Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter four

When pa found me I was still yelling. He calmed me down and I helped him carry the man to the house. I only left to go get the buck that I had shot before, the truth is I wanted to stay away from that man. How had he known my name? I doubted we had met I never went with my parents to the village. Had he heard about me? But how did he recognize me? So many questions rushed through my head as I dragged the buck into the house where my mother was waiting for it.
"Now Zanza listen he'll be alright. The wounds weren't that deep." She said as if knowing he would be okay would soothe my nerves.
"Alright."
"We had to put him in your room though. There was now where else that would be warm enough." She said when I stopped skinning the buck.
It was true my room was the only one that had a fireplace built into it. Which is why I was constantly waking up one cold days to find my brothers snuggling up to me. After a moment I started on the buck again. Kon came in with Torric and Marken right behind him.
"Where'd you find him sis?" They questioned as my mother went back to making dinner.
"On the edge, he was almost dead when I found him though." She took over so I could wash the blood off my hands.
"He looks like a northerner." Torric said handing me the soap.
"Really?" I mumbled.
"Yeah! Why do you think he's all the way out here?"
"Don't know." I answered drying my hands.
"That's enough boys go help your father and leave your sister alone." My mother commanded.
They raced off and I wandered into the other room, the other fire place was burning steadily and I could smell the aroma of stew cooking on the flames. I sat with my back against the warm stone and thought. There wasn't anything I could say about the man calling me by my name. It would only make my family worry. I didn't want that.
Curling into a ball I listened to the sounds of my family working around me. My mother was cooking, my brothers were outside collecting branches, and my pa was upstairs settling the man. It was nice, I almost fell asleep. What woke me thought was the feel of horse hoofs pounding into the earth. I jumped to my feet and raced out of the house. They were a few miles away but from the way they were riding they would be here soon. I sent my brothers inside to get pa and stood there waiting as the riders approached.
"You girl!" A harsh voice barked.
I didn't answer but neither did I move.
"Are you the one who can enter the forbidden woods?" He questioned annoyance seeping into his voice.
I didn't answer that one either. First the man now this?! What else was going to happen today?