Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter twenty two

"Has there been any sign of her?" I asked as Stanton looked over the ground with hi magic.
"Well there are traces of her having been here but after that it just stops." He sounded puzzled but I was furious at the loss of her trail.
"If I could just find her trail again ...." I muttered without any idea of how I would be able to do that.
I started walking along the ground without thinking. Without looking anyway, because a moment later I fell head first into what looked like a crater.
"My prince!" Stanton shouted rushing over.
"I'm fine." I said getting up.
I looked down at the place where I'd fallen and then turned around in a circle. After a second a small smile crossed my face. It seemed I had found her trail again. Even though it was really the footprints of a giant.
* * * *
I looked around trying to find a space between the giants bodies but I saw none. The smallest was still the size of a big hill (it was the one that'd brought me here). The others, I really didn't want to think about what would happen if they turned over in their sleep.
Walking as softly as I could I headed for a small crack between two of the giants. But the moment I got there is closed as if it hadn't existed in the first place. The giants were all still asleep but I didn't try again. There were two options for me I could either try and climb over them which would take three days at least. Or I could wait for them to wake up and kill me when they saw me. Neither was a promising outcome. Sighing I stretched out on a strip of bare land and sighed.
"What am I going to do?" I asked the plant realizing I was stroking it again.
The plant couldn't tell me and as I watched the sun vanished in the horizon. Darkness fell over me, it was a strange feeling not being able to see. It was one that I had gotten used to all my life. Except for the past day and a half.
Reaching into my pocket I pulled out my blindfold. I had grabbed it the last second before changing. tying it around my eyes I felt better. It was no darker then it had been but now I was more comfortable. I could feel the giants breathe and move, shaking the land as they did. I could feel the river that flowed miles away. It was the same one I had drunken from. Then I felt someone move through the trees. I looked around and made my way back over to the tree that had been thrown to the ground along with me. I pulled off a branch and held it before me waiting as the figure got closer and closer. When they landed on the ground a few feet away from me I stepped into a fighting position.
"Who are you and what do you want?" I hissed through a whisper.
"Zanza it's me Noren." The voice said.
I tore off my blindfold and looked at the person standing in front of me. I could just see the outline of his ears in the dark. The only question i had was: What was he doing here?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha ha Giants think of how bad their farts would smell