Sequel: Destroy Everything
Status: Active;; as long as I get comments

City Lights

8. I hear wedding bells

I was staying with Of Mice & Men for a while. I didn’t want to be around Chris. I would do their merch, watch them on stage then I’ll go back to the merch for a while, and pack up at the end of the night. I usually text Austin when I’m done because Matty Mullins was still on my ass about being alone. It had been two weeks and I felt like I was being a bother to the guys so I decided to just go back the Motionless In White’s bus. Austin helped me with me stuff. He hugged me.

“It’ll be okay. I’m here for you, PG.” He said. I nodded.

“Yes, you also need to be there for Jess. There is something going on with her that she’s not telling either of us.” I said.

“Yeah, I know. It’s bothering the hell out of me.” He said, hugging once more before waving bye then walking off. I knocked on the door, hoping Chris wouldn’t be the one to answer. The door swung opened to reveal Ricky. He looked down at me, smiling then climbed off the bus and pulled me into a hug.

“I’ve missed you, Phoenix.” He said. I hugged him tighter.

“I missed you, too. Sorry about all the shit.” I said. He shook his head.

“No need to be sorry. You didn’t want to be around Chris and we all understand.” He said.

“You all have been playing some amazing shows.” I said. He smiled.

“You’ve been secretly watching us?” He asked. I nodded.

“Of course, I couldn’t just NOT watch you guys.” I said. He grabbed my suitcase before walking up the steps. I followed, hoping that Chris was in his bunk or somewhere not here. I didn’t get that lucky again. I looked around and saw him sitting there, staring at the television. Nothing was said because my uncle came onto the bus.

“Phoenix, what are you doing here? We’re in St. Louis. You have that wedding to go to.” He said. I looked at him, strangely then remembered that one of my friends was getting married and I had to be there. My friends were strange so she was having a late at night wedding.

“Oh fuck. I completely forgot about it. What time is it?” I asked, searching for my clothes.

“It’s only 5.” He said.

“Okay, I still have three hours to get ready. I’m not looking forward to this.” I said, walking to the back and I saw the dress laying there.

“How did this get here? I told her I wasn’t wearing a dress, Uncle Larry.” I shouted.

“Sorry, it’s required. Who are you taking?” He asked.

“No one.” I said. I hated rushing. How the hell did I forget this?

“Don’t put your dress on until you get to Jennifer’s house. Get your make-up and hair done. “My uncle said. I shook my head.

“This is bullshit. I told her that I wasn’t going to wear a fucking dress. I fucking hate dresses.” I shouted.

“Just fucking deal with it for one night. By the way, Chris is your date.” My uncle said.

“What? I didn’t…” I heard Chris say.

“I don’t think so. Why couldn’t one of the other guys do it?” I asked.

“The other guys have some business to take care of and Jennifer actually picked him.” Uncle said. I shook my head.

“I didn’t agree to this.” Chris said.

“Neither did I.” I said putting my make up on. I was finished with that and started working on my hair.

“Also, why couldn’t you ask someone else from a different band?” I asked.

“Because they are all busy with the BBQ so shut up and get ready.” I heard my uncle shout.

“That means you too, Motionless.” He shouted. I shook my head. This was not happening. I was finished with my stuff. I grabbed my dress and heels then walked out into the living area.

“Nice shirt, PG.” Ricky smirked. I looked down at my shirt then laughed.

“I hate you all. I have a feeling this is planned or some shit.” I said. They all shook their heads just as Chris walked out in a suit. He looked good, I must admit.

“Well, you two have fun.” Balz said before they all walked off the bus.

“We might as well go now so we can get this over with.” Chris said. I nodded and just followed him off the bus. I saw Jess and Austin talking but they both stopped and looked at us, smiling. Something was going on. Once we got to Jennifer’s house, Chris and I separated. I went to Jennifer’s room while he went to the backyard.

“Phoenix, your hair and make-up looks amazing.” Jennifer said. I looked up at her. She was gorgeous and I hadn’t seen her happy in a really long time.

