Status: Just Starting<3

Holding on to You

Wedding?

Carter's POV

"Ouch!" I exclaimed as Val tugged on my hair clip. She looked up at me through the mirror and gave me an apologetic smile, "Sorry." I shrugged slightly, while she continued to do my hair. Last night, I barely got any sleep. It just wasn't the same without Brian. Speaking of Brian, I reached out and picked up my phone. A sigh escaped my lips when I saw that there was no text message from him.

Val took the hairspray and sprayed it lightly on my hair, "Maybe his phone is off." She suggested.

I bit my lip, "Probably. I just hope he's okay. I hope he didn't drink too much last night."

"I'll call Matt and see what he says." She grabbed her phone off of the table and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. I looked at myself in the mirror, except it didn't look like me. My hair was half up, half down, and in curls. Val put very light colored make-up on me and I was shocked at the outcome. She really should be a make-up artist.

A couple minutes passed and Val walked back in, "The guys are going to pick him up right now. Matt said he only had a few drinks, nothing too bad." I sighed, now feeling more relieved. Val smiled down at me, "Since you're feeling better now, let's get your dress on." A groan escaped my lips. The dress was beautiful, but I'm just not a dressy kind of girl. I didn't have to wear for long, though.

3 hours later


"Are they here yet?" I asked Val while getting extremely impatient. She shrugged and continued to type away on her phone. This only made me groan in the process. Matt said that they would be here 2 hours ago, yet no one has come in the room to tell me they're here.

Finally a knock on the door made me stand up. Val shouted a 'Come in.' and the door opened. A small smile formed on my lips when I saw my brother in his tux. He looked so handsome and grown up. I've only seen him dressed up on a few rare occasions. Matt kissed Val's cheek and turned to me, "How's bride?"

I glared at him, "What do you think? You guys were suppose to be here 2 hours ago." I said while crossing my arms over my chest.

He took a deep breath and sighed, "About that, I have to tell you something-"

Matt was cut of by I'll Be by Edwin McCain blaring through the room. Which meant that was Brian calling me. I rushed over to my phone, the best way I could, being in a dress and all. I picked up the phone and clicked the answer button, "Brian?" I asked into the receiver.

No one said anything.

Just as I was about to say another word, the line went dead. "What the fuck?" I muttered while getting ready to dial his number again, but I then received a text message from him.

From: Brian
Listen Carter, I'm sorry, but I'm in love with someone else. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner.


My heart broke into a million pieces. I let my phone drop to the floor. Matt and Val both looked at me with worried plastered on their faces. Matt took a step forward, "Carter-" I didn't let him finish that sentence. I ran out the door and went out the nearest exit. It took me in the back of the building that had a couple benches by the wall. I sat on the nearest bench and let my own misery consume me.

Brian's POV

I woke up with the worst headache ever. That's the last time I ever get drunk. I opened my eyes and rubbed my forehead. I noticed pink walls and I sat straight up. I looked around and realized this was not my bedroom. I had no clue where the hell I was. I rubbed my head trying to think of the events that happened last night. I picked up the sheet that was covering me and saw that I had no clothing on what so ever. My thoughts started running wild and I jumped out of the bed. I spotted my pair of boxers on the floor and I scrambled into them. The door opened and I saw my worst nightmare.

"Mornin' Bri!" Sadie said in her normal 'screechy' voice.

It made every nerve in my body go numb. I started to pace and rub my face at the same time. What the fuck was I going to tell Carter?! Sadie walked over to me and placed her hand on my forearm, "I can make you breakfast, baby."

I yanked my arm out of her grip, "Don't call me that! I am not your baby! Do you realize what you just fucking did?!"

Sadie rolled her eyes and snorted, "Please. Brian you were the one who came to me last night. You were all over me, I couldn't resist you." She said with a 'seductive' smile on her face, except that wasn't working on me.

"There's no fucking way! I would of remembered that! I didn't even drink that much last night! I had 5 beers! It takes me 10 beers to get shit faced, so you had to of done something! You probably brainwashed me or some shit!" I shouted, letting the anger fill in my body.

Her facial expressions softened, "Baby, it's fine. We're together now, that's all that matters."

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped, "You got to be fucking kidding me, right?! We will never be together-"

She cut me off, "Once Carter finds out, she won't want to be with you."

