Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter twenty six

"Miss please let us help you dress!" the maids on the other side of the door shouted knocking even louder when I refused to open the door.
"No go away!" I shouted pushing the dresser I had found in front of it.
After it was in place I thought back to the second I had woken up in this place. I hadn't remembered where I was and made the mistake of walking out into the hall where they were waiting. At once they jumped to their feet and tried to push their way into my room to "assist me". Somehow I had managed to shove them out before I locked the door and pushed the dresser in front of it.
"I'm going to kill him." I said aloud walking over to the windows to find that they were barred.
The prince had brought me here, I vaguely remember that. My face burned slightly when I thought about the way he had carried me to the room. Brushing my hair out with my fingers I walked over to the door that was on the other side of the room. Pushing it open I found myself in a room that held the largest spring I had ever seen.
The floor was covered with stone that was a pale blue. Water came rushing out of a hole in the wall to pore into the spring. When I touched the water I found it was warm pulling my hand back I looked around at the spring trying to locate the spirit that was connected to the water. There was none. This place was wrong. I stepped back out quickly and shut the door behind me. I placed a chest in front of that door as well to keep the wrongness inside.
"I don't like this place." I whispered rushing back to the bed.
Pulling off the covers I crawled under the bed and laid down. It was easier to think that I was home when I did this. Even when I'd slept on a bed I had always preferred the floor. Shutting my eyes I pulled the memories from down in my heart. The smell of the fire. The voices of my brothers floating down from the ceiling. The warmth of my fathers hand as he laid it on my shoulder to wake me. Once I was surrounded by those memories I was able to relax. I didn't fall asleep again but lying there I was able to feel more at peace.
That is until the door blew up.
"Zanza! Are you alright?!" A voice shouted as smoke filled the room.
I dashed out form under the bed in time to see the prince run into the room looking for me. When he saw me he smiled brightly and wandered over as Stanton made the smoke disappear.
"There you are! When the maids told me you wouldn't open the door I was worried." He said his eyes holding the fading traces of worry.
"So you blew up the door?" I asked not quite understanding his way of thinking.
"Well when I tried to open it myself it wouldn't budge. I apologize if we startled you." He said shaking his head as if he just now realized he had done something wrong.
"I can repair it soon my prince." Stanton said coming up behind us.
"Very well, if you'll follow me Zanza I can take you to a different room where you can bathe and change." The prince said barely acknowledging Stanton.
"If you mean in a spring like the one in there. I refuse." I said blatantly.
Everyone in the room froze as if I had just said something stupid and I was about to die. Which after hearing the rumors about his highness could all happen. Although I wasn't surprised when he just smiled and tapped me on the cheek with his fingers.
"Is there something wrong with the bath?" He asked his question showing genuine on his face.
"It seems unnatural. As if there is something missing from it." I replied.
I don't know why but for some reason I wasn't hating him at the moment. Which was strange because considering all that he's done it was strange for me to go three seconds without wanting to rip out his guts.
"I see, well then there is another place to bathe, it is an old spring in the bottom of the castle. You may go there if you wish."
"I'd like that thank you." I smiled because it seemed the thing to do.
He seemed to freeze and i was about to ask him something when a maid stepped between us.
"This way then miss." She said her happiness seeming to be strained.
"Uh sure." I said glancing behind me at the prince as we walked out of the room.
What was his deal?
* * * *
"She, she, she, she smiled at me."
"Yes she did my prince." Stanton said as he walked over to the door.
I think for a second I just died.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh somethings happening could it be? Is it .... naw couldn't be. Right?