Sequel: Destroy Everything
Status: Active;; as long as I get comments

City Lights

14. Distants Sucks and Hospitals

“So you and Chris are together?” Jess asked leaning back in her chair. We were sitting under All Time Low’s tent, watching Vinny doing all the work. I had today off.

“Yeah, he asked me last night.” I said. She smiled.

“That’s so exciting.” She said. I nodded.

“What happened after we dropped you and Austin off at his bus?” I asked, smiling.

“Nothing. I puked. We cuddled then fell asleep.” She said.

“I knew you guys we laying together. Austin instagramed a picture of you two.” I said. She shook her head.

“No way, did he?” She asked. I pulled my phone out and pulled up the app for instagram and showed her the picture.

“I didn’t even notice he took this.” She said. I laughed.

“Are you mad?” I asked. She shook her head.

“No. I mean, I really like him and I’m so nervous about the end of the summer though since we live in two different states.” Jess said. I nodded.

“That’s how I am with Chris.” I said.

“We’re just reversed. I live in Baltimore while Austin lives in Huntington Beach and you live in Huntington Beach as well while Chris lives in Pennsylvania.” Jess said. I nodded. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I dug it out. It was a text from Ricky.

From: Ricky
Are you and Jess coming to watch us?

I looked up at Jess, who was now waiting on a person. I waited for her to finish but it kept coming so I just went up to her.

“Ricky wants to know if you and I are going to watch MIW set today.” I asked. She looked at one of the fans then back at me. She nodded.

“Alright guys, I’m off after this one. I have a set to attend. Please go get in Vinny’s line or come back later. Sorry.” Jess shouted as she handed the girl her money. We walked away from the tent and towards the stage Motionless In White would be playing at.

“Phoenix, what are you doing walking by yourself?” I heard someone say. I turned around and saw Matty Mullins walking up to me.

“I wasn’t walking by myself. I have Jess with me.” I said looking behind me at Jess.

“Jess is just a girl. She can’t fight a guy like Tyler off.” Matty said. Jess raised her left eyebrow, folding her arms across her chest.

“I’ll have you know that I am a very tough person and I’ve beat the shit out of two other girls, Mullins.” Jess said. Matty laughed.

“You think I was serious? I know you can handle it. I’m just giving you shit.” He said. I smiled as Jess slapped Matty in the arm. We continued our walk to the stage with Matty.

“Alright, I think I have a signing to do. So I’ll see you all later.” Matty said pulling me into a hug then hugged Jess. I nodded while Jess just shrugged.

“Don’t be a little brat, Jess. Embrace my awesomeness.” Matty said. Jess rolled her eyes.

“Go do your damn signing, Mullins.” Jess said shoving him away while he just laughed. I looked around once Matty walked away and saw Chris, Ricky, and Ryan standing under a tent. Jess and I walked over to them. Jess jumped on Ricky’s back.

“What’s up, fuckers?” Jess shouted. Ricky grabbed her legs, holding her on his back. Jess put her arms around his neck. I love Austin but Jess and Ricky look really cute together. I smiled then I felt someone pull me into a hug. I turned and saw Chris standing there.

“Hello. How are you doing today?” I asked. He smiled.

“I’m good. Are you doing okay?” He asked. I nodded.

“I’m awesome. I’ve been hanging out with Jess most of the day.” I said. We both looked over at Ricky, Jess, and Ryan. Jess was still on Ricky’s back while Ryan was talking to them two.

“Do you think they are cute together?” I asked looking at Chris.

“Sure but I thought Austin and Jess were together?” Chris asked. I shook my head.

“They’re kind of in our situation because Austin lives in HB while Jess lives In Baltimore.” I said. Chris sighed.

“I’m sorry.” He said.

“It isn;t your fault. We’re trying. What are they doing about it?” I asked. Chris nodded. Soon it was time for them to go on. Jess jumped off Ricky’s back, hugging him. They ran out on the stage. Jess and I both walked onto the side of the stage and watched them. I nudged Jess anytime Ricky would look over at us. She rolled her eyes. Thirty minutes later, the guys were running off the stage, high fiving them all. Jess and I turned around and followed them off the stage. They were all drinking water when someone shouted Jess’s name. Jess and I turned to look and I saw the two blonds.

“What’s up?” Blonde one said. Jess shrugged. Clearly not wanting the girls to be around. Blonde one walked over to Ricky and started flirting with him. Ricky didn’t really seem interested. Blonde two went over to Balz. Balz kind of nicely shoved her away, walking away. Chris walked over to Ryan and started talking. I looked at Jess, she looked pissed. I saw her shrug then look at me.

“I’m going to go. I’ll see you later.” Jess said walking around blonde one and Ricky. Ricky watched her walk away.

“Jess. Wait.” Ricky said. Jess shook her head before walking faster. Blonde two walked up to Ryan and Chris. Chris turned around to walk over to me but she grabbed his arm.

“Listen, I don’t been a dick but I’m not interested in what you have to say. I’ve got to go. A friend of mine needs me.” Chris said before walking over to me, grabbing my hand and pulling me in the direction that Jess went. Chris turned to look at Ricky.

“Get your shit together, Ricky.” He said then we walked away. We walked to All Time Low’s tent but she wasn’t there. We checked Of Mice & Men’s bus and she wasn’t there either. I was beginning to worry where she was. I sent her a text about thirty minutes ago and she hadn’t text me back.

“Chris, I’m really worried. What if something bad happened?” I asked. We went back to the All Time Low’s tent.

“Hey Vinny, have you heard from Jess lately?” I asked. Vinny looked up, he looked like he had been crying.

“You didn’t hear. Jess…she...was walking across the street to the gas station off grounds and was hit by a car. I’m trying to pack here and get to the hospital but none of these people are leaving me alone. “ Vinny said.

“Is she okay? Do you know anything?” I asked. I picked up some boxes and started helping packing. Chris started helping too after he sent a text to someone.

“I text the guys that I’m going to miss a few band things.” He said. I shook my head.

“No, go to the band things. Your fans need you.” I said. He shook his head.

“No, family and friends come first and you all are like family to me.” He said then dug his phone out.

“Should I tell Ricky?” He asked. I shrugged. He nodded then typed something and shoved his phone back into his pocket when he finished then started helping us pack. Vinny was struggling with a shirt.

“Vinny, things will be okay. Just stay calm.” I said pulling him into a hug.

“Is she okay?” Ricky running up to us, out of breath. We all shrugged. He helped pack to and soon we were all heading to the hospital.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SOOOOO sorry for just a delay on the updates. I went to see Every Avenue one last time then it was the holidays and since I'm out of school and work for a living. I didn't have a break like a lot of people do so they can update and stuff. Then I got sick and was too sick to even think. I'm so sorry for the crappiness of this chapter as well. I'm not sure when I'm ending this. I have Jess and Ricky in this a lot because I know what I want to happen in the sequel so if I do decide to do a sequel then I have it. I think I might bump this story up to twenty chapters. :) Good news for you. Yay!

Anyways, I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I was wish for Christmas and New Years. Yay me! <3

Thank you:
L0stIn_Lights
keyboards
ToadsterXDXP - I will. I'm trying to figure out something with these two. I do love them all equally. <3
ElegantFalcon


Go likethis facebook page, please. <3

Enjoy!