Status: Just Starting<3

Holding on to You

The Truth

Carter's POV

The wedding reception turned out to be actually really fun. Brian and I spent most of our time on the dance floor dancing with everyone. I got to slow dance with all of the guys who all gave me a speech on how "I'm growing up so fast." They were right though. It feels like just yesterday I was in the Garage listening to their band practice and now I'm married to their best friend.

Things were starting to wrap up and I took that time to change into a more comfortable outfit, which was black skinny jeans and a black v cut t shirt. I decided to hang up the dress in my old closet in the house. As I was walking back to the party, I heard a knock at the door. I sighed to myself, hoping it wasn't another guest. I really just wanted to head to the cabin. I got to the front door and pulled it open. I scoffed when I saw my Mother standing there.

"You got a lot of nerve showing up." I stated while crossing my arms over my chest.

This made her frown, "Carter, I'm your mother! I didn't even get an invitation to your wedding!"

I could feel the anger building inside of me, but I tried to keep my cool, "I find it funny that you actually think I would of invited you. Why should I of? You never approved of Brian and I being together?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "I still thought you would at least sent me an invitation."

"You thought wrong," I said while uncrossing my arms and I grabbed the door, "I'm going to ask you to leave, because I have a reception to get back to."

I watched as she placed her hands up, "Wait, I'm only here for one reason, so please, just here me out."

That made me roll my eyes, but I leaned up against the door, "You have one minute."

She nodded and exhaled, "Okay, there is a reason why I didn't approve of you and Brian. It's not about the age difference, it's about Brian. I didn't want him to take advantage of my little girl-"

I cut her off, looking at her like she was crazy, "He would never do that!"

"He did, though." She said in a quieter voice.

Now, I knew she was lying, so I tried to close the door, "You need to leave, I'm not going to listen to this!"

She grabbed the door, "Carter, I have proof! I have his cell phone!"

That's when the blood drained out of me. I let go of the door and she pushed it open. I shook my head, "No, he lost his cell phone at the bar, how did you get it?" I was trying not to jump to conclusions.

I watched as she pulled out a phone from her purse. Once I spotted the crack in the screen, I knew that it was Brian's. She looked at me, "Carter, I really don't want to do this to you, but Brian cheated on you last night with Sadie. She gave me his phone."

That's when it hit me, "Oh my god! You're really something, you know that? Making up lies, so I won't be with him! You're unbelievable!"

She sighed, "Well, here take the phone and watch the video that's on there. I'll leave after that, I promise."

I groaned, while snatching the phone out of her hands. I went into his videos and clicked the one that was dated yesterday. I clicked play and waited. The video showed pink walls and then it went to two people having sex. I saw Sadie on top of a guy and she was screaming 'Harder'. I watched the guy's arms wrap around her and once I saw the tattoos, I dropped the phone. The tears filled in my eyes.

"Carter?"

I turned around and saw Brian standing, looking confused. He spotted the phone on the ground and his eyes widened, like he knew what I saw. I couldn't even stand in the same room as him, so I ran up the stairs and went into the bathroom. I made sure to lock the door. I started crying, wondering how I could be so stupid. I really thought he loved me.

There was a knock at the door, "Carter, please let me explain."

"There's nothing to explain, Brian! You cheated on me! How could you?" I asked in between sobs.

Brian groaned through the door, "Just let me in and I'll explain."

I decided to let him in, because I wanted him to hear what I had to say about him, anyways. He walked into the room and shut the door. Once his saw me crying, he tried to reach for me. I pulled back and glared up at him, "Don't touch me! That's where you were last night, wasn't it? You were late to your own wedding because you were fucking Sadie, huh?"

He just stood there.

That made me more upset, "So, what? Now you have nothing to say?"

"Carter, you know I love you! I would never do that to you!" He exclaimed.

I looked at him like he was crazy, "So who was that in the video then Brian? Do you have a twin brother you forgot to tell me about?!

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "Carter, I was going to tell you about this-"

"When Brian?! You should of told me when you got to the church!"

That made him nod, "I know, just let me explain, please. After I'm done if you want me gone, I'll leave. Just please hear my side of the story." He begged.

