Status: *I do not own any celebrity or real event/person/place, etc. But I do own all fictional characters/places/events. Enjoy! (:*

The Impossible

Three.

I called Chase as I flew out of the hotel door to let him know that I was on my way. It rang for what seemed like a long time, and I was afraid he was mad at me for being late to dinner. I let it ring a couple more times, reluctant to hang up, when he finally answered.
"Tay, honey, sorry about that. I was in the other room and couldn't hear the phone ringing." He explained. Had he not left to meet me yet?
"Oh..are you still at your hotel?"
"You tell me."
"Huh?"
"Turn around." My heart sped up when he said this, and I turned completely around to see him standing about five feet in front of me. Wow, he looked so cute. It had been almost two weeks since I had seen him last. Two weeks too long. I ran toward him and secured my arms around his waist. He only hugged me for a second before pushing me away. I looked up at him, surprised, but he had a smile on his face. I forced a smile on mine.
"So, where are we headed?" I asked, unsure of exactly what to say.
"There's a small cafe a couple of blocks down that should be pretty private. Plus, they've got great food." He lightly took hold of my hand and began to lead me down the sidewalk.
"You've ate there then?"
"Yeah, just once. One of my, uh, coworkers knew about it," he told me. I nodded my head.

We walked in silence the whole two and a half blocks to the cafe. The touch of Chase's hand on mine being so light and him being so quiet made me look up every few seconds to make sure he was still walking beside me. I couldn't figure out why he was being so quiet. He seemed fine; nothing seemed to be bothering him. But...I just assumed that he would be a little more excited to see me-his fiance-whom he hadn't seen in almost two weeks.

We strolled past a small bar called Stanley's on the way to the cafe which was extremely crowded for some unknown reason. Chase and I had to squeeze through all the people huddled outside of the bar entrance. Sure, it was Hollywood, but no other place on the block was that busy.

Finally, we arrived at the cafe, and Chase requested a private booth in the back, which made me feel a tiny bit better to know that he wanted some privacy. But as soon as we sat down, Chase was all over me, kissing my face and neck and chest. We had been intimate before but not like that in a public place. I lightly pushed him away, not wanting to make him mad. I didn't understand what had gotten into him. Thankfully, the waiter came over before I had to say anything to try and make the moment less awkward. But Chase made it worse by not speaking until we had gotten our food.
"So, what did you plan on doing tonight?" He asked me, and I brightened up thinking that he was going to ask me to stay with him for the night.
"Well, that depends."
"On what?"
"On you."
"Me?"
"Yeah, wouldn't it be great if we spent my first night here together. I mean, it's been two weeks since we've seen each other."
"Aww, I would love to, Tay, but I can't. I've got a ton of work to finish up tonight." My heart immediately sank.
"Do you have to finish it tonight? Can't it wait til in the morning?"
"I wish. I really do, but I'll get in major trouble if it's not done tonight."
"Are we gonna spend any time together this week? Or did I come up here for no reason?"
"No, no, no. We'll see each other. I promise. Tonight is just crucial, okay? I'm sorry." I didn't speak. I only nodded my head and tried to keep my food down.

After dinner, Chase walked me back to the hotel. He was quiet the whole walk again. Like before, he seemed fine; he was just unusually quiet. I tried to shrug it off, thinking that maybe it was just because he was tired or something from work. But I couldn't forget about it completely.
"I'll call you tomorrow, alright?" he said before softly kissing my lips.
"I love you. Good night."
"Love you, Tay. 'Night," he replied before turning around and hurrying away.

I dragged myself through the hotel and up to my room. Immediately, I stripped down and hopped in the shower, making sure the water was scalding. Today had not turned out like I had expected. I figured Chase would have been ecstatic to see me like I was to see him. Instead, he hardly showed any emotion. And he tried to attack me at the restaurant. I just had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, and I wanted to wash it away in the shower. Well, try to anyway.

When the water turned cold, I stepped out and dried off before draping a towel around my waist. I had been so eager to get in the shower that I had forgotten to grab any underwear. As I opened the bathroom door, I noticed that the light coming from the kitchen was on, which hadn't been on when I stepped into the shower. I crept quietly through the living room to go investigate when a figure stepped out in front of me. We both screamed.

When the screaming ceased, I saw that he wasn't a murderer-didn't look like one anyway-which what I figured he had been. He was actually very good-looking. But that didn't make up for the fact that he was in MY room.
"What are you doing here?!" I shouted.
"Me?! What are you doing here?!" He shouted back.
"What are you talking about?! This is my hotel room!"
"No, it's not! It's mine!"
"Obviously not if I've been in the shower."
"Obviously if I'm here now and have been all week."
"All week?"
"Yes, all week. Did you not notice the suitcase already in the bedroom?" He demanded as if I was crazy.
"No, I just got here today, and I was in hurry." I defended.
"That's not my fault then."
"Well, excuse me for not searching for men's suitcases in hotel rooms that I've already reserved!"
"You mean, hotel rooms that I'VE reserved!"
"No, I think I had it right the first time." I stated as I stomped into the bedroom with the stranger right on my heels.
"See! There it is! There's my suitcase!"
"You said you've been here all week!"
"So?!"
"So, it's not even been unpacked!"
"That's because I haven't had time to unpack!"
"Oh, really?!" I demanded, not believing him. "Who are you anyway?" I watched as his face turned from anger and shock to almost disbelief.
"You don't know who I am?" I searched his face for a minute, and I had to admit that he did look really familiar, but I couldn't place a name. I shook my head. "I'm Jeremy Renner." I continued to stare at him. "Please, tell me you know who I am!"
"Of course I do! But that doesn't mean you can steal my hotel room!"
"For the love of God, I didn't!" I folded my arms and took a deep breath before getting too worked up over this. "Who are you?" He questioned.
"I'm Taylor Parker."
"Well, Ms. Parker, you've trespassed into my hotel room. I think you need to leave."
"I don't think so! Security!" I shouted, and he immediately began shushing me.
"Okay, just calm down. This is getting out of hand. Let's just go down to the front and figure this whole mess out, alright?" He was right; it was getting crazy. There had obviously been some kind of mix-up that needed to be fixed.
"Fine, let's go. I'll prove it's my room," I remarked before strutting out of the hotel door. He was on my heels once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Longer this time!
Let me know what you think!
It's finally gonna start to get interesting!
Yay! (: