Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter seven

The Elvern were a race of people that proved to this worlds greatest warriors and it's greatest threat. Their powers connected them to the earth and everything that treads upon it. One look into your eyes and you would become the willing servant of the Elvern that stood in front of you. This led to them covering their eyes, hiding behind the walls they built in the forests. The offspring of humans and elves the Elvern had all the beauty of their elf parent, and all the strength and will power of their human one. For years they were unknown to the world, then during war that would have destroyed it they chose to fight. They were beautiful and devastating to watch, as they took down enemy after enemy. One Elvern warrior alone could take down an entire army.
Kings went after them for bodyguards, sorcerers sought to find the source of their powers. The world was shaken by them, but when they refused to show themselves again they became a threat. In a bloody way that lasted six years the Elvern were found and slaughtered. Each king feared what would happen if the Elvern joined their enemies, so together they killed until the entire race was dead. No child was left alive, and soon after the humans and Elves forbade each other from creating more offspring. The Elvern became a folktale, their memory erased.
Except for me.
Laying in my bed that night I moved my hands across my face. Was I really blind? Not once since I was little had I taken off the blindfold. It was spelled against water so I wore it even when I bathed. My hands shook as I reached back towards the knot. Then suddenly I stopped. I couldn't take it off now. They would know, slowly I lowered my hands.
"Tomorrow." I whispered. "Tomorrow I'll take it off."
Holding the vow in my heart I slept.
The next morning I awoke to the sounds of everyone running around. One of my brothers (Torric I realized after a moment) jumped onto me as I sat up.
"What's going on?" I asked a little disoriented.
"We're going to the village! Pa just told us! Isn't it exciting?" He asked full of energy.
"Yeah, hey will you help me put my stuff away?" I asked patting his head.
He nodded vigorously, and together we managed to put away the bedding I had used. Then as pa called him out to help with something I made my way upstairs. Opening my door the smallest bit I heard the sound of the man breathing. He was still asleep. Quietly walking in I grabbed some clothes then left. going downstairs I changed in mothers room, once I finished the last button I walked out into the front yard where the wagon was being loaded.
"Pa how long will you be gone?" I asked finding him loading a trunk into the wagon.
"Not long, do you think you can manage without us for awhile?" He asked patting my head once he was done.
"Yes Pa." I smiled at him and he let out a sigh.
He asked the same question each time they left, I always answered the same way. This time though I could feel tension coming from his body. He was still worried about the men from before. I smiled again and hugged him, his arms wrapped around me a moment later. When he let go I helped load the rest of the luggage then stood by as they left. My brothers yelled at me as they road in the wagon and I waved until I was sure they could no longer see me. A swift check inside told me the man was still sleeping. Then collecting my bow, quiver, and hunting knife I headed into the forest. The time had come for me to learn if I really was a monster.
♠ ♠ ♠
Elvern, that's a weird word. Ellllllvvvvern. Yeah weird.