Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter thirty two

"How could you let her escape on today of all days?"
"I thought you were watching her!"
"You were the one on guard duty!"
"We'd better find her soon or else it'll be our hides."
I waited until the maids were gone to come out from under the bed. I was wearing the wedding dress that I had been forced to wear. It was fancier then anything that I had ever worn before and I knew the moment I turned in the wrong direction it would rip. Sighing I sat down on the bed and lightly ran my fingers over the flute I held. I had thought about this day for so long and yet I still didn't have the answer to my questions. What was I going to do?
"Excuse me. Zanza may I come in?" Mos asked standing just outside the door.
"How did you know I was here?" I asked as I got up and opened the door for him.
"It wasn't hard to guess. Now aren't you a lovely vision." He looked me up and down smiling as I scowled.
"If I had any choice I would have worn something else." I said as I carefully walked back over to the bed and sat down.
"If you had any choice you wouldn't be here at all." Mos said as he sat down next to me.
"I don't know what I'm going to do." I admitted staring down at my hands.
"Well you can marry the prince and learn to tolerate him or you can make an attempt to escape. Just listen to what your heart and mind are truly telling you." mos said leaning over and kissing me on the forehead.
I watched him leave my mind still a mess of confusion. What was my heart telling me?
* * * *
"Come this way my lady." The maid who guided me said as I followed behind her.
I nodded and walked behind her as she led me outside. The prince had wanted to have the wedding outside. He was strange, refusing to see me until we met at the altar. I closed my eyes as I passed through the doors into the light. I had made my decision. I only hoped it was the right one.
Music started playing as I walked down the flower strewn path. The prince was waiting for me with the priest his smile nearly breaking his face in half. Mos was sitting in the first row in full uniform. He smiled encouragingly at me as I passed him. I made sure not to look at him or else I would lose my nerve. When I reached the prince we turned and faced each other as the priest recited the vows.
"Do you take this woman to be your wife?" He asked the prince at last.
"I do!" He replied.
It was here.
"And do you take this man to be your husband?" The priest asked turning towards me.
The moment.
Everyone watched as I opened my mouth. The prince's smile never faltered.
"I don't."
Silence fill the air as I dropped the bouquet in my hands. I now held the flute. I smiled at the prince as he watched me shocked. Then as he continued to watch I snapped it in half. water flowed up from the cracks to surround me. The spirit that had resided in the spring below was now free. The flute had kept her here. She could never break it herself, which is why I did for her. She smiled at me as the water wrapped around us. She was going home and I was going with her.
"Zanza!" The prince called holding out his hand.
And I took it.
"Come with me." I said as the water began to thin transporting me and the spirit.
This moment.
What would he say?
"Of course."
Stepping quickly into the water he wrapped his arms around me. As I enclosed us I listened to the steady beat of his heart. When the water cleared we were gone and all that was left was my bouquet and a few drops of water.
♠ ♠ ♠
End.