I scoffed at this, "Oh so you think I'll come running to you?! It will be a cold day in hell before I ever do that! Now, where's my clothes?! I have a Wedding to get to!" I exclaimed while letting my eyes wander around the room, trying to see if I could find any clothes.

Sadie crossed her arms over chest, "Brian, please just stay." She said in a desperate tone.

"You caused a lot of shit for Carter and I over the years. Why couldn't you just let us be happy? Why couldn't you just leave us alone. You just had to fuck everything up for me, didn't you? Well you know what? I hope you rot in fucking hell! If I ever see you again or near Carter, I'm calling the cops and reporting you as a stalker!" I seethed as I caught sight of my jeans on the chair in the corner.

I maneuvered into them quickly and didn't let Sadie get another word in. I couldn't find my shirt, but I decided to leave while I had the chance. I rushed out the door and the warm breeze reached my body. Thank god we live in California or I would probably be freezing my ass off right now. I got to the end of the driveway and realized I didn't have my car or my phone.

How am I suppose to get to the wedding?

I decided to walk till I got to a pay phone. I've been on the side of town, so I have no clue how long it's going to take me. I just hope I make it on time. Finally after what seemed of walking forever I found a pay phone. I rummaged through my pocket and found some spare change. I put it in the phone and sighed, "Fuck." Who am I going to call? Someone came to mind and I dialed the number.

"Brian where the fuck are you?!" My dad shouted in the phone.

Shit, I'm late.

A sigh escaped my lips, "Long story, but can you come pick me up? Oh and grab my tux and shoes at my house on the way?" I asked, hoping he would wait on the lecture.

"Where are you?" He asked, keeping his cool.

I looked at the street sign and spoke back into the receiver, "On Layton Dr. I don't know where that-"

"How the fuck did you get over there?! Oh my god, never mind. I'm coming now! Don't move!" He commanded me and then the line went dead. I hung up the phone and leaned up against the glass. The only thing on my mind now is Carter. I don't know how I'm going to tell her this. It's going to break her heart.

Carter's POV

I don't know how long I've been on this bench, but I knew I didn't want to move from it any time soon. The door opened and Val walked in front of me, "Carter, what's wrong sweetie? What happened?" I shook my head, I didn't feel like saying it out loud. I couldn't. It was my worst nightmare coming true. Val placed a hand on my shoulder, "Car, everything is going to be okay."

"No, it's not." I barely whispered.

Before Val could say anything else, the door opened again. "Carter!"

My head shot up and there he was. The love of my life dressed in his perfect tux and his hair spiked up in every direction. Val smiled at him and turned to me, "I'll give you two a minute." She walked back inside.

I glared up at him with tears glistening in my eyes, "You have a lot of fucking nerve showing up here! Why do you even bother? You clearly love someone else."

"The only person I love is you, Carter." Brian said while taking a step closer to me.

A part of me wanted to believe that, but something was keeping me from letting that happen. I swallowed the lump in my throat and wiped my eyes with the side of my index finger, "Then why did you text me saying you were in love someone else?"

Brian froze and cocked an eyebrow in the air, "I did?"

I sniffled and nodded, "Brian, please don't do this if you love someone else. I don't want to be married out of a lie." A few stray tears rolled down my cheeks.

He took a deep breath and exhaled. I watched him walk closer to me and take my hands into his. He was gazing down into my eyes, "Carter, you are the only girl in this whole entire world that I want to be with. You're everything to me, everything. I wouldn't trade for anything. I want to marry you, right now, right here."

This made no sense to me at all, "But the text-"

Brian placed a finger to my lips to silence me, "I lost my phone at the bar last night, some punk or crazy fan probably found it." A smile was forming on my lips, "So you're not in love with someone else?"

His grin matched my smile, "Just you, babe."

Relief washed through me and he leaned down to peck my lips lightly, "C'mon, we got a wedding to finish!" Brian grabbed my hand and we ran back into the building.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi... c;

Don't kill me! I'm sorry for taking forever to update this. Been really busy lately, but since it's xmas break hopefully there will be more updates! This will definitely be updated again by Christmas. :D

Thanks to everyone who is standing by me and supporting me. You guys amaze me and I can't thank you enough! I love each and everyone of you! <3

Image

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :D