The Deep End.

006;

“Whether you’re here because your parents forced you to come, or simply for your own enjoyment, you’re going to love it. I can promise you this.” David Carnes began. “I realize that you’re very far from home, but that doesn’t mean this can’t feel like home to you. Right? Now, how was lunch for everyone yesterday?” He asked, scanning the room.
I looked around at the room full of people as they just sat there starting at David like robots, not volunteering any information at all. I felt obligated to speak, but I really didn’t want to. Just as his mouth opened to call on someone on the right side of the room, a familiar tune began ringing loudly. I instantly realized that it was my phone.
I panic, not knowing what to do. What was the cell phone policy here? Was I going to get in trouble? I began digging through my bag, trying to look for it quickly. “Ah, Miss…Arabelle.” I heard David say as he looked at his roster. “It seems like your phone call is a bit more important than what I have to say, yes?”
I couldn’t tell if he was joking or not. “No, no! I’m so sorry! I didn’t realize it was on.” I said quickly, finally finding it.
“Well go on and answer it.” He said.
I looked at him for a moment. “Answer it?”
“Yes, I don’t want you to feel like we’re sitting in a classroom. Think of this as one of your favorite hang outs, where cell phones are occasionally allowed. Answer it.”
I looked down at the phone, noticing I didn’t recognize the number at all. But I pressed the ‘answer’ button quickly. “Hello?” I spat.
“Hey, Megan?” I heard on the other end of the line.
“Who is this?” I asked quickly.
“This is Louis.” Why was this kid calling me? Especially now of all times!
“Oh, I’m sorry. You must have the wrong number.” I ended the call quickly, dropping the phone into my bag. “I’m so sorry.” I announced, once again.
David smiled at me. “Again, I want this to be a relaxing atmosphere. I’d rather have your undivided attention, but if something comes up, then… something just comes up. Thank you for being our first example of that Miss Arabelle.”
I showed a sheepish smile back, hoping that I wasn’t turning red from embarrassment.
The rest of the half hour that he talked, I stayed sunk down in my seat. I felt bad for hanging up like that on that Louis guy, but I panicked.
As soon as the class was dismissed, I scurried out of the classroom.
“Might wanna turn your phone on vibrate.” I heard Brie Anne laugh. I turned to face her and laughed a little too.
“Yeah, that was so embarrassing. Our first class, and I make a fool out of myself.” I groaned.
“Was it your mom or something?” Lucy asked, as her and Kayla walked up beside of me.
“No, it was actually that boy, Louis.” I explained, searching for my phone.
“You told him it was the wrong number!” Kayla gawked.
“I know! I feel really bad, cause I know he’s so sweet.” I said, finally finding it at the bottom of my purse.
“He’s probably giving us tickets to that show, call him back!” Brie Anne exclaimed.
“Should I?” I asked, looking to Lucy for approval. She nodded her head a smiled. “I don’t know. I was kind of rude.” I contemplated. Before I knew it, Brie Anne was reaching for my phone. I shrieked as she jerked it from my hand, going to my recent calls. “Stop it!” I squealed, diving for my phone.
“Oh, look. You’re already calling him.” She blatantly said, placing the phone back in my hand. I looked down at my phone, frantic as it switched from ‘Calling’ to ‘Connected’. “Hello?” I heard.
I put the phone up to my ear, wanting to kill Brie Anne. I’ve barely known the girl for two days, and she does that? “Uh, Hi. Is this Louis?” I asked, not sure of what to say.
“Yes?” He asked, skeptical of the call.
“Hi,” I said again. “This is Megan. I’m sorry about your first call, and I explain-.”
“I’m so glad it’s actually you!” He cut me off. “I was bummed because I thought you had given me a fake number or something.”
“Oh, no. I was in class when you called, and was put on the spot. I panicked and acted like I didn’t know who you were so I could end the call quickly.” I explained.
“Well that’s alright! But you have class at noon? I’ll have to keep that in mind.” He muttered.
“Oh, okay.” I said, not sure of how to answer him.
“Sorry for interrupting your class. I didn’t get you in trouble did I?” He asked, seeming concerned.
“No, just the opposite.” I replied.
“Great!” He exclaimed. “Cause I was calling about the tickets for tonight. I pulled through and got four seats, that is if you and your friends are still interested.”
I looked at the three girls, and noticed they were intensely staring to figure out what we were talking about. “Yeah, sure we are.” I answered.
“Wonderful! I’m so happy you’re coming. You’re going to love it.”
“I’m sure it’ll be fun.” I said, wondering how long he was going to keep me on.
“If you want to show up around 7…” Louis started. “You know what, how about I just send a car for you? I’m sure Simon wont mind me doing that.. Just text me where you’re staying and I’ll make it happen.”
“Oh, okay.” I said, starting to think this whole thing was going to be a hassle.
“All you have to do is be ready at 7 and I’ll take care of the rest.” Louis said, almost as if he read my mind. It strangely made me feel better.
“Okay, Louis. I can do that.” I said to him.
“Great! So, I’ll let you go so you can get back to whatever you were doing. Have a good day! I’ll see you tonight.” He said before hanging up.
I dropped my phone back into my bag and looked up to have three girls staring at me. “What’s the verdict?” Brie Anne asked.
“We just have to be ready at 7 and someone’s going to pick us up.” I explained, not sure whether to sound excited or not. Because the truth was, I wasn’t sure if I was excited or not. I had a feeling a dread in the pit of my stomach, while I was also curious to see how the night played out. But it was good that I was getting out. It was good that I was doing something out of the ordinary for me. I couldn’t wait until I told my mother.

“What’s the name of his band?” I heard Kayla ask. I could barely hear her over the chatter of everyone in the venue. We were seated near the stage on the set of the X Factor. Just as Louis had promised, he had a car come pick my new friends and me up from my hotel room at 7. I had began to feel more anxious as the night went on, and now sitting in the seats Louis had arranged for us, I was nothing but excited.
“I don’t even know.” I said, trying to remember if he had ever told me. “I just know it’s a group of boys.”
“And they’re supposed to be really good?” Lucy asked.
“Well, he did say they were usually stormed by girls. So, I take it as they are.” I hoped they were. I had to admit, I was going to be disappointed if Louis wasn’t the best act on the stage. The few times I had encountered him, he seemed like he was a part of something great, and nothing but that. It would be surprising if he weren’t.
Before I could say anything else, all of the lights were dimmed and the door opened for the judges to enter. It was surreal watching Simon Cowell strut out and sit down nearly 20 feet in front of me. I had been watching him on television for years.
It was entertaining to sit there and watch the different acts. It wouldn’t have been nearly as cool if I were stuck at my hotel watching it on TV. But as neat as it was to watch the other acts, I just wanted to see Louis.
“Alright, just like we promised before the break, up next is One Direction!” I listened as the hosts voice boomed all over the stadium. I looked down at my phone to check the time, wondering how much longer I would have to wait.
“Look! That’s him, that’s his band!” Brie Anne said, pointing to one of the large screens positioned on stage. There was a video clip showing five boys trying to go shopping in London, but could barely move because of the tons of screaming girls crowding them. One of those boys was Louis.
The video clip finally ended, and out walked Louis and his four friends. I thought I was going to go deaf from the screaming girls in the audience. I could already tell what Louis had said was true. The girls loved them.
Louis stood at the end of the group, scanning the crowd. I almost wanted to wave at him, and try to get his attention. But there were so many people flailing their arms everywhere, and I was a bit nervous at what his reaction would be if I did. So I let him search the crowed.
I automatically knew when he found me. His eyes grew a bit wider, and he showed me a toothy grin. I could tell he wanted to wave, but he constrained himself and took a hold of his microphone stand.
Once the boys started singing, I was instantly impressed. All five of them were cute, and it was obvious they had a lot of talent. I recognized the song ‘Nobody Knows’ by Pink, and thought they did a great rendition of it.
Louis didn’t sing by himself during the song, but I could tell he contributed to the harmonizing, and I thought that was very cool. It did still leave me to wonder exactly what he sounded like though.
Unfortunately, the song came to an end, but the screaming did not. I swear, in that short three-minute song, it seemed as if we were at a concert for them. Not an X Factor performance, but a One Direction concert.
I watched intently as the judges gave them their comments, mostly all positive. Simon seemed to be very pleased with them. Which was odd to see, because on other shows, he was always hard on everybody. But he loved them.
It was only five minutes after they left the stage that my phone buzzed in my hand. I got a text from Louis that said: Ive got a car to take your friends back, come meet me back stage after the show? ;) xx
My hands started shaking as I read it. He wanted me to meet him backstage? I could feel my nerves going wild as I read the text over again. I looked down at the girls sitting next to me. Would they be mad if I stay behind to go meet him?
I held the phone up in front of them. Their faces lit up with smiles. “You have to.” Lucy said.
“If you don’t, I will.” Brie Anne commented. I looked at Kayla, and she nodded in agreement.
I took a deep breath and against my better judgment, I texted him back: Sure :)
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I realize it's been a bit slow. But after this chapter it's going to get a lot better! Hopefully anyways. :)
I hope you're enjoying what little I do have, and I wish all of you silent readers would tell me your opinions!
I'm going to try and update again within the next couple of days. Until then, please leave feedback! :D