Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter two

After breakfast I made my way outside into the yard, I stood in the sunlight for a few moments feeling the warmth wash over my skin. There was peace around me. It was broken a moment later by the sounds of my brothers.
"Leave it alone that one's mine!"
"No it's mine!"
"No way I called it first!"
Whatever they were fighting about now it would go on for hours if someone didn't stop them. I shook my head then walked over to the shed where I kept my hunting supplies. It took me a moment to open the locks but once I did I sorted through the bows and knives that I had. Finally I settled on the bow I had made from a willow branch. I traced the designs that I had carved, it had taken me days to make it. Smiling I slid it over my shoulders and chose one of the saddle knives my da had gotten for me int the village. Lastly I picked out a quiver of arrows that were down in raven feathers. My brothers had made those for me, they worked the best so I used them all the time.
"Hey Zanza mind shooting with us for a few minutes?" My brothers asked once I closed the doors.
Sometimes I think they sneak up on me no purpose.
"Just for a few minutes." I said my answer met with glee.
They grabbed their bows and quivers and dragged me over to the shooting targets that were set up. I let them shoot first helping Kon with his aim, and Torric with his stance. Marken was alright, he just needed to use less force. Then they stepped back as I pulled out an arrow and fastened it to my string. The wind blew slowly as if it knew I was about to loose the arrow. I felt the earth beneath me turn, I heard the call of the birds in the trees. My heartbeat slowed and a second later I let go. Everything happened in silence the world stopping in it's tracks. Then finally I heard the thunk of my arrow hitting the target.
"Wow sis you hit it right in the middle!" My brothers said at once.
"Really? I thought it missed the center." I said.
One of them went to check (It was Torric I could tell by the sound of his footsteps) and confirmed my suspicions. I hit it slightly off target.
"It was still amazing sis." The argued as I excepted my arrow.
"Thanks but I have to be careful, next time." I nodded adding shooting practice to my list.
"Alright can you shoot a little longer?" Kon asked.
I shook my head and they all sighed. Putting my bow on my back I held out my arms and they tackled me in a group hug. They received noogies then I got up as they rolled on the ground laughing.
"If you're good I might bring you back a treasure." I promised.
They begged to know what it was but I had to keep my mouth shut. I sent them back to put their bows away then I turned towards the forest. It was only a few steps away but each time I felt like I was entering a whole new world. I started walking towards it.
"Be safe!" My mother called from the doorway of our house.
I waved my bow at her then stepped into the woods.