The Deep End.

009;

“Stop looking at your phone every five seconds. If he hasn’t called after four days, he’s not going to.” Brie Anne said, flipping through a magazine.
I had learned that Brie Anne could be a real bitch when she wanted to be. Which was most of the time.
“Brie!” I heard Lucy scold her. “Don’t worry, Megan. Louis likes you. He’ll call you or text you.”
“Yeah, he did say he was going to be busy for a few days.” Kayla said, popping another piece of popcorn in her mouth.
“Exactly, a few days. Assuming that few is a universal term, it even means three here. Not four.” I stated, looking at my phone yet again.
“Boys don’t like desperate, clingy girls Megan.” Brie Anne stated, sounding annoyed with me.
“Sounds like you have personal experience.” I retorted. She only looked up from her magazine at me, not replying.
“He’ll call you.” Lucy re-assured me.
Just as Louis had asked, I watched the result show. Of course One Direction was sent to the next round. That night, I had even searched them on Google and watched their previous performances. There was no denying that they were good. And it was obvious the girls absolutely adored them.
I had also stumbled upon video diaries submitted by the X Factor crew. Louis was bouncing off the walls in all that I had watched. I finally understood the whole carrot gesture now too.
Watching those few videos made me like Louis even more. It proved just how funny and random he was- as side to him that I was beginning to really love.
I checked my phone yet again, still no word from Louis. This was driving me crazy.