I didn't really think there would be a way I could be with him after this, so I decided to let him talk, "Go ahead." I said while leaning up against the bathroom counter.

He took a deep breath, "Okay, yesterday at the bar, Sadie showed up. I basically told her to fuck up, but she kept saying she couldn't change the past and she said congratulations. She bought me a beer and I didn't think anything of it. I watched her leave and Jimmy told me to finish my drink because the stripper was here, so I downed it. The next thing I knew, I woke up in a pink room, naked. Sadie walked in and I flipped out on her. She tried to put it all on me, but I didn't even drink that much. You can ask the guys. I told her there was no way I would ever do that and she said relax we can be together now. That's when I realized she must of put roofies in the drink that she gave me."

I just stood there, letting that all sink in.

We heard a knock at the door, "Uh, Carter, before you kill Brian, I think you need to watch this video."

Brian opened the door and let Jimmy in, "She doesn't need to watch that again."

Jimmy tapped a button on the phone, "Just listen, then."

I heard Sadie moaning and it felt like my skin was burning, but then I heard, "Oh, Carter, I love you so much! I'm glad you picked me up!"

Then Sadie said, "I love you too, baby. I couldn't wait for the honeymoon to do this."

It got quiet and I let it all sink in a little further. I looked up at Jimmy, "Can you give us a minute?"

He left the bathroom and I rubbed my forehead, "Why does this have to happen to me?" I started crying again and Brian pulled me into his arms, this time I didn't object. He held me tight, "Carter, I'm so sorry. I wish I would of skipped the party and stayed home with you."

"It's not your fault." I mumbled into his chest.

Brian pulled away and cupped my face with his hands, "Drugged up or not, I still cheated on you. If you want to divorce me, I would understand, but Carter, please understand that I love you so much. I can't live without you. I feel so much hate in my body right now. Some of it is for Sadie, but most of it is for myself. I would never do anything to hurt you. It's hurts me to see you this way."

I looked into his deep brown eyes to find tears forming in them. I felt my heart tighten up and I wrapped my arms around him. He rested his chin on top of my head and we just stood there. Tears were still rolling from my eyes and I heard Brian sniffle, making me just want to cry more. I felt so bad for him. He cheated on me by not even knowing. I tried to put myself in his shoes and if I was him, I would want to go hide in a cave forever. It would make me physically ill to hurt him like that. Sadie and my Mother are probably cheering for joy now. That's when I made a decision.

"This is what we're going to do, Brian," I let go of him, "We're going to go back downstairs and finish our time up here, then we are going on our honeymoon! If we separate or even get a divorce, that's just letting them win. I'm not going to do that. What did you always tell me when Matt found out about us?" I asked him.

He wiped his eyes and said, "I won't let anybody come between us."

I nodded, "Exactly, well now it's my turn. I'm not going to let anybody come between us."

Brian shook his head, "Carter, I know how hard it is for you right now. I don't know what I would do if I ever found out that you cheated on me. I wouldn't be able to act like nothing happened."

That made me sigh, "Brian do you remember anything of that video?"

"No, but-"

"Then I can act like nothing happened. You don't remember at all, so you technically didn't cheat on me. It's not even in your memory, so it never happened, okay?" I asked him.

Brian took my hand into his, "Okay, but how can you get over this so easily?"

I smiled up at him, "I love you, that's why. I know you would never do anything like that and you didn't. You were drugged and you thought it was me, so let's just get back at Sadie and My Mother by showing them that they can't break us apart."

He smirked, while pulling me closer to him, "I love you so much and I'm so sorry this ever happened. Especially on our wedding day."

"Yeah, this isn't exactly how I pictured my wedding day, but we still have the honeymoon, so let's head out now." I said, pulling him to the door. I let out a squeal when he picked me up bridal style, "As you wish, Mrs. Haner."
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo... I'm back! (:

Anybody miss me? This story? Anything?

thoughts on this chapter?

My thought as a reader is: Aww, poor Brian & Carter must really love him. (:

I'll start thanking commenters again next chapter! I really do love everyone that has read this!