The Deep End.

007;

With exact instructions of where to go and who to talk to from Louis, I made my way back stage of the X Factor. I was nervous, absolutely nervous. But I couldn’t turn around. I felt like there was no turning back after sending him that simple ‘Sure : )’.
I walked down a long corridor alone, as I was told to, but I felt uneasy about it. I caught my reflection in a mirror that was hanging on the back of a door, and stopped immediately.
“How do I look?” Was the last thing I asked my friends ten minutes prior.
“Great!” Kayla and Lucy agreed.
“No,” Brie Anne started. “Come here.” She pulled me near her and looked at me. She took my skirt and pulled it up my body. “You’ve got good legs. Embrace them.” Then she ran her fingers through my hair, helping give it a bit more volume. “And great hair too.” She muttered. I instantly had flashbacks of when I was trying to fit in with my classmates by hiking my skirt up. I just hoped this was a good decision. “Now, do you have protection?” She asked quickly. “Never mind, he’ll have condoms. Don’t worry.”
“Wait-what?!” I exclaimed.
“Have fun!” She shrieked, pulling Kayla and Lucy away from me. Leaving me baffled by her question.
And now as I stood in front of the mirror looking at myself, I was still baffled. Should I have let Brie Anne alter my appearance? And did I give off the illusion that condoms were needed? I immediately began to freak out. I could feel my heart start to race, and my mouth go dry. I didn’t know what to expect out of tonight, and that scared me.
Suddenly, I heard a group of voices nearing and I turned from the mirror right as they were turning the corner. Of course it was none other than the boys of One Direction.
“Megan, hi!” Louis exclaimed, immediately ceasing his conversation with his friends. He walked over to me, holding out his arm. I wasn’t sure what the gesture meant, so I stood there and smiled and sweetly said. “Hey Louis.”
Without any warning, he slinked his arm around my waist and turned me towards his friends. “Boys, this is my American girl Megan. The one I’ve been telling you about.” He looked at me with a smile and then turned back to his friends, arching his eyebrows up and down. “Megan, these are my newest four best friends, and my band mates. This is Niall, Zayn, Liam,” He began, pointing out the first three of his friends. “And this one right here, is Harry.” He explained, ruffling his friend’s curls with his free hand.
“Hi,” I politely said. “You guys did great out there!”
“Oh thank you so much.” The cute boy named Liam stated with a friendly smile. He was the boy who had pretty much sung the lead, starting and ending the song.
“So, you’re the girl he’s been talking about it?” His friend Harry asked, completely changing the subject. Harry was extremely cute, and I could already tell he was a real charmer with his dark curly hair and dimples.
“I… Possibly.” I answered, looking at Louis for an answer.
“You are.” Louis smiled. “I’ll admit it. I’ve been talking about you.” I wasn’t sure how that made me feel.
“Oh, Louis.” Zayn, his dark skinned friend muttered. Not liking his friend was being so forward. I could tell by his image that he was all about being mysterious. I’m sure that especially applied for girls.
“If you’ll excuse us boys.” Louis said, tightening his grip around my waist.
“Bye, Megan!” The little blonde one piped up, as Louis began dragging me away.
“Bye.” I barely choked out as Louis turned us around a corner, and pulled us into an empty room.
“I’m so glad you came out.” He said instantly, reaching into a mini fridge to get me something to drink. The room we were in looked like some sort of dressing room, and was filled with different couches and piles of clothing. He handed me a water bottle without my asking, and pulled me down onto a couch next to him. “Did you enjoy the show?”
“I did. It was awesome, and you guys were great. You really were.” I said, trying to get comfortable with sitting so close to this boy.
“You really mean it?” He asked, and I nodded my head. “Oh, that’s great! You know, we wouldn’t be sitting here right now if it weren’t for you! You’re the one who made it possible for me to be here with these boys.” He exclaimed.
I started shaking my head, wondering if the only reason he was being so nice to me was because he felt like he owed me or something. “No, no. You’re the reason you’re here. I only helped you be on time to your audition thing.”
“Exactly! You helped me out loads!” He seemed so excited to be sitting there talking to me. It was kind of comforting.
“Tomlinson, these are for you.” A lady said, entering the room. She suddenly started tossing bags of carrots at him.
“Mary! What did I say about bringing me carrots! You know you’ve already won my heart!” He jumped up from the couch with me, and hugged up to the older, larger lady.
“I just can’t help myself!” She boomed, laughing at the boy hugging her. She patted his back and then looked at me with a smile. “And who’s this?”
“Oh, this is Megan! She’s from the States. Aren’t you? This is Mary!” He bounced, pulling me up from the couch.
“Hi,” I said softly. That was all I could get out before we heard, “Louis, Louis.” A whining noise from a girl who entered the room. “Do you think I did alright?”
“Of course you did, Cher!” Louis said, talking to the girl. I recognized her from the stage. Her hair was wild, and she seemed even wilder. “Cher, this is Megan!”
“Hello, babe.” She said, leaning in to kiss my check. “But do you think I did alright?” I recollected that most everyone called each other ‘babe’ here, but I wasn’t sure about the kiss on the cheek thing. I could have sworn that was France…
“I’m glad that’s over! I feel like I did terrible.” Another boy said, joining us in the room.
“Matt, come on. You know you did great.” Mary answered the young guy.
I notice Louis start to open his mouth to speak to the new edition to the group, looking at me from the corner of his eye to introduce me. But as he did, he saw how uncomfortable I was in a room full of people I didn’t know. He smiled at me and let go of my waist, only to take my hand in his.
“Come on.” He spoke, leading me out of the room without saying goodbye to his friends. “I’ll take you to the contestant’s rooms. We literally have the smallest room. Yet we have the most people. Tell me, how does that work out?” He laughed, leading me down a long corridor.
“That’s kind of dumb.” I said, feeling better once it was just he and I. No, I didn’t know Louis very well, but I could find comfort in him already. It was odd.
“It is! I guess that’s how you feel being crammed in a room with girls all summer long.” He said.
“Actually, I have a hotel room that I stay in. I’m pretty sure I’m the only one in the program who does. Thanks to my grandpa.”
“A hotel room all to yourself?” He asked, looking over his shoulder at me. I nodded my head. He arched his eyebrows. I was instantly struck with embarrassment. Should I have told him that? “Here we are!” He said, pushing past a door into the bedroom of One Direction. “It’s a bit messy. But it’s where we stay!” He was right. There were clothes strewn every which way, and garbage took over the remaining spaces. How could they live like this? “This one’s my bunk, that’s Liam’s. That’s Niall’s, Zayn’s and that’s Harry’s.”
“What about me?” I heard a raspy voice say from behind me. I turned around to see who was talking, and found it was his friend Harry. Naked. His friend Harry was naked. In front of me. NAKED.
I instantly shrieked, never having seen a naked boy before. I tried to look away quickly, but was beat by a hand that was slapped over my eyes. “Harry!” Louis exclaimed, shielding my eyes. “You know I’m with someone! Why are you naked!”
“I didn’t think you were bringing her in here!” Harry shouted.
“Oh my God. I’m sorry.” He said lowly. “Keep your eyes shut for a moment.” He commanded. He took his hand away from my shut eyes, and quickly grabbed a beanie, pulling it over my head and eyes. “Get some clothes on!”
“Sorry, Megan.” I heard Harry laugh. “I usually try to keep Louis’s girl’s from seeing me like this for at least a week. But hey, now we’re better acquainted.”
Better acquainted? Him and I were better acquainted than anybody I ever met if that was the case. He was totally naked. Naked. I couldn’t get the image out of my head, no matter how wrong it felt.
“What happened?” I heard someone else say before I could even respond to Harry.
“Harry was naked.” Louis sighed, sliding his arm around me.
“That explains the hat over her head.” Another boy said. I couldn’t tell which friend was which yet.
“Maybe Megan should take off her clothes so that we’re even.” Harry suggested.
I could feel Louis dying to laugh, but he never did. “Come on, Megan. Let’s get out of here.” He grabbed my hand once again and I followed him back through the door. He pulled the hat off of my eyes, and let it rest on my head. “Where do you want to go?” He asked.
“I don’t know.” I said, walking next to him.
“Do you want something to eat? Or an ice cream or something?”
“No, that’s okay.” I answered.
“Too cliché?” He asked. I smiled at him, not wanting to tell him ‘yes’. “Well, we can’t stay here. Too many naked people running around.” I laughed at his joke, and looked down at my watch. It was nearly 11. I had to be wake up for class the next morning. “Which I’m really sorry about, by the way. Harry’s got a bad habit of walking around naked.”
“I literally saw him naked.” I spoke, still in awe. “What do I do when I talk to him again? Say sorry for being in his room without him knowing? Compliment him? I don’t even know.”
Louis started laughing, but then quickly turned serious. “Does that mean you’ll come to another show?” He asked. I realized that my question left an open interpretation. I was just being witty, however Louis took it as a serious thing. As if I was going to be talking to Harry again soon. “Because you can, if you’d like. There’s one every week.” He smiled, trying to sell the show. “That is if we get through tonight. How do you think we did?” He asked again, holding open a door that led outside for me.
