Status: this is a completely different twist from Vienna Beach, but i promise you will love Deuce as much as you love Bay.

Above and Below: Battle Plans

Prologue

16 years ago…

“This is not wise,” Chamuel hissed, trying to warn his other Archangel’s, “God will never forgive us. Please, let us cease, it is but a fools run.”

“It is too late anyhow,” Michael reminded all the wary faces, “we either do this now or simply give in and risk losing it all together.”

Gabriel nodded, sticking by Michael’s side. “A failed attempt is better than no attempt at all. What will we do without this? We need to do this, for God and all the mortal’s sakes.”

“Very well,” Chamuel sighed, “but if—”

“Not now,” Michael barked, “the air is thin we must do this now. Is everyone in their designated positions?”

The angels nodded, following Michaels instructions. Each of them was to go to the altar and bestow a morsel of their Talent. By the time Raziel had given his blessings there was a small glowing orb floating just above the scriptures. The transformation was complete.

Michael flashed a smile. “This will be the soul, guarded and gifted by each and every one of us. This mortal will be a part of us as we shall be them.”

“But, Michael, how will the mortal be awakened to Earth?” Azrael asked. “Surely neither I nor no one else can take her there.”

“I have thought about it. In order for this to work perfectly, Azrael, you must take the soul back down to the mortal realm and place it within a fertile woman’s womb, do you understand?” Michael clarified, eyeing his friend. “Do I have your faith?”

Azrael agreed, waltzing his way towards the altar. “I will have it done right away.”

“Good, the sooner, the better.”

The other angels watched as Azrael chanted, pulling the soul into his black messenger bag. Azrael took a deep breath and worked the steps to Earth into motion. He could feel the sweet air sweep beneath his feet, shooting forward at a lightning speed. In no time he was planted down on those black rock roads the Earth people traveled on. A highway.

He was in Charleston, which was, if his corrections were correct. It was known as “the Holy City” after all.

Azrael wandered, step after step, down the long winding highway. It was hot.

“Excuse me, sir, do you need a ride?” a voice called from behind. Turning his head, the angel looked back and saw one of the most gorgeous mortal women he had ever seen. Her dark red hair hung down in long, curly locks, making her spring green eyes pop against her fair flesh. The sound of her voice was velvety soft and melodious.

Oh yes, thought Azrael, she is the one.

Without hesitation Azrael rushed forward, a blur to the mortal’s eyes, grabbing the soul and locking it deep inside the women’s womb. She wouldn’t feel a thing.

“No,” Azrael reassured. “You may go about your days in love and glory.”

“Um, okay,” the women said slowly, sneaking a look to the man beside her. Her mate, Azrael concurred. Together they can raise the child.

The lady and her lover drove away, leaving Azrael to travel back to Heaven and share his news with the angels.
_____

God was furious. This was his battle, no one else’s.

“Do you have no idea what you have just done?” God bellowed from his throne. “Who is responsible for this?”

“We are, father,” Michael said as he and Gabriel stepped forward, their heads tilted downward. The angels were very much afraid.

God took a deep breath, looking down at his creations. “What was the meaning of this?”

“The war, father,” Gabriel spoke, “Lucifer and his…children are stirring. The mortal world is not safe.”

“And how would you know of this?”

Michael thought about it. “I have seen it. When I try to look into the mortal’s purposes—I see nothing. The world has collapsed.”

God centered his focus on Michael, his right hand angel. He trusted Michael with all of his being. If what Michael was saying was true…then he had no right to contradict him. He and the other angels did what was right.

“I believe you. My children, I thank you for doing this. We shall only hope that this human doesn't disappoint us.”
_____
♠ ♠ ♠
Good? Bad? Let me know please!