What Lies Beneath

Glassy Eyes and Butterflies

Trace

It’s been a couple days since I’ve met the cute boy, and no matter what I did, he tried being my friend, I don’t know why it was so important to him to be… Every one else in this school would have given up the first time, but not him. He talked to me at lunch, even though I preferred to not be bothered. He did all the talking and was not expecting any reply from me. Which, I have to say is nice. Even though I liked being left alone, the fact that I had someone talking to me, giving me the least bit of company, was a nice change in my dull routine. I have to admit, as much as I didn’t want to, I liked this boy. He was cute when he talked about childish things, and giggled after everything.

Now was like every other lunch day this week, he was sitting across from me, talking to be about how penguins are just mutant ducks. I didn’t understand this pointless ramble, but him talking was just cute enough that I didn’t care.

“Trace, me and you are hanging out tomorrow! It’s Friday and lets face it you needa get out more.” His face held a huge grin, I didn’t even know it was possible to be, or look that happy.

I shook my head in response, nothing more nothing less.

“Oh yes you are. I’ll text you when I’m coming over tomorrow! Now I gotta get to American History. YAY! …NOT. Bye!”

with that he was walking away, and not going to lie I was a little sad watching him leave.

If you’re wondering why he has my number, well he took my phone and texted himself so that he had my number. He so nicely programed his number into my phone as well. I never replied to the texts unless it was just to say bye.

----------------FAST FORWARD------------------

I was now walking home from my long and boring school day; I was two blocks from my own house, the winter air making my nose cold. I heard screaming as I passed a run down house on the corner. I couldn’t help but to stare, why was there such loud screaming? I couldn’t make out the words, all I heard was loud yelling, too jumbled together to make out. I saw a small figure run past the window and realized the little figure with those white blonde locks, was Blake.

Before I knew what I was doing I was running up the steps to the house. My mind was screaming at me to “go back, mind your business!” but the other half was telling me to keep moving, help the cute boy!

As I ran into the house I saw him lying on the floor curled up and a tall man was above him with a bat. What the hell?!

“Get away from him!” was all I said before throwing myself at the guy above Blake. I punched and punched until I felt him stop resisting.

I got up and walked over to the boy curled up on the ground, I kneeled next to him.

“You okay?’

He looked at my, his bright eyes glassy and tear filled.

That’s when I knew…

When the butterflies slowly set in...

This boy, something about him, it changed me.

For better or for worse, I had no clue. I just knew that as long as he was in my life my life wouldn’t be the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a filler, sorry :(. I know it sucks. Im sick and this is the best I could do.
please comment and subscribe!
Ideas and your thoughts are always welcome!
Poor Blake :,(