“You guys were great.” I re-assured him, stepping outside.
“You mean it?” He asked, walking over to a set of stairs on the side of the building.
“Absolutely. You guys sounded great together.” I praised him. “How long have you been a band?” I asked.
He started laughing nervously. “Since July 23rd. Simon put us in a band together. I had no idea who those lads were until I met them after trying out.”
I looked at him in awe. “You’re joking?”
“No! I’m serious! They thought we would be better as a group. Apparently he was right.” He laughed sheepishly.
“That’s crazy, Louis. You guys are great together. It’s like you were meant to be in a band.” I gushed. “You guys will definitely make it to next week.”
“You think?” He asked.
“Yes! One Direction’s going to go far. It’s inevitable.”
Louis eyed me for a moment. Wanting to say something, but never opening his mouth. At least not until he asked, “Are you liking London so far?”
“I’ve only been here for a couple of days, but yeah. It’s different from what I’m used to. A lot different.” I responded. Speaking for the fact that I was sitting with a boy who showed interest in me. I smiled to myself and looked down at my watch again. It was now 11. How much longer was I going to be with him?
“Is this awkward for you? Because I can take you home. You don’t have to stay with me.” It was odd how he seemed to always read my mind.
“No, it’s not that. I just, I have class tomorrow at noon. So I’ll have to be up earlier than I want to be. I was just checking the time.”
“Oh that is right! Well, come on. I’ll get you back to your hotel. I wont keep you out any longer.” Before I could respond any differently, Louis pulled me up from the stairwell, and drug me over to a parked car. “I’m sure they won’t mind if I borrow this for a moment…” Louis said to himself, getting in an X Factor company car.
As uneasy as I felt about getting in that particular vehicle with Louis, I did anyways. “Have you driven here yet?” He asked me, as he started the car and began pulling out.
“No. I don’t have a car here.” I replied.
He looked over at me and smiled. “I’ll take you driving soon, so you can learn how to drive on this side of the road. Can’t have you driving and killing people. I’d feel a bit responsible if that happened.”
I laughed with him. “I don’t know. I think I’d be too scared to drive here. I don’t know if I could ever get the hang of it.”
“Scared?” He asked, surprised. “Nooo. Don’t be scared! It’s not that bad.” He implied, stopping at a stop sign. “In fact, come on. I’ll teach you right now.” He said, unfastening his seat belt.
“What? No!”
“Yeah, come on!”
“Louis, we’re nearly in the middle of the city. I’m not driving here!”
“Fine,” he started, taking a left turn. “We’ll leave the city.”
“What?” I asked, noticing he was picking up speed. “Where are we going?”
“Some place where I don’t have to worry about you killing anyone.”
I didn’t want to drive. I was not ready to and definitely wasn’t comfortable doing so. I could drive in America. I was used to that. It was the same wherever I went there. But in England, it was the complete opposite. Nothing like I was used to.
After driving in the opposite direction of the city for about 20 minutes, Louis finally stopped the car. “Here, this should do it.” He quickly jumped out of the car, and ran around to my side. “Get out.” He smiled, holding his hand out for me.
I sighed, but took his hand anyway. We switched sides and got into the car. “I don’t know about this.” I mumbled, buckling up.
“Ah, come on. You think I’d let you do something I didn’t feel good about?” He asked.
I cut my eyes towards him. “I don’t know.”
“I wouldn’t.” He laughed. “Now drive! We’ve gotta get you back to your hotel soon.” He said, winking at me.
I was caught off guard by his wink, causing me to be somewhat flustered. There was no denying Louis was extremely good looking, or the fact that his simple wink made me want to do anything he commanded. I started driving.
“You’re swerving.” Louis instantly said.
“I know.” I said, trying to gain control of the car. I tried keeping it straight, but I was used to being on the other side of the road.
“You’re still swerving.” He said again.
“I’m trying.” I said, looking at him.
“Eyes on the road.” He laughed, once I began to swerve even more so. “Try to stay between the lines. It’s just like driving back home.”
I was beginning to get even more nervous as he spoke. “I know.”
“If you’re not leaning to the right, you’re going towards the left.” He laughed. “Just relax.” I looked at him once again and was ready to tell him I was done with this ‘lesson’ for the night, when he quickly leaned over and grabbed the wheel. “Eyes on the road!” He exclaimed as a car zoomed past.
