What Lies Beneath

Alone

Trace

I took a deep breath, refusing to look in the mirror at my tired reflection. Everything from the night before wore heavy on my face. Bruises and scars were all I ever saw when I looked at myself. But my thick black hair always helped to cover up whatever pain was present on my face. No one knew the real me, nor would they. Not that I ever even gave anyone the chance to notice.

I got dressed for the school day that lay ahead of me, simple black skinny jeans and a grey V-neck is all that adorned my muscular and tall frame. I straightened the long black mop I called my hair and looked in the mirror once more, I still saw the pain, but less then before, meaning no one else would notice.

I pulled out my phone and stuck in my skull candy lime green headphones, shuffling the 2,000 songs on my ipod, the song Moment by Aiden came on, and played the sweet melody into my ears. Music was my one and only friend. My escape from all that was sad a depressing in this world. I started my mile walk to school, it was now 7 a.m. and I needed to be at school by 7:35 a.m. so I might be a little early, but I didn’t mind too much.

After what seemed like forever I walked up to the hell I called school. Another day here, another day of people staring at the boy they didn’t bother to get to know. But I liked it that way, I didn’t want friends, I didn’t want to get close to anyone. I stayed to myself and didn’t need that to change.

I walked in my first period math class and took my seat in the back. Headphones still in their place in my ears and my hood on my head. My so-called “peers” talked amongst themselves, nothing looked out of the ordinary, same old teenagers with their naïve look on life. If only they even knew what a hard life really was. I did notice however a new pair of eyes in the room, ice blue ones, he must be new. He was absolutely gorgeous; he had a blonde mop for hair and ice blue eyes that were perfectly breath taking. He was thin and somewhat scrawny, but none the less perfect looking.

Maybe I liked being alone, but I was a teenage boy, I still had hormones and feelings, just like the rest of them. I just examined the boy in front of me, part of me wishing he would notice me, the other part not caring if he did. Just as the teacher walked into the room the sweet looking boy locked eyes with me, and much to my discontent I got butterflies, a feeling I never got, and wouldn’t care to have again.

Who is this boy? And why did he have this effect on me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooooo what do you mibbarians think? I hope you liked it, I just got this idea and decided I would see where it goes.

So please comment and subscribe if you like where this is going!
Ideas are welcome!