Status: S...L...O...W

Home Sweet Haven

Because He Has Drina...

It was the first week of summer after the high school graduation when a particular doorbell rang somewhere in the town of Haven, Maine.

The young man who rang this bell was tapping his foot on the welcome mat at the houses doorstep, questions ran through his head as he waited to be invited into the simple one-and-a-half story house. He was tall, reaching his final height of 6'2" the previous summer, with dark brown hair and eyes to match, the patch of facial hair on his chin was being rubbed in thought as he waited for the door to open. Not thirty seconds later and the door was opened.

"Duke?" The arrival of this particular young man was a surprise to Erica Martell, a woman now in her late forties but you could never tell. "What can I do for you, sweetie?"

The boy named Duke Crocker rubbed the back of his neck; he was never good with parents, especially when it came to the parents of girls. "Hello, Mrs. Martell. Is Drina home? She called me earlier and asked if I could come over..."

The grey-tinged brunette woman tapped her temple in realization. "Yes of course, she mentioned that you might come over. Come in, come in." She stepped aside ushering the young Crocker into her home and gesturing down the hall. "You know where her room is."

"Thank you." Duke nodded slightly as he entered the home and walked toward the back of the house only stopping to greet Andrew Martell as he passed by the study with a, "Hello, Mr. Martell." and receiving a, "Afternoon, Duke." in reply.

*****

Once the shaggy haired teen was out of earshot the elder man turned to his wife as she entered the study. "I'm still unsure of why you let the Crocker boy be friends with our daughter, Poppy. I would have put a stop to it the minute it had started."

"You're worried he's going to end up like his father. But he won't." Erica stated as she placed a hand on her husband's shoulder, giving it a reassuring sqeeze. "Duke's not going to turn out like Simon."

"How do you know, Poppy?" Sighing he removed his reading glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose. "How do you know he won't turn out exactly like Simon? Or Roy? Or any of those other Crockers?!" Andrew hissed, keeping his voice down so that the teens down the hall wouldn't hear the conversation.

A smile played on Erica's lips as she shook her head. "Because he has Drina..."
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter oh I don't know how many. I plan on eventually catching up with the series but for now I'm still playing catch up with Drina's past. Speaking of, I know she's not in this chapter but she is in the second which I'll have posted later. Maybe next week. It's already written.

Edited the chapters a little bit. Nothing major, just some extra details.

I'd love to get some feedback. :D Thanks.

PS: The more comments the faster the updates.