Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter thirty one

I stared up at the sky and thought about what I was going to do next. The wedding was in a few days and there was no way I was going to go along with it. The sun had already set and I knew below me they were still looking for me. I had escaped when they weren't looking which meant they had to find Stanton which was nearly impossible. Raising my hand I held it above me towards the sky and watched as the light passed between my fingers.
"What am I going to do?"
I found that even if I wanted to I could no longer kill the prince to get away. He had become a somewhat friend to me. When he wasn't proclaiming that I was going to be his bride I actually got along with him. He was funny and I could see where any other girl might actually fall for him. But I wanted nothing more then to run free. Dropping my hand I closed my eyes.
"So this is where you are." A voice said from next to me.
"I didn't know you had gotten back. I thought you were going to be gone until the wedding." I said without even opening my eyes knowing who was talking to me.
"I was called back to help find you." Mos said as he climbed up next to me on the roof.
"I'm sorry."
"You have nothing to apologize for. Anyone can see that you don't want to marry his highness. Except maybe his highness." He said in response.
"I don't understand it, if it weren't for the fact that I'm an Elvern then he wouldn't have anything to do with me." I opened my eyes to turn and look at him.
"I'm not to sure about that. There's something about you that draws him and I know it's not the fact that you are an Elvern. That only helped him find you. Think it over. No one would blame you if you ran away, but you can't blame the prince for falling in love with you." Mos waved as he jumped back down leaving me alone with his words hanging in the air.
"I can't blame him, huh?"
In a few days he would be standing there with his goofy grin waiting for me. Could I disappoint him? Could I leave him? What should I do? I didn't know anymore! My hearts said one thing, then my brain says another, then my heart changes what it said before. It was all so confusing.
"I wish mother was here to help me."
Whenever I had a problem she was always there with the solution. When it first became apparent that I could feel the change in the Earth she was the one who convinced pa to let me take on the duties of providing for the family. She was by my side no matter what. And now when I really need her there was no way she could help me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Note to all readers: I will be ending this story soon.