Status: Just Starting<3

Holding on to You

Moving

Carter's POV

Packing up my stuff was kind of hard for me. I've been living in this house for about 4 years, but it felt like it was so much longer. There were a lot of memories in this house that I will never forget. The only thing left in my room was my bed and blanket. I just stood there in the middle of my room looking around at the bareness.

"You, okay?" My brother's voice startled me.

I turned around to see him leaning up against the door frame. I took a deep breath and nodded my head, "Yeah, I'm fine. It's just a little overwhelming. I didn't think I would move out so fast."

Matt chuckled to himself as he walked forward, "Well I didn't think you would grow up so fast. I miss my baby sister that would steal my rock t shirts and wear them to bed."

That made me laugh while reminiscing the memory. I looked up into his eyes and put my hand on my heart, "She's always right here." Matt smiled softly while reaching his arms out to pull me in warm embrace. He rubbed my back soothingly while I rested my head on his chest.

"Nervous?" He asked, already knowing that answer.

I scoffed, "What do you think?"

This made him laugh quietly while pulling away, so we were arms length away, "Carter, you have nothing to be nervous about. You love Brian and he loves you. Everyone you love will be at that wedding."

That word still was a shock to me, even if we did have a 1 year engagement. I bit my lip while running my hand through my messy and somewhat sweaty hair, "I- just-" An agitated sigh escaped my lips while I crossed my arms to continue, "What if he realizes he doesn't love me and wants to be with somebody else. I'm just scared of being left at the alter and being alone."

Matt's facial expressions softened up, "Car, you know for a fact that would never happen and if it did Brian wouldn't be able to be with that person, because he would be 6 feet under the ground."

A chuckle escaped my lips as I smiled at his protectiveness, "Thanks, Mattie." He rolled his eyes at the nick name, but pulled me into so he could kiss my head, "No problem, kiddo. I love you."

I nodded, "I love you too."

He changed the subject by rubbing his hands together, "Alright, I think it's time to drive your stuff to Brian's place."

This made me sigh, "I can drive myself." I pointed out.

"I know you can, but since this is probably the last time I'll see you for a while, I would like to spend every second I can with you." He said and I knew there was no way of changing his mind.

We grabbed all of my stuff which was only 3 boxes. I already had all of my clothes at his place, I just had my personal stuff to take. Val gave me a quick hug before we got in the car and Matt loaded everything up.

On the way to Brian's house I got a text message.

From: Brian
When do I get to see my beautiful fiance? ;)


A smile formed on my lips and my heart beat fluttered a little bit. We've been together for about 3 and a half years, but he still managed to make melt with everything he does. Sometimes, I wake up and wonder how I could ever get such an amazing guy. He's almost too good to be true.

Matt is driving me over right now. Should be there in 5 mins, tops.

I looked up at Matt as a question formed in my head, "You're walking me down the aisle right?" I asked which caused him to groan.

He gave me a sideways glance, "How many times are you going to ask me? The answer will always be yes. I'm not going to abandon you on your wedding day. Just because Dad abandoned us when we were younger doesn't mean I'll do the same. You're my little sister that I practically raised and I am not going to miss the opportunity to walk you down the aisle on the best day of your life." Matt said while reaching over and ruffling my hair.

That was what I needed to hear. My nerves are just so out of control. I'm just really nervous, scared, and happy all at the same time. It was really overwhelming if you ask me, but I've managed to keep a hold on it.

Matt pulled into the all too familiar driveway and I got a fuzzy feeling in my stomach. This was now what I called home. Anywhere with Brian is home for me.

We got out of the car and headed to the trunk. Matt and I got all the boxes, so we headed up the pathway to the front door. I knew it was probably unlocked, so I just walked in. A tiny bark echoed through the hallway as we put the boxes down.

Pinkly came running at full speed and I reached down to pick her up, "Hey, Pinkly. Where's your Daddy at?" I asked in a baby voice while scratching behind her ears.

"Am I being paged?" Brian was standing right in front of me and I set Pinkly down without taking my eyes off of Brian. He was wearing sweatpants and a black v neck t shirt. His hair still managed to be spiked up in every direction. A smile was forming on my lips as I walked over to him.

