America. North America had yet to let go of their rage, using excuses on how it was unjust of Australia to fight a fight that was not there's. They spoke of how Asia would fall now that Doh-Chang had been “assassinated by crazed and unlawful guerillas”, not caring that Asia had already fallen as far as it could years before.

Despite North America's lack of communication and assistance, Asia was going to be rebuilt and—hopefully—made into a fertile and living land again. It would take years—possibly over a decade—but it was going to happen. One day Asia would be replenished just like the other continents. It was on its way from being a barren wasteland of pain and suffering.

Two sets of eyes looked out upon the broken earth, their bodies vibrating as the jets flew right over the heads from their perch upon a lone standing wall that was crumbled on either end. Hyun Ae sat between Daesung's bowed legs, her breathing long and slow in a sense of serenity and peace, despite the roaring around them.

There was a bout of silence and Hyun Ae took the moment to speak. “How's GD and his new leg?”

“He's handling it well,” Daesung answered, wrapping his arms around her waist. “He was up and walking around on it this morning. Taeyang's recovering well too. How are things with your family?”

“Hyeonhyun is demanding a meeting with you.”

Daesung smiled. “Should I be afraid?”

“Mm, perhaps,” she said, leaning back against him. “He was impressed with you saving lives and everything.”

“You've saved them too,” Daesung pointed out and rested his chin on her shoulder.

“Yeah, well...” Hyun Ae looked down at her hands resting in her lap. “What do you think this future's going to hold for us? For everyone?”

Daesung brushed his lips across her neck and simply said, “good things.”
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter, guys! ONE MORE CHAPTER!!! Happy, happy, happy! :D

Special thanks to:
Selestyna Arpa364
Blue to help me fall
Kickass Alice