"Hey, sorry I missed your call- well calls- I was taking a shower." I explained into my phone.
"Oh, really? Good! I thought you were ignoring me." Louis said quickly.
"No, no. I was just showering." I said, knowing exactly why he would think I was mad at him.
"I was worried you were. That's actually why I’m walking towards your room right now." He said slowly.
"Right now?" I asked quickly.
"Yeah. I’m sorry; I can leave if you want. I just-"
"No, it's fine." I answered. "No reason to turn back now." I muttered, combing my wet hair out quickly. How sweet of him to randomly showed up. This was exactly how I wanted him to see me: dripping hair, and in my Hello Kitty Pajamas.
I heard a knock on the door, and sighed. "I wonder who that could be." I said, hanging up the phone and opening the door.
"Wow, you really were just showering, huh?" He said, smiling at me.
"What gave it away?" I laughed.
"I like your PJ's." He said, stepping into my room. "You should have told me, I would have worm my Power Ranger ones. We could have had a sleep over."
"Well, had I known you were coming I would have been in one if my Victoria Secret nightgowns. Not these faded pants and ridiculously too small tank top."
"I can leave and come back." He laughed. I just cocked my eyebrow at him. "No, I like the tank top." He took his finger to the spaghetti strap and my bra strap included and flicked it. "It's very revealing."
I suddenly felt like I was naked in front of Louis Tomlinson.
"Anyways Louis," I laughed. "Why would you think I was mad at you?" I asked, just to see what he would say.
"Well, I know it's been a few days and you weren't answering.."
"It's been five." I said quickly.
"Oh, five days already? Wow, I didn't even realize." He said, rocking back on his heels. "But I take it you did?"
I shrugged at him, and sat down on the soft couch. He followed my actions and said, "You are mad aren't you?"
"I'm not mad." I said. And I wasn't. I wasn't sure what I was, actually.
"Good, because I wanted to see if you wanted to go out tomorrow night after the show."
"I think I already have plans with my friends." I lied.
"Oh, well the next night then? After the results?"
"I don't know what I’m doing yet." I said blandly, looking down at my nails.
"Oh. Okay. Well, why don't you bring your friends to the show tomorrow night? You could all come back stage after the show, I’m sure they'd love it." He suggested.
"I’m sure they would. But I think they wanted to go out and meet guys." I lied yet again.
"Perfect! I'm in a boy band ya know? Three out of the other four are single. We could hook them up! I’m thinking Brie Anne with Haz. Lucy with Niall and Kayla for Zayn. What do you think?"
"No, I don't think so."
"Why not? We could all have a lot of fun!"
"Because I don't want to hook my friends up with guys who won't time to see them." I simply stated, not realizing exactly what I had said until it came out of my mouth.
"Ah, there it is." He said. "You are mad."
"No." I replied. "I’m not mad."
"Then what are you?" He asked, catching on to my word game.
I shrugged again, not really feeling comfortable with opening up to him.
"Come on, tell me. I want to know." He said, reaching over and placing his hand on my knee.
"I guess I'm just kind of disappointed." I finally said.
"With?" He asked.
"The fact that it’s taken you five days to talk to me again."
"I told you I was going to be busy."
"I know." I said. "You said a just few days though, and I guess I got my hopes up."
"I’m sorry, I really am. I just get so busy and side tracked a lot."
"Yeah, its fine."
"I won't let it happen again." He said, sliding closer to me.
"You know, I think we should actually just stop this. Whatever it is."
"What?" He spat.
The more I thought about it, the better the idea sounded. "Yeah, you're busy focusing on the X Factor and I’m busy with my classes. So, it's probably best."
"No." He said, shaking his head. "It's not."
"It is. You're great, really Louis, but I didn't come here to find a guy. I came here to study." I simply said.
"But you found one, Megan. Doesn't that mean anything to you?" He asked.
"It did before I realized it wouldn't go anywhere."
"It's going somewhere. You and I, we're going somewhere." He said, taking my hand in his.
"Listen, I’m not one to take chances, but I did. I decided I was going to let you in, and I wanted to, but then reality struck and I realized it wouldn't work out."
"I’m sorry! Okay? I am. Don't end this because my stupid mistake. I won't make it again."
"No, really. I don't want you to have to worry about talking to me or finding a way to see me. You have too much on your plate right now. It's for the best. Besides, it's better if we end it now while it's early, before either of us jump too far off the deep end."
"And if one of us already has?" Louis asked.
"Then I guess that's too bad." I said slowly.
“Yeah. I guess it is.” Louis said cautiously. He leaned back away from me, and turned his gaze to the ceiling. “I really like you, Megan. But if you don’t want to do this anymore, then I guess I can’t make you.”
“I think it’ll be for the better.” I said, sheepishly.
“No, I think you’re just scared.” He remarked, looking at me. “But whatever.” He stood up from the couch and turned around to face me. I began second guessing everything I had just been saying to him. But I knew it was for the better. No matter what he believed. “There’s a show tomorrow night. If you’re really done like you say you are, then don’t bother showing up. But if between now and then you realize that you’re tired of being this scared little girl, come find me. Cause I’d really love to teach you how to live. You know, really live.” I opened my mouth to speak, but I found I didn’t know what to say. “I really want you to come. But I’m not going to hold my breath.” He reached in his back pocket and handed me a ticket for the show and a backstage pass, before turning around and leaving.
I suddenly felt so angry, just as the hotel door shut. I jumped up and stormed right out into the hallway. “I’m not scared!” I exclaimed. Louis instantly stopped walking. He turned around to look at me, not convinced. “I’m just a little cautious. Is that so wrong?”
“No!” He said, walking towards me. “Just don’t let it keep you from being with me.”
“I’m not!” I said.
“You’re not?” He asked, rhetorically. “Then prove it.” His stare was chilling; I knew he wasn’t backing down. He thought I was scared and was going to continuing believing so until I did something about it. But I didn’t have to prove anything to him. No matter what he said.
I took a deep breath and turned around, leaving him standing in the hallway. I slammed my hotel door shut and retreated back to my room, falling face first on my huge bed.
I didn’t like the jerky side of Louis. It intimidated me and just down right pissed me off.
I didn’t have to put up with him ignoring me for several days at a time, and I sure as hell didn’t have to put up with him telling me was I was scared. I didn’t come to London for him, so I wasn’t going to play his games. I didn’t want to.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it's been forever since I've updated. But I hope those of you who read will like this and even leave me some feed back.
Sorry about the hiatus!