It didn't take long for his tattooed arms to snake around my body and hold me close. I had my arms wrapped around his torso with my head laying on his chest just below his chin. We both sighed in content, knowing this was the best place in the world to be.

"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow Brian at your Bachelor's party and Carter, I'll see you at the wedding." Matt said a quick good-bye to us while exiting the house. He knew we wanted to be alone and it was amazing to know that my brother could respect that.

Brian let go of me, but only to place his hands on both sides of my face. He leaned down and my heart was pounding out of my chest as our lips met each other. The kiss started off in a slow, gentle pace, but once I deepened it, he put more passion into it. Our lips moved in synchronization and our tongues battled for dominance till we couldn't breathe.

I pulled away to catch my breath and he kissed my cheek, "I'm happy you're home." Brian said while caressing the cheek he just kissed.

I eyed him and chuckled, "I can tell." I said while spotting his 'friend' out. Brian smirked while taking my hand into his, "What can I say? He loves you."

A laugh passed through my lips and I smirked right back at him, "Hmm.. I'm not sure if I love him, though."

Brian cocked his eyebrow in my direction, "Oh, really?"

I tapped my chin, "Eh, he's just doesn't get the job done." Brian was shaking his head as a shit eating grin was forming on his face. He let go of my hand, "You got 3 seconds to run, babe."

"Oh please, what are you going to do? Kiss me to death?" I teased playfully as his grin grew wider, "1." He said and I didn't move to show him I wasn't scared.

His grin stayed in place, "2."

I stood my ground, but as soon as he was about to say '3', I took off running up the stairs. I went inside the bedroom and hid under the blankets on the bed. I knew he was going to find me, which was the point.

A couple seconds passed and I felt the blanket get ripped off. I got attacked by kisses which was making me laugh, because he actually did what I said. Brian propped himself on his elbow while I caught my breath. He was tracing shapes on my arm, something he always loved doing.

"You're scared, aren't you?" He asked the question that I was afraid to give him the answer. I knew exactly what he was talking about, but I didn't want him to think that I didn't want to marry him or that I didn't trust him.

I bit my lip while saying, "No."

Brian shook his head, "Carter, you're lying. Matt told me. He said you were actually funny all day and that you're nervous."

A sigh escaped my lips as I turned over on the bed to face the other direction. He probably thinks I'm stupid for acting this way. I couldn't necessarily control it, it was just how I felt.

His arms made their way around my waist and he rested his head on my shoulder, "Baby, it's okay to feel that way. I'm even kind of feeling that way too. Just think though, once the wedding is all done and over with, we're just going back to our normal thing, except you'll have a different last name." He had a point there.

"I'm afraid of being left at the alter. I mean I know it's silly and all, but my mind just keeps wondering about that. You probably think I'm being ridiculous." I said while moving away from him, so I could bury my head in the pillow.

Brian rubbed my arm soothingly, "Carter, look at me." I raised my head to see his dark brown eyes looking into my eyes. He pushed a piece of hair behind my ear, "I love you and I want you to be officially mine. You're the only girl I want to be with and I consider myself the luckiest man on this planet. We've been through so much together and there isn't anything in this world that will stop me from marrying you in 2 days." He explained and didn't give me a chance to respond, because he crushed his lips against mine in a loving way that made me know he wasn't lying.

I pulled back for a second, "I'm sorry for being like this."

He shook his head, "It's alright, it's natural." His lips met mine again and his 'friend' came back. I chuckled into his mouth knowing what he wanted. I reached out and grabbed the hem of his shirt. Once I pulled the shirt off of his body, he eyed me carefully. "We don't have to. I mean last week, you said you wanted to wait till the honeymoon.." He trailed off.

A smirk grew on my lips, "Well you know what they say, practice makes perfect."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, hello there. c: I know I told you guys in the prequel that I was not going to have a second story, but my sister who has never read fan fiction in her life, read this. She fell in love with it and begged me to do a sequel, so here we are. I'm going to try my very hardest to make this as good as Never Let You Go or even better. =)

So, comment, subscribe, recommend, or just read. That's all I ask.♥