Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter nine

I ran through the wood not even caring that right now I was breaking any rule I had set for it. my heart was pounding as I ran and ran. Even though I could see the fire I felt it grow stronger with every second I wasted running. Finally when I reached the edge of the wood I almost ran right out. What stopped me though was the sight that lay before me. My family was being thrown out of the wagon we used to take our goods to the village and the moment everyone was out they were surrounded by guards. My pa looked up and saw me, his surprise of seeing me without my blindfold was only masked by the fear that shown in his face. I wanted to run out and help them but that single look made me step back and hide.
"You were warned farmer!" A harsh voice called out, "That if it were found that you were harboring the girl we sought that then you and your family would be punished."
A peak around the tree I was hiding behind showed me that it was the same man from yesterday. He wore all armor that gleamed unnaturally in the light. It was most likely spelled against harm.
"I told you that girl was my niece!" My pa shouted earning him a slap across the face.
"Silence fool! We have the records that show you brought that girl here! Where is she?!" The man asked lifting my father into the air.
I wanted to run out to save him, but what would be the point of him lying to protect me then? I fingered my bow ready to shoot any at any time. But when I saw someone walk across the yard towards my family I stopped.
"There is no reason to get violent captain. You will not get the answers out of him that way." It was a smooth voice when that I couldn't have put to a face before.
"As you wish my prince." The man dropped my father as the newcomer joined them.
Prince. Prince. Prince. The word echoed in my head as I watched the man who had been injured just the day before stand in front of my family standing tall and proud as if he had never been injured in the first place.
"Now good sir, I know who that girl is and I must warn you I cannot stop what my guards might do to your family if you don't tell me." His smile was warm even though his words were cruel.
"I'd rather die then let you get your hands on my little girl." Pa said spitting at the Prince's feet.
"Insolent fool!' The captain shouting lunging at my pa.
"No stop. I have a much better way of dealing with his kind." The prince smiled then motioned with his fingers.
Guard grabbed my father as the prince walked over to where my mother and brothers were. More guards separated them and at another snap Torric was brought before the prince. He grabbed my brother by the arm and twisted him around. I didn't see where it came from but a knife appeared in his hands which he held to my brothers throat.
"Each time you cross me one of your children will die sir." The prince smiled even as blood began to drip down Torric's throat.
I didn't hesitate, my arrow was flying through the air the moment I saw the blood. The knife was pulled form his grip even as I notched another arrow and fired it at his heart. The guards were too slow to stop the arrow and it dug itself into his armor, which meant that he released my brother.
"My prince!" the captain shouted.
I shot six more arrows striking each of the guards who was holding onto my family. The ones I didn't kill dashed away to help their comrades. My family looked at me and I at them, then I motioned towards the wagon. My pa got the hint and dragged them over to it. Once they were gone I turned saw the prince bleeding slightly then dashed back into the forest.
* * * *
"My prince you'll be alright. Get the med kit now!" My captain shouted as he kneeled over me.
"I found her." I said although he was too busy to here me, "I found my bride."
♠ ♠ ♠
?????!!!!!!