Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter eightteen

I stare up at the sky and wondered if she was looking at the sky as well. When we'd first met there had been a bandage around her eyes. Even so she had been beautiful. Sighing I closed my eyes and called up her image as I had done nearly a thousand times already.
"My prince?" Stanton called a few feet away from me.
"Have you found her?" I asked without opening my eyes.
"No but there is a village nearby that we may take shelter in." Stanton said standing over my now.
"I see go and make arrangements I will stay here." I said as a smile crossed my face.
I didn't see him bow but I knew when he left. Opening my eyes I fixed them once more on the sky above me.
"Zanza are you watching the sky as well?" I asked wishing my voice could carry all the way to her.
* * * *
"Lizette! Are you finished already?!" Torric called from the head of the table.
"I couldn't eat another bite." I said laughing slightly.
It was true they had stuffed me so full that I could barely move. I waved goodbye then walked out into the open air. The sun would be rising soon which meant they would be bedding down. I would leave then. I could not afford to stay any longer then that. My gaze was cast towards the sky where the stars were fading quickly. I didn't realize I wasn't alone until I felt someone's breath on the back of my neck.
"You got lucky today girl." Someone snarled a little too close for comfort.
"It seemed to me that you were just slow." I replied turning around as I stepped away from them.
It was from the Jackal from earlier, and he was not alone. There were two vicious looking poodles standing behind him ready to leap on me if I made an attempt to escape.
"Oh where you so scared of me you need your friends to come along and hold your hand?" I asked as if he was a little kid.
"I don't need them!" he snapped.
"So then what do you need?" I asked the thorns pricking my skin slightly.
"I've come to show you what happens when you embarrass me." He snarled stepping back.
I waited for him to attack the whole time thinking this is what happens around me. But a moment later someone grabbed the back of my shirt and tugged me over the railing that I had been at. I fell for a second before my instincts took over and I jumped through the air to land on the ground. When I turned around Noren was there, he looked up then grabbed my hand and started tugging me in the opposite direction. I knew they chased us for awhile, but once I looked back they were no longer there.
"They stopped." I told him pulling us both to a stop.
"Oh right sorry." he said letting go of my hand.
I looked around and saw we were right at the edge of the village. I could feel the woods presence just past the woods barrier. Without knowing it I took a step in that direction.
"How long will you stay here Lizette?" Noren asked a quiver in his voice.
"I can't stay here. I''m leaving in the morning." I told him my eyes on the trees.
"But why?" He asked turning me so that I was looking at him.
I didn't want to tell him, I knew the reason. Him and this village had nothing to do with me so why should I drag them into my life? I looked down and bit the bottom of my lip.
"Fine then I'll come with you!" He said in a determined voice.
"What?" I asked looking back up at him.
"I can't let you leave me behind. I don't know why. So please let me come with you." He said his paws warm on my shoulder.
I was going to tell him that he should stay away from me. That I was nothing but disaster waiting to happen. But before I could even open my mouth I heard the sound of footsteps. We both turned and I saw someone enter out of the morning fog. He was tall and had long hair that he had tucked away in his belt. For a second I jut stared at him. I knew him from somewhere. When he saw me he stopped short as if he couldn't believe his eyes. That's when I recognized him.
"I found you Zanza." He said his mouth curling into a smile.
He had been with the prince!
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry my mind is all over today.