Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter fourteen

Madam Star (she had told me her name once we were outside) led me around the village showing me all that there was. I saw Giraffes-weres making swords, I saw Dog-weres playing a game on what looked like a field. I even was a Hawk-were perched up in a tree, it was obvious that he was a look out but for what I wasn't sure.
"This place is amazing." I breathed as we walked down the lanes.
"Our people have lived in this village all their lives. It is the one place were we can be without the stares of people who don't understand us." There was a touch of sadness in her voice that I understood all to well.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to intrude." I said holding my head down.
"Dear you are no problem at all. We welcome all visitors to our village."
I nodded and we continued on our tour. We had just gotten to what looked like the center of the village when I felt someone's eyes on me. I turned around but there was no one there. After a second I raced to catch up with Ms. Star. We entered the big building and I found myself in the middle of what looked like an even more advanced game then the one I had seen outside.
"This is where we get together to play. The game was one our ancestors came up with, the point of the game is to pass the other member on the team without losing the ball. Should you lose it then you will have to play the penalty game and your team will lose a point while the other team will gain the lost point. Is that too complicated for you dear?" She asked turning her eyes on me.
"No it sounds like fun." I smiled as I watched a Hawk and a wolf race each other.
"Would you like to try?" She asked leaning down slightly.
"Oh, I'm no good at these kind of games." In truth it sounded fun but without my blindfold I would surely lose.
"Come on give it a try." She dragged me over to where the game was going on without listening to me.
At first the teams where a little skeptical but one look from Ms. Star and they went silent. I was on the green team (I think it had something to do with the thorny plant that was still wrapped around my waist). My opponent was a jackal and as I took my place he sneered at me.
"Uh can I have a moment?" I asked just before the race started.
"Take all the time you need buttercup." The jackal said his eyes laughing.
Buttercup?! Oh he was going down! I reached into my pocket where my blindfold was and took it out. My team whined when they saw me wrap it around my eyes, but they were quieted by my opponent.
"If she wants to lose so badly let her." He was laughing which caused his team to laugh as well.
I remained silent. Once it was on nice and tight and I couldn't see a thing I stepped into position and took a deep breath. The ball was handed to me and I waited until the signal sounded. He tried to bump me the moment the signal ended but I was gone. The track was clear in my mind and as I ran I didn't even have to listen to know that I was far ahead of him. He raced to catch up and when we were once again neck and neck he swung out with his legs hoping to trip me. I jumped. My body flew through the air and I landed on my free hand pushing myself back into the air. I flipped twice and landed right in the finish line.
There was silence as I took off the blindfold and looked behind me. The jackal was twenty feet behind me, had I really jumped that far? Then suddenly I was being hugged by my team, they were careful of the thorns but all the same they were happy.
"That was amazing!"
"How did you do that?"
"I want you to always be on our team!"
"That's the first time we've ever beaten them!"
I smiled then looked back and saw that he was still standing there as if he couldn't believe it. I stuck out my tongue at him and he blushed angrily. He turned away his team following him. It was a good moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea what to call this game. Anyone?