“You’re gorgeous, Jenni.” I said hugging her quickly. I dress quickly, telling her I wasn’t happy that I had to wear a dress.

“So, did Chris agree to come with you?” She asked.

“More like forced but I didn’t force him.” I said looking out the window and down at the scenery.

“Uncle Larry?” She asked. I nodded. There was a knock on the door and Jennifer’s brother Michael poked his head through.

“You both look so beautiful but are you two ready?” He asked.

“You should ask the bride that. It’s not up to me, anyways.” I laughed, looking at Jennifer but she only nodded. I stepped out of the room and hooked arms with Michael. We took it slow down the stairs because the heels I had on were torture. We reached the back door and I could see everybody standing up. I didn’t like it when people stared. We step down the steps from the porch and I glanced around, saw Chris staring at me. I could hear whispers. I knew what people were talking about. We reached the front and then turned around, watching Jennifer walk down the aisle.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After the wedding ceremony, I had to dance with Michael then it was whoever I wanted. I dance with a few of Jennifer’s cousins. I walked over to a table and sat down. My feet were killing me. I just wanted to take them off.

“Want to dance?” I heard someone ask. I look up and saw Chris standing there, with his hand out. I took his hand then he guided me to the dance floor.

“I’m sorry.” He said after dancing for three slow songs. I looked up at him then shrugged.

“No, I shouldn’t have said that about you. You are far from that and I deserve to be slapped but maybe, you could wait until we back at the buses before you do so.” He said. I laughed.

“It’s okay. I got over it.” I said looking away from him. I felt him kiss my cheek and pulled me tighter. I looked over at Jennifer, dancing with her newly husband, Matt. She looked at me then gave me a thumbs up.

“By the way, you look really pretty.” He said. I smiled, widely. He shook his head.

“Oh my gosh, you’re fangirlin’ right now. Stop it.” He whined.

“What? I’m just smiling. Why can’t I smile?” I asked.

“Because I said pretty and I know what you’re thinking.” He said. I nodded still smiling.

“Fine, I’ll stop.” I said trying to quit smiling.

“Well don’t do that. I like it when you smile but it just…I…never mind. You just don’t quit smiling.” He said. I shrugged.

“So how are things with Nikki?” I asked curiously. He frowned, shrugging.

“What’s that mean?” I asked getting a bad feeling about this.

“Nikki broke up with me.” He said. I stepped away from him and looking up at him.

“The first night you two met is when it happened. You ran off and I got worried. Things were said and it just happened. I had a feeling it was going to happen. She wasn’t the same person I knew back when I first met her.” He said. I pulled him into hug.

“It’s okay. I’ll be fine. “He said. I knew he was staring at it. I wanted to forget about it.

“I lied when I said Tyler never hit me.” I said quietly. We walked into the house for a more private talk.

“What happened?” He asked lightly touching my shoulder blade.

“I came home one night from the bar and caught him fucking some whore. I was furious. I started packing my bags and telling me to go to hell. I was screaming. He kept trying to reason with me and I was just ignoring him. I wasn’t going to take him back until this happened. He threatened me. This was when I was going to die. I was in the hospital for two weeks because he attacked me with a kitchen knife. It wasn’t all that bad but left this nasty scar. I stayed with him because he threatens to kill me. I knew he could do it. I was scared so I stayed with him until you know the whole hospital and prison thing.” I said as tears were falling down my cheek. Chris reached up, wiping the tears falling down my face and pulled me into a hug.

“I’m so glad Tyler’s gone.” He whispered in my ear. I nodded before pulling away. He leaned in, his breathing hitting my lips. Was he going to kiss me? I felt his lips brushing against mine.

“Phoenix.” I heard Jennifer say. I jumped up and saw Jennifer standing there with him. Tyler
♠ ♠ ♠
Before the Wedding
Wedding Dress

If you like Pierce the Veil then you all should check out this Mike Fuentes story. It's really good.
Bulletproof Love

Enjoy!