Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter twenty three

"What are you doing here?" I hissed looking at him as if he was crazy.
"Well for one I'm trying to help you! Now come on before these giants wake up and kill us!" He whispered back looking at the giants.
Something was off but I couldn't put my finger on what it was. Instead of responding to my silence he threw something high in the air. Whatever it was it snagged on a branch above our heads. He tugged a few times on it and I realized it was a rope. He held it out for me motioning for me to climb it. Walking over I tugged on it then started climbing it as fast as I could. It took me almost three minutes to get to the top. I would have gone faster if I was exhausted.
Noren crawled up it behind me and once he reached the top he unhooked the rope and drew it up. He held his finger to his mouth motioning for me to be quiet. I bristled at the motion but stayed quiet all the same. Taking my hand he led me across the branch until we were no longer hanging above the giants. We jumped down through the trees the branches raising slightly to help us. when we reached the ground I pulled my hand away from his and squinted through the darkness.
"What are you doing here Noren?" I asked speaking louder since we were out of danger.
"I wanted to make sure you were alright." He replied turning his head away.
"I would have been fine!" I snapped angry for some reason.
"Really would you have been?" He asked his voice chilling me.
Something really wasn't right. I looked at Noren again but he started moving away from me. I had no choice but to follow since I saw what was on his back. My bow and quiver. Why he had them I didn't know but I wanted them back. They were the only thing left that tied me to my family.
Noren didn't speak to me as we walked. It seemed he was lost in his own thoughts. Each time I tried to start up a conversation he would just grunt or ignore me. It was starting to irritate me by the time we had walked a good distance away from the lair of the giants. That and I was even more tired then I had been before. Seeing a tree root sticking out of the ground ahead I sat down on it and rubbed my eyes.
"Something wrong?" He asked stopping when he noticed I wasn't walking anymore.
"Yeah I'm tired. I've been running and walking all day." I said my own words sounding like a complaint even to me.
"Just a little further, I have a camp set up ahead." His voice was kindish as he spoke.
"Fine." I muttered staggering to my feet.
I followed him and sure enough after awhile I saw a glow through the trees. Okay so there was a fire, which meant warmth, which meant i could sleep. He pushed aside a bush and allowed me to walk ahead of him into the light. My smile froze on my face. Sitting next to the fire was the magician who had tried to capture me, and lying next to him bound and gagged was Noren. Before I could say a word something exploded in front of me dragging away my consciousness.
* * * *
"Good job Stanton." I said catching my bride as she fell.
"Anything for my Prince. The spell worked I take it?" He asked as the boy began to squirm and scream things through his gag.
"Yes, would you mind taking it off. It bothers me to see myself as such a creature." I said laying her down gently on a blanket.
The glow the was Stanton's power wrapped around me stripping the disguise away. Once I was myself again I set down the bow and arrows I had been carrying and sat down next to my sleeping bride. Her face seemed to glow in the firelight. I ran a finger down her cheek and she stirred muttering something in her sleep. It sounded like: " . . . . stupid trick . . . ." I smiled then turned and looked at Stanton across the flames.
"She's a fighter."
"Yes she is my prince."
"As my bride should be.
♠ ♠ ♠
She she she she got CAPTURED!!!!!!!!