Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter twenty one

I brushed aside a bush as I made my way up the long hill I had been walking up all morning. It was steep and there were rocks and bushes everywhere. I had already tripped twice. With a sigh I sat down and looked up at the sky, the sun was dipping towards the other side of the world already. I probably had a few hours of sunshine left before it was gone.
"Well no use staying here." I said climbing back to my feet.
The plant agreed crawling over to my other arm as it did. Petting it absently with my other hand I started walking again. The top wasn't that far away now, but it still took me the rest of the afternoon to reach it. Leaning against a tree I took in a few gulps of air, right then I was hot, sweaty, and tired. What else could happen?
Oh crap.
"I should not have thought that." I whispered just as the ground beneath my feet began to move.
I grabbed onto the tree and held it with all I had as the very ground started to move. I had been climbing on a mountain giant! I held my breath as the giant began to move through the trees. This was not good, this was really not good! The tree that I had been leaning on unwrapped one of the roots that it had been using to hold itself to the giant and wrapped it around me. I thanked it silently and waited for the giant to stop moving again. After awhile the motion began to lull me to sleep.
I lasted three seconds of pinching myself before I passed out.
* * * *
"Huh?"
There was a strange noise coming from behind me. I turned around and saw that on one of my trees there was a girl. She was tiny!
"What is she doing here?"
I reached down to pick her up but the tree snapped a root at me.
"Ow."
Grabbing the bad tree I pulled it off. It snapped at me again and I tossed it over my shoulder.
"Morbo tired."
Sleep time.
* * * *
"OW!" I shouted jumping to my feet.
Looking around I saw the giant from earlier was lying a few feet away from me. The tree that had been protecting me lay on it's side uprooted. I walked over to it but the life had already left it's body. That's when I looked around and saw where I was.
"Oh hell."
I was surrounded by giants.