Status: I haven't really been getting much feedback on this, so as of 2/2/13 this story is on Hiatus

A Light From the Shadows Shall Spring

Chapter 6

By early evening we had reached something Aragorn called Amon Sûl and he said this was where we would rest. We climbed up the side of the large structure and tucked ourselves away against the wall.

Once we were settled, Aragorn dropped a large piece of cloth on the ground in front of us and unwrapped it. Tucked away inside were five swords, one for each of us. He passed them out saying, "These are for you. Keep them close. I'm going to have a look around." I unsheathed my sword and studied it. It felt awkward in my hands, and I desperately hoped I wouldn't have to use it. Turning to leave, Aragorn looked at the Hobbits and said, "Stay here." He gave me a passing glance and then descended off the structure and out of sight.

I replaced the sword back in its sheath and began to make my bed for the night, and I saw Frodo do the same. The other three Hobbits did not look like they were ready for sleep yet, but I most certainly was. I was thankful that my knee hadn't been giving me too much trouble lately, and I quickly stole a peek at it. It was still slightly discolored, but there was barely any swelling anymore, which I thought was a miracle seeing as I hadn't put ice on it or anything. I rolled my pant leg down and took off my jacket so I could use it as a blanket, and I had a rolled up sack from Bill the pony's saddle to use as a pillow. I had changed back into my black v-neck earlier in the day because my other shirt was dirty, but now I wished I hadn't because the other shirt was much warmer at night. I lay down slightly away from the group because they were still talking, and I just wanted some quiet. As soon as my head hit my makeshift pillow, I was asleep, and I was quickly pulled into a dream.

I was in a bright place, with beautiful stone walkways, and the air itself seemed to glow a golden color. Looking around, all the buildings displayed gorgeous architecture, and all the vegetation was so vibrant. I heard children playing and looked over to see a young boy and girl playing in a clearing. Both the boy and girl had dark hair and a pale complexion. The boy chased the girl as she let out a giggle. She said, "You can't catch me, Estel!" The boy caught up with her and tagged her shoulder saying, "Yes I can!"

Just then, I was pulled out of my dream when I heard the familiar, gut wrenching screech that only belonged to the black riders. I scrambled to my feet and saw the Hobbits all looking over the edge of the cliff we were perched on and I saw an eerie mist cover the ground just as five black riders quickly approached the bottom of the structure. My heart was pounding in my chest and I quickly ran back to my bed and grabbed my sword, even though I had absolutely no idea how to fight with one.

I heard Frodo yell to the the others and watched as they ascended up a staircase and I was instantly right behind them. We found ourselves on a circular platform and we all formed a circle around Frodo. I may not know exactly why Frodo had to keep the ring from these riders, but I knew it was imperative that he was kept safe. Our swords were all unsheathed and at the ready, and I wondered where Aragorn was. We all frantically looked around, wondering where the black riders were now, when suddenly, the tall, black, hooded figures began ascending around us. They had their swords at the ready and the sight of them so close was unimaginably daunting. Another chill ran up my spine as they began to stalk towards us, and I could feel their attention fixed on Frodo.

They were so much bigger than the five of us and as they approached, we took a few steps back. They pointed their swords directly at us and we all fumbled with our own weapons. Sam screamed, "Back, you devils!" and attempted to disarm one, but was quickly pushed to the side. Merry and Pippin jumped in front of Frodo to try to protect him, but were also quickly pushed down. I gently pulled Frodo behind me, my sword at the ready, my eyes fixed on the Ringwraith in front of me. My hands were shaking violently and I thought my heart would explode out of my chest. I held my sword at the ready and the black rider closest to me brought his sword crashing down towards me. I somehow miraculously managed to block his first strike, but he recovered quicker than I did and brought his sword down upon me a second time. I managed to jump back slightly, but the tip of his sword grazed the skin near my ribcage, and made a cut down to my hipbone. My skin immediately began to sear with a blinding pain and I was violently thrown to the side, my head hitting a stone pillar as I screamed out, "Frodo!"

The wraiths began to approach Frodo at an alarming rate, and the pain in my side rendered me useless. My vision was fading in and out of focus and I felt as if I'd been submerged under water. I couldn't see right, my breathing was labored, and I couldn't hear a thing. I fought the unconsciousness that was desperately trying to creep up on me for as long as I could, but soon found myself unable to stay awake and fell into blackness.

Somewhere in the distance, I heard screaming and recognized it to be Frodo's voice. I tried to pull myself back to consciousness, but every time I came close, the searing pain in my side would push me back under.

I soon felt myself being sloshed around, as if I were on a boat, but I couldn't figure out where I was. I tried to call out to someone, but my voice wouldn't work.

After some time, I couldn't tell how long, I felt the movement stop and I felt myself being picked up and then placed on a hard, damp surface. There was movement all around me, and I heard talking and screeching, but couldn't make sense of any of it. I whimpered in pain and felt a surge of coldness run through my body. FInally, I felt the compressed feeling in my ears break and I could hear again, although everything sounded muddled. I heard Aragorn say, "Sam, do you know the Athelas plant?"

"Athelas?" Sam questioned. "Kingsfoil," Aragorn clarified. "Kingsfoil, aye, it's a weed." Sam said. "It may help to slow the poisoning. Hurry! We need enough for two." Aragorn said, and then everything was silent again.

After some time there was a bright light over to my right that I could sense through my closed eyelids, but I paid no mind to it. I simply didn't have the strength. I heard a female voice talking, but I couldn't tell if I was dreaming or not. The bright light eventually faded, and I didn't hear the voice anymore. Then, I felt hands near my wound and I cried out in pain and tried to pull away from the touch, but found I had nowhere to go. My scream turned into a muffled screech and my heart skipped a beat. Why had I made that sound? I tried to push the hands away from the wound but my attempts did nothing. "Cecilia, stop." I heard someone say. They sounded so far away. My eyes finally snapped open and I saw Aragorn leaning over me, fighting with my hands. "Cecilia, stop. This will help!" There was a desperate tone held in his voice and I tried to stop fighting, but it was just so painful. He finally grabbed both of my hands with one of his and held them down, and with his other hand put some sort of leafy paste along the cut I had received. I instantly let out a blood curdling scream, and tried to wretch my body away from him, the pain was beyond unbearable.

I heard him call out to Sam, telling him to bring over some cloth strips as he tried to sit me up. I cried out yet again and could feel my body convulsing as a result of the pain. I heard Aragorn mumble something, but I couldn't make out what he said. He quickly kneeled behind me in order to keep me propped up and reached for the cloth Sam was handing him. His calloused hands skillfully wrapped the cloth around my middle, covering the wound, and he quickly tucked the end of the cloth in so it would stay, and pulled my shirt down.

My breathing was ragged and I was freezing cold and I felt him pick me up and begin walking, calling out to the Hobbits to hurry. I clung to the front of his jacket as he walked and tried to make myself stop shaking, but I couldn't do it. He began to whisper something to me in a language I had never heard before, and a strange feeling washed over me. I was still shaking, but I felt more calm, and I felt sleepy. My eyes closed and my death grip on his jacket lessened slightly, and I felt sleep pull me back in again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Does anyone even think this is interesting? Haha, let me know what you think! :)