Somebody's Heartbreak

Collide

“Oh, Tayler, you’re over again?” said Mrs. Daley as she walked in on Tom and Tayler watching a movie on the couch in the living room. “I hope you’re not getting tired of me.” Tayler said bashfully.

“Of course not, dear. I assume you’re staying for dinner then?” she asked. “I don’t mean to impose.” Tayler said. “You’ve been imposing for two weeks.” Tom said as he readjusted his position on the couch and moving Tayler with her. Two weeks seems like a short amount of time to know each other before jumping into a relationship but they’ve been spending every available moment with each other and savouring every second together. “Shut up,” Tayler hit him playfully.

“I’ll have dinner ready in an hour or so.” Mrs. Daley smiled to herself. “I think my mum likes you more than me or my brothers,” Tom laughed, “She’s always wanted a daughter.” He kissed her hair.

“She reminds me a lot of my own mom…” she trailed off as she shifted in Tom’s arms. As they watched the movie in silence, they were interrupted once again by Tayler’s phone vibrating on the coffee table. Leaning over to check it, she immediately recognized the phone number and matched it to that of Hockey Canada. Surprised, she sat up and accidently bumped Tom’s chin with her head as she did so, leaving him groaning. “Sorry!” she exclaimed as she rubbed his chin gently.

“Hello?” she answered, “Yes, this is Tayler. I’d love to! Yeah, I’ll call if there are any issues. No, thank you so much for the opportunity. Yes, I’ll see you at camp, thanks again. Bye.”

“What was that about?” Tom said as he sat up and ran his hand through his hair. “I just got invited to attend the Women’s National Selection camp!” she said with a huge smile.

“Congratulations! I’m so proud of you.” Tom hugged and kissed her. But Tayler’s excitement faded quickly as she realized she had to break some bad news to Tom. “What’s wrong?” he sensed her decrease in energy. “Camp starts next week and I leave in a couple of days.” She said with sorrow.

“Hey, this is a great opportunity. I’ll always be here cheering you on,” he assured her, “Get me a cool track jacket or sweater if you can.” He smiled, “Maybe I can even come and see one of your games when I’m done with training camp in Montreal.”

“What’s with all the excitement?” Mrs. Daley walked in. “Tayler’s just been invited to try out for the Canadian National Team!” Tom stood up and spun Tayler around in his arms.

“Oh, congratulations, honey!” she exclaimed as she engulfed her into a hug. “Well, we need to celebrate!”

“What’s with all the hype? Tom and Tayler getting married?” asked Will. “Will!” Tom sighed. “No, Tayler’s going to be on the Canadian Olympic Team!”

“Don’t jinx it!” Tayler said to Tom as Ben joined them downstairs.

“Well,” Mrs. Daley said, “We’re celebrating today!” As Mrs. Daley went out to gather more groceries and Ben and Will returned upstairs to their bedrooms, Tom and Tayler had some quiet time.

“So how’s the camp working? Are you going to be able to come back?” he said as they snuggled on the couch again. “It’s a five day camp. And if I make the team, I’ll be with the Canadian Centralization Program.” “What’s that?” “It’s basically a training camp until we play exhibition games in August. And if they want me, I’ll be playing with them until the Olympics.”

“So what are you going to do about your internship?” he asked with concern. “I don’t know, I’ll have to talk it through with my school and the management. But it’s the Olympics!”

“I know! Babe, I’ve been an Olympian.” He scoffed. “Oh right, I forgot, you’re just Tom Daley, my boyfriend, to me.” She smiled at him and gave him a peck on the cheek. “Don’t forget about me when you’re off being the team’s superstar, okay?” he kissed her temple. “Never.” She smiled.
________________________________________________________________________________

“So what are you going to do about your internship?” Tom asked during a videochat. “I’m redshirting for a year.” She said as Tom furrowed his eyebrows, unsure of the term, “I’m taking a year off but I can still play four years of university hockey even though I’ll be there for five.”

“They’re keeping you from me, then?” he smiled. “Yeah, do you miss me?” she smiled as her roommate, Emerance returned. Emerance (or Em) and Tayler had been friends since their minor hockey days, being the only two girls in their league, and were both the young phenoms of Hockey Canada. “Is that the boyfriend?” she said as she jumped on Tayler’s bed with her.

“Yes…” Tayler said as she blushed, “Well, are you going to introduce me?” Em nudged her. “Tom, this is Emerance, my roommate, best friend, and worst enemy on the ice.” She laughed as she shared the webcam with Emerance.

“TOM DALEY?!” Emerance screamed. “Nice to meet you too,” Tom smiled. “ARE YOU OPPOSED TO HAVING ANOTHER GIRLFRIEND?!” she screamed. “You’re a pretty girl but Tay’s the one for me, sorry.”

“Yeah, Em, I don’t think James would appreciate that.” Tayler laughed. “Make sure my girl doesn’t get in too much trouble, Em.” Tom instructed her.

August marked the team’s first exhibition game. She paid Tom a visit when the team was given a break but left within a few days to go back to camp. She would see him again in a couple of weeks. After his training camp in Montreal, he’ll be separating himself from the team so he can go visit Tayler and finally meet her family.

On the day of her flight, Tom drove her to the airport in a very quiet car. They usually couldn’t stop talking but the quiet of the car reflected their sadness of being separated. They simply held hands and Tayler had shifted so that she leaned her head on Tom’s shoulder as he drove.

Tom adores every single one of his fans but today, he asked them to not bother him which surprised Tayler as she had never even seen Jordan do that. “I hope you don’t mind being in the tabloids.” He stared down the paparazzi as he wheeled her luggage into the terminal with his free hand firmly tangled in hers. “I could care less.” She replied simply.

After a long goodbye at the gate full of “I miss you”s and “I’ll see you in a couple of weeks”, Tayler lightened the mood and pulled a shirt out for Tom. “Everyone loves a Canadian girl.” Tom read the shirt out loud, “Very true.” He smiled as he pulled her in for a kiss and from that, they parted ways.
As Tayler waited in the boarding area, she was notified of a tweet. “Check out what my girl @TayEbs gave me. #thetruth” Tom had tweeted with a picture of him in the tshirt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, thanks for reading! And feedback is always more than welcome (I feel like I always write that bet never get an answer haha)

Until next time! =)