“Sorry, sorry!” I said. “I’m just, I’m not used to this. Nothing is like what I’m used to. Absolutely nothing.” I was speaking in more of a general sense, but Louis didn’t have to know that.
“Stop the car.” Louis breathed. “Stay there.” I did as he asked. After the car came to a stop, Louis got out of the passenger seat and came around to the driver’s side. “Scoot up.” He instructed. I was beginning to refute, when he repeated, “Scoot up.”
I moved up in my seat just as he slid in behind me. He situated himself so that his legs were around both sides of mine, and his stomach was pressed to my back. “I know it’s all different, but I’ll help you.” He said in my ear. But what was he talking about? My driving? Or me surviving in London?
He placed both of his hands on mine that were securely gripping the steering wheel. “You’re so tense, Megan. All we’re doing is driving. Loosen up.” He encouraged.
Of course I was tense. I had a gorgeous British boy pressed up against me.
I tried to loosen my grip and relax my shoulders. It was hard with Louis so close to me. But somehow, I was okay with the distance that wasn’t between us.

“I’ll take you driving again, soon.” Louis said, as we neared my hotel room. With Louis sitting behind me, we drove for a solid ten minutes in a straight line. I was beginning to feel too comfortable with him being so close to me that I had to stop it all. I told him it was getting late.
“You sure you’d be up for that?” I joked, feeling embarrassed that I was freaking out over such a simple task such as driving.
“Absolutely.” He smiled. We came to a stop once we reached my room. I fished through my purse for my hotel key as he rocked back and forth on his heels. “So, I was going to see if you’d want to have breakfast with me tomorrow morning.”
“Breakfast?” I asked, finally finding my key.
“Yeah. We could meet before your class starts.” He suggested. “There’s a great place close to here. I could pick you up.”
“Okay.” I smiled, instantly realizing that I didn’t even give myself time to think about my answer.
I opened my door and looked at Louis, not sure what should happen next. “Uh, do you want to come in or something?” I asked quickly, trying to recollect what I had seen on countless chick flick’s, since I had no dating experience myself.
“I’d love to, but once I stepped into your room, you’d have a hard time making me leave. So I’d better just stand here.” He said, leaning against the doorframe.
What was that supposed to mean? I could feel my cheeks beginning to burn with confusion. So I slightly laughed and pushed my hair behind my ear, switching my gaze to my feet.
“I know I freak you out.” He suddenly said. I looked up quickly, not sure what he meant by that either. “The way I act towards you.” He clarified. “You’re shy about it all, but that’s okay.”
“You just… you act like you’ve known me all your life.” I said, feeling like I could confide in him. “I’ve had to remind myself through out the night that you haven’t.”
He showed me a sweet smile. “Is that a bad thing?”
“No, I suppose not. I’m just not used to this. All of your attention, it kind of overwhelms me.” I admitted.
“You’ve never had a boyfriend, have you?” He asked. I was beginning to feel embarrassed again as I shook my head ‘no’. “I can tell.” He automatically said, leaving me to feel even more embarrassed than before. “You don’t seem to have much confidence in yourself, or with me. When you should. I don’t know if the boys were just blind from where you’re from, or if you just ignored all of their attention, because that doesn’t make sense. You’re gorgeous, and such a great girl.” I was left speechless. I had never had anybody but my family and friends tell me this.
“Thanks.” I choked out.
He laughed. “There I go, freaking you out again. Look, I’m sorry. But I can’t help it, I like you.”
“You barely know me.” I said, laughing at him.
“I want to know you.” He said, quickly. “That’s all I want. That’s why I asked you to come watch me tonight, and why I want you to meet me for breakfast. I want to know you.”
“Are you sure you want to get to know a girl who had to leave the country before she found a guy who was interested in her?” I laughed at my own pathetic self.
“You’re exactly what I want.” He replied. I didn’t know what to say to that. “I guess I should probably call it a night.” He said, glancing down at my watch. “But I’ll be here around 10 in the morning, if you’re still interested in breakfast?” I nodded my head. “Great!” I watched him take a deep breath and step closer to me. Before I could do or say anything Louis had his lips pressed against mine, kissing me. It was very light and very soft. Had I not watched him lean in, I would have had to second-guess my self on whether it really happened. “I’ll see you in the morning.” Louis whispered. He didn’t even wait on me to reply before he turned around and walked out the door, leaving me frozen in the doorway.
What the hell just happened to me?
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it's kind of long, and it's been a little bit since I've updated, but here! I hope you like it. Pleeeeease give me some feedback!
Thanks for reading! :)