Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter one

When I woke up I heard the sounds of the birds outside my windows. I smiled as they sang their songs for one another. I couldn't see it but I could tell the sun was shining, I could feel the warmth flowing through the ground. Sitting up I felt the blanket slip off my shoulders, reaching back i fiddled with the knot that held my blindfold on. Once it was tight again I felt around until i found the edge of the bed. When my feet touched the floor I squealed slightly it was cold. Standing up I heard the sounds of my brothers getting up as well, only they made a lot more noise then I did.
"Get off my Kon!"
"Hey who stole my toothbrush!"
"That's it your all going down!"
The sounds of wrestling followed that remark and I found myself shaking my head. Boys. It was like they were a different race then we were. I walked over to my dresser my hand slightly touching the rail that ran around my room. After changing into a pair of plain pants and a warm shirt I grabbed my staff and headed for the door. My mothers soft footsteps reached my ears just as I was about to open the door. I took a step back and she burst into the room nearly falling over as she did.
"Good morning mother." I said catching her with my arm.
"Good morning Zanza, I was just coming to see if you were awake. Will you be joining me this morning for some berry picking?" She asked her voice tickling my ears.
"Sorry mom I have to go get some more wood. But I'll help after that."
"Alright, I'll go tell your father you two can go after you eat."
She patted my cheek with her hand before leaving the room. Picking berries meant that she was going to be making her famous pie! Smiling I made my way downstairs managing to duck my brothers as they wrestled all the way down the steps.
"Morning Zanza!" They shouted as they passed me.
"Morning Kon, morning Torric, morning Marken." I said completely identifying my three brothers.
My brothers were triplets, which meant they were always on each others cases about who was older and things like that. They stumbled into the kitchen as I followed behind.
"Boys stop fighting and eat!" My mother shouted at them.
"Yes mom." they said in unison.
"Morning dumpling." My father said standing up to give me a hug.
"Morning da."
I found my chair and waited, a few minutes later my mother plopped a stack of gigantic of nut muffins on the table. My brothers made a grab for them but I managed to snag three before they devoured them all. We were eating when I felt a shudder run through the earth.
"Da you might wanna consider fishing at wells lake today." I said before taking a bite of the muffin in my hand.
"Did the giants move again?" he asked astonished.
I nodded and he sighed. The giants had been very active lately which was always room for concern. Not for us but for the village that was a few miles away from here. When the giants began to move like this it meant they were getting ready for a harsh winter. The village would have to know it was coming early this year.
"Okay I'll let the village head know the next time we head over there to trade. Speaking of which Zan will you be going into the woods today?" My dad asked.
"Yes, is there anything we need?" I asked finishing off my muffin.
"If you could catch some more elks that would be good."
"And some more herbal plats." My mother added.
"And some acorns!" My brothers shouted at once.
"Okay I look when I'm out today. Seems like a good day to find all those things." I replied holding up my hands.
"Alright but don't take on too much." My father warned before patting my head.
I loved the fact that my family could depend on me so much. Since I was five and started hunting with my father I had learned a lot. Which was why know when his back was ailing him I went out and hunted down the things that were necessary to our survival. Sometimes it's hard living at the edge of a dark forest, but I loved it anyway. Besides out here no one stared at me. That was the other thing I was grateful for. IN this world you don't meet many people who cannot see.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter one done. Waiting for next mission. End Transmission.